Babies: 3 - 6 Months

How much naked time

Do you give your LO?  DD is naked anytime she gets a bath and I do just diaper tummy time in the morning but I'm afraid to go completely naked because I don't want her to pee or poo on the bed/mat. Is naked time super important to her development?

Re: How much naked time

• =Lee=B=Lee=B member

I wouldn't think there is much benefit at all to just diaper time with no clothes...unless she is on you or daddy for skin to skin. I try to have my baby diaper free 2x a day for a good 10-15min.  She rather enjoys this time.  I leave her on a absorbent pad (meant for a crib).  We use cloth diapers so I also leave an open cloth diaper under her bum as she does pee at least once during this time.

It is amazing how a little dry air time can help a bum!  Any redness or anything disappears.  We are also known for putting her on the table outside for outside diaper free time.  My husband and I sit and read at the table on either side...we put rolled up towels around in case she decides to roll away.  We put her under her hanging toy mat and she will play diaper free for a good half an hour or more. But again I have the soaker pad under her for when she pees.

• None, just bathtime for us. We keep the AC cranked so she would get cold.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagetilsonc:
    None, just bathtime for us. We keep the AC cranked so she would get cold.

This is the case for us too. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It helps with diaper rash, both curing and keeping it from recurring. We usually let DS air out after bath time and kick around on a towel in the floor of his room (carpeted floor) while we play with him and get him ready for bed. It cracks us up b/c he seems to like being naked so much!
  • This is foreign to me. How would naked time be beneficial to development? DS and DD are only diaperless in the tub.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    Only for baths. FWIW, we've never had diaper rash and I didn't know that was supposed to help. He's in just a diaper all day unless we go somewhere though.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• My DD doesn't really care about rolling over... except when naked! She gets a lot more active and curious without clothes and diapers hindering her! I have a waterproof pad (I think it was 3 pads for $15) that I put on the carpet and just let her have a ball! If she pees on the pad, I just throw it in the wash and grab another (saves a diaper too!).
  • I give him a few minutes of naked time at each diaper change. Enough to air dry. And after his bath he gets some good naked time too.

I don't know how important it is, I just know that he loves being naked, and I love seeing him happy. :) 

• I wasn't aware naked time was important for development, maybe it is but that's not why we do it. I just think it's nice to have time to be free of clothes. We do "nakey time" as much as possible, I just lay receiving blankets on the floor and if they get pooped or peed on it's no big deal. My DS loves loves nakey time and we always say he does his best work naked.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    This is foreign to me. How would naked time be beneficial to development? DS and DD are only diaperless in the tub.

This...
  • We do about 20 minutes of naked time a day (not counting baths).  I will usually just put him on his play gym mat or a small blanket and he usually does pee on it, especially when he is on his belly but I just expect to have to wash it.  For a while it was the only way I could get him to do tummy time for an extended period of time without melting down.  We cloth diaper, so I already do a lot of laundry, and naked time seemed to help him figure out rolling, which is a bit more difficult in a bulky CD.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • He gets about an hour a day overall, but that's mostly because it's extremely hot and humid out here and he's a naked baby. He just loves feeling the rare breeze on his bum while doing tummy time and after his bath.
  • None.... the only time she's naked is in the bathtub.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• smfdjosmfdjo member

imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    This is foreign to me. How would naked time be beneficial to development? DS and DD are only diaperless in the tub.

This 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"