Babies: 6 - 9 Months

first birthday

what did you do for your baby's first birthday? my son turns 1 in october and i am going to start planning in august but dont know what to do! i dont want to go big but need to have something! we live in a city so our apartment is too small to host a small get together of our family and friends...suggestions needed thank you!!

Re: first birthday

• IdaniIdani
    Ancient Membership 5000 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    With my first son we lived in a small home for the first two years, the first year we did his party at a local park.  We rented the pavilion, grilled etc.  For his second the weather had already gotten cold so we planned it at a local restaurant where we rented the side room out.  If you have a local church or community center that might be an option as well. 

Little Dude '09 Littlest Dude '12
  • Perhaps a local farm that has hay rides and a little cafe? We have one in our area but all is weather depending I guess. 
    I married my best friend August 2009
    Lil J born 10/11/12

• My son's first birthday is in October too. I have posted on the Birthday Parties board (I have a post called "First Birthday Questions" and repliers have given a lot of good tips and ideas).

Also, Pinterest is nice. 

BFP: February 12 2012
    Joseph Scott born October 8
    7lb 12oz 20.5"
    TTC #2 Since February 2013

• nealblnealbl
    5000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 250 Answers 500 Love Its

We have big families on both sides that all live close by so we have big birthday parties. Our house is too small to hold everyone so we rent the clubhouse at the golfcourse DH is a memeber of. For DD1 we did the theme winter onederland. Her bday is in December. I did one small snowflake cake for her and then made cupcakes and cookies for the guests. I had two different types of chili and a bar of stuff to put in the chili. 

DD2 I think we are going to do something along the lines of our little pumpkin. I am going to carve her name into pumpkins and the number one. I plane to get some bails of hey and setup a fun area in our backyard. 

#1: BFP 12/17/08 My angel flew to heaven 12/23/08 #2: BFP 4/4/09 Born 12/17/09 #3: BFP 6/24/2011 My angel flew to heaven 7/3/2011 to join his/her sibling. #4 BFP 2/22/2012 Born 10/25/2012
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
  • image Idani:
    With my first son we lived in a small home for the first two years, the first year we did his party at a local park.  We rented the pavilion, grilled etc.  For his second the weather had already gotten cold so we planned it at a local restaurant where we rented the side room out.  If you have a local church or community center that might be an option as well. 

This is what we are doing this year. We've rented the recreational building, so we're covered if it decides to rain. The park has a lake, putt putt, and a playground right beside our building. We are inviting between 60 and 70 people, so we needed lots of room.