1st Trimester

Depression

I am so excited for baby number 2, but I find myself depressed most of the time. I really only had 1 friend from school who is my bff, but now I never get to see her (so I really don't have any friends). I hardly ever get to see my family. I find myself isolated at the house all the time. My boyfriend and I really don't get along so we decided we would never get married (which is something I have always wanted to do in life). We were together only a month when I found out I was pregnant (even though I had known him and his family for years) and now after 2 years of dating we found out I was pregnant again.I live in Ky so he has the mentality that the man works and the woman stays home and takes care of the kids, cleans house, and cooks, so I really don't get that much help when needed. Sometimes I just feel like I'm spiraling down.Sorry about this posts I know its a bit odd. I'm not trying to throw a pity party for myself, I guess I just needed to vent since really have no one else to talk to. There is a lot more I would like to say, but not really sure how to explain my feelings. Again sorry if this post is to odd for you, but I just really need someone to talk to these days.

Re: Depression

• I'm kinda in the same boat as you. I just moved to a new state and have like 2 friends that live really far away. I suggest talking to your bf though because you don't want to feel trapped. I was in a previous relationship with a guy that sounds like your bf and it was terrible.
  • First, there isn?t anything odd about your post. Prenatal depression is not an uncommon ailment. Also, I don?t think you?re ?throwing a pity party,? but rather being honest with yourself about your feelings. This is a strength, not a weakness. If you have health insurance, do you know if it covers counseling services? If so, your OB might even be able to recommend someone with experience in working with pregnant women and depression. Since there seem to be several situational factors worsening your feelings of depression, a counselor should be able to help you create a plan to address some of these factors and improve your mood. I know counseling can seem scary if you've never been before, but it's actually not so bad :) I hope you feel better soon. You deserve to be happy!

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:107%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}
  • I'm sorry you're not feeling great. :( It's not a pity party, you feel down and lonely. Are there any way to find other mothers in the area or anything? It's amazing how children and pregnancies can bond people together. I hope you find someone you can talk to and lean on with you.