February 2012 Moms

UO/SA/FFFC

All rolled into one! Happy 4th of July!

Managing tree nut (me), peanut & egg (DS) allergies.

image image

Re: UO/SA/FFFC

• Now that it's summer, I've been drinking iced coffee with a straw in the afternoon instead of hot. Cody loves drinking from straws and is always grabbing the coffee. He's a quick one, and sometimes he gets the straw and splashes coffee around. Very annoying. I had the bright idea of letting have a sip of the coffee with the hopes that once he realized it was nasty that he would leave my drink alone. I drink my coffee black. No way he would like it, right? Wrong! He loves it.

image image
  • So we're at my MIL beach house for the weekend, which has been fairly boring since it's been storming and raining the whole time.  I still put DD in a cute little dress for Independence Day.  Anyway, some extended family came over and I changed DD's diaper.  Then, while she's walking around acting cute in front of everyone, her diaper just falls off....  I swear, I know how to put on a diaper!!
    Face Slaps:  2/14 Siggy Challenge:
    The 20 Best Gif Slaps Of All Time
    Lilypie - (Q6LH)

Lilypie - (XhH1)
  • image Starbuck128:
    Now that it's summer, I've been drinking iced coffee with a straw in the afternoon instead of hot. Cody loves drinking from straws and is always grabbing the coffee. He's a quick one, and sometimes he gets the straw and splashes coffee around. Very annoying. I had the bright idea of letting have a sip of the coffee with the hopes that once he realized it was nasty that he would leave my drink alone. I drink my coffee black. No way he would like it, right? Wrong! He loves it.

I like the Tim Hortons Iced Mocha Capps, I let my kiddo lick the whipped cream off my straw. I'm so bad.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My kids are driving me nuts.  They are whiny and annoying and I'm about to freaking lose it and H had an outpatient procedure the other day so he can't really help or do much and I'm seriously about to run away.  I have done nothing but clean up after the baby and H today and the 5 year old is just generally being whiny for some reason.  I am sick and tired of feeling taken for granted today and we have 3 more days together.  I do not think we will like each other at the end of this long weekend.  

• image Starbuck128:
    Now that it's summer, I've been drinking iced coffee with a straw in the afternoon instead of hot. Cody loves drinking from straws and is always grabbing the coffee. He's a quick one, and sometimes he gets the straw and splashes coffee around. Very annoying. I had the bright idea of letting have a sip of the coffee with the hopes that once he realized it was nasty that he would leave my drink alone. I drink my coffee black. No way he would like it, right? Wrong! He loves it.

At least it's just coffee...I've read about people who try this with an alcoholic drink with an older kid who have had it backfire similarly.

Lilypie - (vjFY)image

• Once again, I am hating the flipping fireworks neighbors are setting off VERY close to my house. I really just do not get the thrill. I think people that do this who live in neighborhoods are being completely inconsiderate of others, especially since its nighttime. Yeah, I'm a party pooper.
  • jk382jk382
    100 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Love Its

image NatesLady1309:
    Once again, I am hating the flipping fireworks neighbors are setting off VERY close to my house. I really just do not get the thrill. I think people that do this who live in neighborhoods are being completely inconsiderate of others, especially since its nighttime. Yeah, I'm a party pooper.

I can hear fireworks now and I am hoping that they don't wake Nolan!  I am a party pooper too! 

• Um.
    I consumed nothing but Hungry Howies and beer, coffee, and water today.
    And there is white castle in the future.
    I am disgusting.

Truly disgusting.
  • Oh and we set several fireworks off tonight and it was a blast.

And I often feel like either the people on this board are either light on their FFFCs or they just really have nothing to confess because this board is full of angels?

Hmm.
  • I don't know if it's that this board is full of "angels", but i tend to feel like the older I get, I don't see my previous indiscretions as something to flaunt in public. 

My FFFC:  DH and I had the biggest blow out the other night.  I used the "D" word.  Classy.

• image CotterpinDoozer:
    I don't know if it's that this board is full of "angels", but i tend to feel like the older I get, I don't see my previous indiscretions as something to flaunt in public.nbsp; My FFFC:nbsp; DH and I had the biggest blow out the other night.nbsp; I used the "D" word.nbsp; Classy.

No, I agree.

I think I'm just bored with TB.

• image Amberrrr:
    image CotterpinDoozer:
    I don't know if it's that this board is full of "angels", but i tend to feel like the older I get, I don't see my previous indiscretions as something to flaunt in public.nbsp; My FFFC:nbsp; DH and I had the biggest blow out the other night.nbsp; I used the "D" word.nbsp; Classy.
    No, I agree. I think I'm just bored with TB.

I am on the Dec 13' much more because this board is slowly dying. I don't know what to do to fix it and honestly, I am not that concerned.  

