Parenting

People suck. Long vent.

I ran into a coworker at Target this afternoon. She only works at my school for summer sessions and this year I'm not working with her because I opted to stay home for the summer with DS.

Last summer when I was pregnant she made daily rude and judgy comments to me about anything and everything baby related. How she did things. How she can't believe I would, gasp, work once DS arrived. You name it, she judged it. Hard.

Saw her today, and within 5 minutes, she criticized me at least 6 or 7 times.
Here are a few

"It's so nice that you are home for the summer. Why you would go back to work if you can afford to stay home the summer is beyond me. I just loved my kids so much, I couldn't do it."

"DS should really have sunglasses on outside. You only have one set of eyes, after all."

"Well isn't he just a little chunk. You really need to be careful with that as he gets older. Hopefully he'll thin out when he starts walking."

Yeah....I alternated between wanting to punch her and cry at the same time.

People suck sometimes.

Thanks for letting me vent. Since I clammed up and didn't have any good comebacks for her.

Re: People suck. Long vent.

• I probably would have punched her. Then blamed it on my post-partum hormones still adjusting, even almost a year later.
    June 2014 July Siggy Challenge - Squish Pics

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Kryptic Mischief in the Making
  • What a bi. I'd walk away and never speak again.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Whatawhore!

Hysterectomy after Stage IV Endometriosis
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Charlotte Rocks!

• How rude!

"Clearly I don't love my child and you are much better at this kid stuff. You want him? I need a nap and a trip to Vegas."

http://mcstubsmusings.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/183445.jpg
  • image KlondikeBar:
    How rude!nbsp;"Clearly I don't love my child and you are much better at this kid stuff. You want him? I need a nap and a trip to Vegas."

I like your response better than mine. I clammed up and couldn't think of anything clever to say.

For the job comment I said "we're just doing what works best for our family." For the sunglass comment, I said, " it's just a quick trip inside, I'm sure he's fine." And for the weight comment, I said, "the pedi said he's really healthy which is all I can ask for."

I'm too passive. I need to find my inner B for this kind of situation. Especially if I don't stay home next summer and have to work with her.
  • I'd take comfort in knowing she's a miserable b itch that has to live with herself. People like that are not leading pleasant lives.
  • Whatabitch. Try not to let it get to you. Obviously she is an ahole.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow. Some people, I swear. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am like you and can't think of good comebacks on the spot. She sounds like a joy. Be glad you aren't working with her this summer and just ran into her this once. People like that are miserable ppl and take it out on others. Just stand tall and know that you are a great mommy and person! Way better than she will ever be!

• suv75suv75
    250 Answers 1000 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Love Its
    Maybe she's a miserable twat and is deflecting
  • Oh, goodness- you are allowed to not be nice to people who are being mean. It's okay to just walk away, say, "Oh, gotta go- no time to chat!" or just look her dead in the eye and ask what the everlovingfwck is wrong with her. She probably is a miserable person, but, that doesn't make it okay for her to spread it like that. Blech.
  • Omfg.

I have 2 chunky, healthy boys and I'm always appalled when people comment on their weight in a negative light. It happens all the time too and it makes me want to throat punch people.

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....
    MC#1- 12/2008, MC#2- 05/2009, MC#3 07/2009, MC#4 11/2009

Training to become an IBCLC. BF Questions? Just ask!

• image mamaREB29:
    Omfg.

I have 2 chunky, healthy boys and I'm always appalled when people comment on their weight in a negative light. It happens all the time too and it makes me want to throat punch people.

Right! DS is a serious chunk. But I LOVE that about him. He's 24lbs at 9.5 months. 98th percentile for height and weight. Loves trying anything I'm eating and is the happiest, most easy going baby around. I love his chunky cheeks and kissable rolls. He's a baby. There is nothing wrong with a healthy, happy, baby.

