So breastfeeding has been painful for the entire six weeks. It got really bad a couple of weeks ago and I asked for Diflucan to treat yeast, assuming that was the issue. After 9 days on it I was still in pain and EP'ing at that point. I called the Dr and without seeing me, even though I tried to get in, they called in antibiotics to treat mastitis. Again, just a guessing game. I didn't have any of the obvious signs.
Over the next couple of days I started feeling better and have been EBF'ing since. Well, ever since yesterday I'm going backward in the pain department. This makes me think it was yeast and it started to get better after I finished the Diflucan but got on the other antibiotics right away and that caused it to come back. So I'm stopping the meds for mastitis and finally have my pp appt on Tuesday.
WWYD? Call the on call Dr and ask for another round of Diflucan, even though the docs always sound annoyed if it's not business hours? Or wait till Tuesday and suffer through feedings all weekend? Unfortunately I can't pump while alone with LO since I can never put him down without blood curdling screams.
Like I said, I'm a disaster.