Yesterday we shot off fireworks, but we live in the middle of no where...so I don't think it bothered anyone. I do agree that setting them off in a neighborhood is stupid. People have children that are sleeping, if you want fireworks, go to a show and watch them, or drive somewhere, where houses aren't right next to where you're setting them off. We lived in an apartment last year and stupid people were setting them off in the parking lot right outside our patio....by the cars. They were the big ones that pop in the air. Alarms were going off and I snapped. I went all "mom" on them and waved my finger and told them to leave. They didn't listen, so I stood next to them and called the police. They left. My H said he had never seen that side of me, but it pissed me off! Wake my baby and I will cut you. 

imageimage

BFP #1 July 4, 2011 Baby girl born Feb 22, 2012!!
    BFP #2 December 17, 2012 MMC January 24, 2013
    BFP #3 April 7, 2013 Baby girl born December 11, 2013!!
    Amelia has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. She has had 3 open heart surgeries, 1 g-tube surgery, and one tracheostomy. She is the strongest, most precious little fighter. 
    You can follow her at. Www.ameliafaithsheart.blogspot.com
  • FFFC - 1. I just ate a left over brat from yesterdays festivities. It's only 10 AM but it was sooooo good. 2. We kept Jackson out last night for the fireworks. He did great last year and he loved them again. 3. We kept Jackson up late on July 3rd for a parade that started at 7 PM. We go to this parade every year with Jackson's Godfather and his family. DH is the Godfather of their daughter. 4. We kept Jackson up last Saturday because our town does a "Fun Before the 4th" event. My SIL always has my niece's birthday party that day and we walk from their house to see the fireworks. Jackson did great and loved them. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I ate my dinner last night off of a Tommee Tippee divided plate.

imageimageimage
  • I bought DD two pairs of shoes on Wednesday, and the total was $90. I don't think it's a waste of money because she needs good shoes for walking, just like I do.

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• DH took the day off work and volunteered to do today's errands for me during nap time. How lucky am I? I had a bunch of things that needed dropped off around town, my car needs inspected, and one of our dogs needs to stop by the vet to give a urine sample. He was going to the vet first, and that was hours ago. I haven't seen him since. I think he's taking our dog with him on all the errands, which means he's leaving her in the car, and that's illegal. I told him he had to bring her home. He probably thinks it's fine because everything but the car inspection is just a quick run in and drop some papers off at a front desk kind of thing, but still.... It's 98 degrees today! I always bring her home first. Yes, it's a huge hassle because the vet is far away, but I manage it all the time. Ugh! I don't want to nitpick him, especially when he was sweet to volunteer to help out, but he knows how much I judge people who leave their dog in the car, even for a minute.

image image
  • Another UO that I think I've said before, but it's come up again.  I really don't get it when people go through these whole gender reveal parties, put up ultrasound pics on facebook, and then refuse to tell what the baby's name is.  It's one thing if the parents haven't decided on a name, but I don't understand the secrecy.  Is it really just to avoid monogrammed gifts?  We have some friends that are doing this and the MIL is all excited that the baby is going to be named after someone on her side of the family.... except the parents haven't said that this is true, they just won't give the name.  I have a feeling that the MIL is going to be super annoyed once baby boy is born in the next hour or so.
    Lilypie - (Q6LH)

Lilypie - (XhH1)
  • image klutzygrl26:
    Another UO that I think I've said before, but it's come up again. nbsp;I really don't get it when people go through these whole gender reveal parties, put up ultrasound pics on facebook, and then refuse to tell what the baby's name is. nbsp;It's one thing if the parents haven't decided on a name, but I don't understand the secrecy. nbsp;Is it really just to avoid monogrammed gifts? nbsp;We have some friends that are doing this and the MIL is all excited that the baby is going to be named after someone on her side of the family.... except the parents haven't said that this is true, they just won't give the name. nbsp;I have a feeling that the MIL is going to be super annoyed once baby boy is born in the next hour or so.

If I ever have another, and we're not team green, we'll share the sex and not the name. Nothing to do with monogrammed gifts, I like most of them. It's actually that I don't want to hear anyone's opinion on the name we've decided to give our child. I mean, we put a lot of thought and time into that name, it's what's in our hearts for our child... Those opinions aren't necessary.

Like Aria. My mom was not a fan of it at all. Kept giving me suggestions until I finally got so fed up [after she and my sister suggested "Beasley" ugh!!] that I had to yell at them and tell them not to suggest even one more name ever again. It was so stressful and unnecessary. It's one of the first major choices you make as a parent, and to have it criticized by people who have zero business in it sucks. Now, Mom loves Aria's name, because it's attached to her beautiful little granddaughter. It's much harder to criticize a name, IMO, when it belongs to the sweet little baby that's in your arms.

Disclaimer: I'm a complete hypocrite when the baby name is terrible. North West? Come on now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • I'm so sick of the naked baby and potty chair pictures on FB. Just stop.

