Parenting

Light pasta dishes?

Does anyone know of any light pasta dishes that can be served for dinner?  Most of the ones I'm finding are geared as sides more than entrees.

"Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever the fuck you were gonna do anyway." - RDJ
"Even if it's a lie, say it will be alright.  And I shall believe." SC

Re: Light pasta dishes?

• You could do like a scampi, but toned down a bit. A nice lemon garlic butter sauce with chicken or shrimp and colorful veggies with angelhair.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersPitaPata Dog tickersPitaPata Dog tickers
  • image Nana_Osaki06:
    You could do like a scampi, but toned down a bit. A nice lemon garlic butter sauce with chicken or shrimp and colorful veggies with angelhair.

Those both sound amazing!  

"Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever the fuck you were gonna do anyway." - RDJ
  • image Pfft:
    Vegetable lo mein. Use thicker noodles like vermicelli or rice noodles to make it more filling?

Love lo mein.  Although I'd probably have to add some chicken or shrimp because DH looks at me like I'm nuts if I just hand him a bowl of pasta with no meat. 

• http://www.jamieshomecookingskills.com/recipe.php?title=classic-tomato-spaghetti

I love this recipe. Instead of canned tomatoes though, I just chop a fresh one. Really tasty and easy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • You can make shrimp primavera or spaghetti with turkey meatballs. I sometimes sautee a bunch of peppers, onions, garlic and tomatoes and put them on top of penne with marinara sauce and a touch of parm on top.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • Penne pasta noodles, pesto sauce, fresh mozzarella pieces, chopped tomatoes, and shrimp. Serve cold or hot. I've also done chicken instead of shrimp.

I normally top with extra shredded mozzarella too.
  • Sautee some garlic, onions, tomatoes, zucchini, spinach and any other veggie you would like in Olive Oil. Add, salt, pepper, basil and oregano. Cover the mixture with chicken broth and let simmer until veggies are tender. Serve with pasta. For best flavor ladle a few scoops of the cooking water from your pasta. Also let the pasta finishing cooking in the chicken broth.

• Sautee pancetta, onions and garlic.  Add fresh peas and sautee for 2-3 minutes.  Add more olive oil and boiled orechiette.  Add a bit if pasta water to thicken it up.
    Lilypie - (L4SA)
    Lilypie - (I4o1)
  • Annnd now I'm starving.  Thanks so much ladies!  

• We use any leftover veggies we have (last week it was carrot, bell peppers, broccoli and onion ), and and saute them in a little olive oil with salt and pepper and some hot red pepper flakes. We toss in some pasta and some fresh Parmesan cheese.

• image SunnyDays26:
    Penne pasta noodles, pesto sauce, fresh mozzarella pieces, chopped tomatoes, and shrimp. Serve cold or hot. I've also done chicken instead of shrimp.

Something similar to this was what I was going to recommend. I LOVE fresh pesto!

• image SunnyDays26:
    Penne pasta noodles, pesto sauce, fresh mozzarella pieces, chopped tomatoes, and shrimp. Serve cold or hot. I've also done chicken instead of shrimp.

Something similar to this was what I was going to recommend. I LOVE fresh pesto!

• I have been making a lighter spaghetti sauce (although not that healthy I don't think)

28oz can diced tomatoes
    5 TBSP of butter
    Onion cut in half

Dump in the tomatoes, butter and half onion whole into a sauce pan, simmer for several hours.

Serve over noodles

• Saute two minced garlic cloves and two cups broccoli in olive oil over medium heat. Boil 1/2lb of spaghetti. When the spaghetti is done toss it with 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, lemon zest (1 lemon), and a touch more olive oil so it doesn't stick, then toss it with the broccoli and garlic. Sprinkle some feta over it and voila! Dinner. 

I make this every Monday night in the summer.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Saute garlic, halved cherry tomatoes, pine nuts and spinach in olive oil and a dash of white wine.  Toss with spaghetti and shredded prosciutto.  Make sure you add the proscuitto last so it doesn't get overcooked by the heat of other ingredients. 
  • Shrimp and asparagus pasta? I have a recipe for something like this that's really nice: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Shrimp-and-Asparagus-Fettuccine/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Thumb&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe%20Hub

Except my recipe has garlic and lemon instead of Old Bay.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker 

• image SmittyPants:

Saute two minced garlic cloves and two cups broccoli in olive oil over medium heat. Boil 1/2lb of spaghetti. When the spaghetti is done toss it with 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, lemon zest (1 lemon), and a touch more olive oil so it doesn't stick, then toss it with the broccoli and garlic. Sprinkle some feta over it and voila! Dinner. 

I make this every Monday night in the summer.  

Yum! I am putting that on my list for this week.          

• I actually just made this tonight.

http://www.apronstringsblog.com/one-pot-wonder-tomato-basil-pasta-recipe/

SO good! SO easy! We will be making this again. We added a yellow squash and extra garlic and omitted the onions (personal preference).

Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • 12 oz egg noodles, fettucine, spaghetti, or other pasta cooked per package, keeping 2 cups of pasta cooking water

4 oz goat cheese

2 tbsp. lemon juice, fresh

10 oz fresh spinach

1 small bunch curly parsley

1 small bunch cilantro (you can skip if you want or replace with kale, parsley, or spinach)

4 oz walnuts, halved or chopped

Let goat cheese melt and mix into pasta water. Pour into blender and add greens a little bit at a time, blend into thin saucy consistency (add more water a Tbsp at a time to thin if needed). Add lemon juice. Empty into pan and heat on med-low until hot, not boiling. Turn off and remove from heat; pour over pasta and toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts before serving.

I have added shredded rotisserie chicken to this before, and it tastes like it would also work with steak or tuna or steamed broccoli.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Also, I got a julienne slicer/grater thingee so I get long julienned strands of zucchini, squash, and carrot that I add to my pasta, so you get more veggies in your meal and not as much pasta, and then I don't feel as guilty if I have it with a cream or meat sauce.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href