1st Trimester

ALWAYS READY TO EAT

ok so I had something to eat an hour ago and now IM ready to eat again is that normal because IM eating for 2?

Re: ALWAYS READY TO EAT

• You're not really eating for two. This is a very common misconception that can lead to extra and unnecessary weight gain in pregnancy. The increased calorie intake during pregnancy adds up to about an apple and a glass of milk per day. In the 1st trimester, you don't need any extra calories. During the 2nd trimester, 300 extra calories are recommended, and during the 3rd, 450 extra calories are recommended. If you are overweight or obese, you may need less calories so discuss this with your OB. Try eating smaller more frequent meals throughout the day, and add in extra protein to help you feel full. Eat a balanced diet with fruits and vegetables.

Try snacking on fruits and veggies, almonds, trail mix, yogurt, granola bars, peanut butter, hard boiled eggs, and string cheese just to name a few things. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimageimage
  • I agree with the pp for the most part.

However, if you're hungry just eat.

Being pregnant is a different ballgame in the energy burn dept.

I for one require a lot of food when pregnant for some reason. I didn't gain a ton of weight either (just the standard 30). If I'm hungry I'm going to eat. Period.

Just make good choices overall. Also a lot of protein helps.

I do a lot of ham sandwiches with lettuce and cheese if I'm totally starving at snack. Relatively healthy, filling but not totally overkill on the calories.

I also eat a lot of carbs in early first tri. It makes me feel not so bad. I try to balance it all out as time goes on though.

• Yes, I'm hungry all the time!
  • I wish I had the same problem. I haven't had much of an appetite so for the most part, I have to force feed myself. But I agree with the previous posters, if you are hungry, then eat. :
  • I have cravings (already!) but am never hungry, however, I've found that if I don't eat every 1 1/2 to 2 hours my body completely shuts down. So I do eat every 2 hours, but very, very, very small meals. My favorite is about 1/6 to 1/4 a piece of lasagna and milk or some berries or a slice of green apple. It really helps!
  • well IM a diabetic so I guess that is part of the always feeling hungry part to