This is stupid, but as she was insulting his weight, he was looking at her laughing and smiling. Being his cute self. It made me furious that she was making all these rude comments about him while he was being so sweet and happy to her. That was the point when I felt like crying. Oh, and punching.
  • I'm so sorry, what a B!tch.  By the way your DS is adorable not a "little chunk"
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • image proudworkingmom82:
    I'm so sorry, what a B!tch. nbsp;By the way your DS is adorable not a "little chunk"

Thank you!
  • image SunnyDays26:
    image KlondikeBar:
    How rude!nbsp;"Clearly I don't love my child and you are much better at this kid stuff. You want him? I need a nap and a trip to Vegas."
    I like your response better than mine. I clammed up and couldn't think of anything clever to say. For the job comment I said "we're just doing what works best for our family." For the sunglass comment, I said, " it's just a quick trip inside, I'm sure he's fine." And for the weight comment, I said, "the pedi said he's really healthy which is all I can ask for." I'm too passive. I need to find my inner B for this kind of situation. Especially if I don't stay home next summer and have to work with her.

I never think of good responses on the spot either. It's much easier when you're not in the heat of the moment.

When someone makes a rude or strange comment, I just give a disapproving look, a wary smile and walk away. It's my way of saying, "Thanks. You're nuts and I'm never going to speak to you again. Bye."

http://mcstubsmusings.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/183445.jpg
  • image KlondikeBar:

How rude!

"Clearly I don't love my child and you are much better at this kid stuff. You want him? I need a nap and a trip to Vegas."

Im just learning this iPad bumping thing. Insert thumbs up.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Twin BOYS! Butting heads since 2014.

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker 

• image KlondikeBar:

How rude!

Im just learning this iPad bumping thing. Insert thumbs up.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Twin BOYS! Butting heads since 2014.

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker 

• image SunnyDays26:
    image mamaREB29:
    Omfg.

Right! DS is a serious chunk. But I LOVE that about him. He's 24lbs at 9.5 months. 98th percentile for height and weight. Loves trying anything I'm eating and is the happiest, most easy going baby around. I love his chunky cheeks and kissable rolls. He's a baby. There is nothing wrong with a healthy, happy, baby.

This is stupid, but as she was insulting his weight, he was looking at her laughing and smiling. Being his cute self. It made me furious that she was making all these rude comments about him while he was being so sweet and happy to her. That was the point when I felt like crying. Oh, and punching.

I'm so mad for you. Chunky babies are amazing. People make such rude comments to me all the time about both of my boys weight. Really people? REALLY??????

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....
    MC#1- 12/2008, MC#2- 05/2009, MC#3 07/2009, MC#4 11/2009

Training to become an IBCLC. BF Questions? Just ask!

• image 30HelensAgree:
    I'd take comfort in knowing she's a miserable b itch that has to live with herself. People like that are not leading pleasant lives.

This.

There's no need for comebacks to these types of people. They WANT to know that they got under your skin. Its how they get their kicks. I believe its best to brush those people off.

That womans opinion doesn't mean crap. She's not worth your energy, period.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • kj07kj07
    Ancient Membership 5000 Comments 250 Answers 100 Love Its
    She sucks and isn't worth your time.
    photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • MaebbMaebb
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    Awww, poor lady, something must be really wrong with her for her to be acting so mean and insensitive. Maybe she's really unhappy. What a bitchybitch.
  • Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the nice comments. I know I need to brush it off but sometimes it's not easy to do so. Thanks for making me feel better! I really appreciate it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

image  image

"Oh Bryn, you see through the dark
    Right past the fireflies that sleep in my heart." - Vampire Weekend
    "So if you dare to second guess, you can rest assured that all my love's for you.
    My beating heart belongs to you." - Billie Joe Armstrong
    "So don't don't don't get up. I can't see the sunshine. I'll be waiting for you, baby--
    'cause I'm through." - Julian Casablancas

Follow me on Tumblr!

Black Out: my work-in-progress

Fun Direction
  • What. The. Fluck?

How rude!! The first one really had me mad! Honestly I kind of wonder if she's jealous of you.
  • image eddy321:

image SunnyDays26:
    image KlondikeBar:

I like your response better than mine. I clammed up and couldn't think of anything clever to say.

For the job comment I said "we're just doing what works best for our family." For the sunglass comment, I said, " it's just a quick trip inside, I'm sure he's fine." And for the weight comment, I said, "the pedi said he's really healthy which is all I can ask for."

I'm too passive. I need to find my inner B for this kind of situation. Especially if I don't stay home next summer and have to work with her.

I completely understand how you feel.  I would have reacted the same way you did.

I don't understand, though... if she's working this summer, how is that different from you working?  Is there some kind of work threshold that makes you a good mom?  If so, I missed the memo.

Her kids are older now. Youngest in his junior year of high school and oldest in college.