Also, the board is dying because we don't need it the same way we did a year ago. Sad, but true!
    http://cdn.cl9.vanillaforums.com/thebump.vanillaforums.com/FileUpload/ee/7b9015b2e251747ead3dffb5e99bd4.pngImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

• image lancyjo:
    image klutzygrl26:
    Another UO that I think I've said before, but it's come up again. nbsp;I really don't get it when people go through these whole gender reveal parties, put up ultrasound pics on facebook, and then refuse to tell what the baby's name is. nbsp;It's one thing if the parents haven't decided on a name, but I don't understand the secrecy. nbsp;Is it really just to avoid monogrammed gifts? nbsp;We have some friends that are doing this and the MIL is all excited that the baby is going to be named after someone on her side of the family.... except the parents haven't said that this is true, they just won't give the name. nbsp;I have a feeling that the MIL is going to be super annoyed once baby boy is born in the next hour or so.
    If I ever have another, and we're not team green, we'll share the sex and not the name. Nothing to do with monogrammed gifts, I like most of them. It's actually that I don't want to hear anyone's opinion on the name we've decided to give our child. I mean, we put a lot of thought and time into that name, it's what's in our hearts for our child... Those opinions aren't necessary. Like Aria. My mom was not a fan of it at all. Kept giving me suggestions until I finally got so fed up [after she and my sister suggested "Beasley" ugh!!] that I had to yell at them and tell them not to suggest even one more name ever again. It was so stressful and unnecessary. It's one of the first major choices you make as a parent, and to have it criticized by people who have zero business in it sucks. Now, Mom loves Aria's name, because it's attached to her beautiful little granddaughter. It's much harder to criticize a name, IMO, when it belongs to the sweet little baby that's in your arms. Disclaimer: I'm a complete hypocrite when the baby name is terrible. North West? Come on now.

It drives me crazy when people have the name picked but won't share. I hear the reasons but I don't agree with them. If you are 100% sure that is the name you are going to give your child no matter what, I see no reason not to share. For example, my MIL was going to loathe the name we picked if we revealed it before or after DD's birth, would have made no difference. I was in a better emotional state to deal with her crap about it before Addy was born versus after. We shared her name with the world the day we found out the sex. It is really special and important to me that my baby be called by her name before she is born. She's a very much an individual, not just "the baby" to me. No, I didn't get offended whe people referred to her as "the baby" while I was pregnant, I just really loved it if/when people would call her by her name. 

• image NatesLady1309:

image lancyjo:
    image klutzygrl26:
    If I ever have another, and we're not team green, we'll share the sex and not the name. Nothing to do with monogrammed gifts, I like most of them. It's actually that I don't want to hear anyone's opinion on the name we've decided to give our child. I mean, we put a lot of thought and time into that name, it's what's in our hearts for our child... Those opinions aren't necessary. Like Aria. My mom was not a fan of it at all. Kept giving me suggestions until I finally got so fed up [after she and my sister suggested "Beasley" ugh!!] that I had to yell at them and tell them not to suggest even one more name ever again. It was so stressful and unnecessary. It's one of the first major choices you make as a parent, and to have it criticized by people who have zero business in it sucks. Now, Mom loves Aria's name, because it's attached to her beautiful little granddaughter. It's much harder to criticize a name, IMO, when it belongs to the sweet little baby that's in your arms. Disclaimer: I'm a complete hypocrite when the baby name is terrible. North West? Come on now.

It drives me crazy when people have the name picked but won't share. I hear the reasons but I don't agree with them. If you are 100% sure that is the name you are going to give your child no matter what, I see no reason not to share. For example, my MIL was going to loathe the name we picked if we revealed it before or after DD's birth, would have made no difference. I was in a better emotional state to deal with her crap about it before Addy was born versus after. We shared her name with the world the day we found out the sex. It is really special and important to me that my baby be called by her name before she is born. She's a very much an individual, not just "the baby" to me. No, I didn't get offended whe people referred to her as "the baby" while I was pregnant, I just really loved it if/when people would call her by her name. 

We know we're having another girl, we told everyone, we have a name picked out, ANNNNNND WE'RE NOT TELLING. ha ha ha ha ha ha. In all seriousness though, I am excited to say meet our baby so and so, I think it'll make it so much more special for us. We didn't do it with Emma, but that's mostly because we didn't think we would get any annoying comments about her name. We have a feeling people will make comments about the name we have chosen and between my hormones and constant fatigue, I have no patience for it. I don't want to drop kick an IL in the face when I am 9 months pregnant.

I also like having one thing between H and I that is special with the baby. Everyone knows it's a girl, but no one knows her name. Only us. It's pretty sweet. 

imageimage

Amelia has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. She has had 3 open heart surgeries, 1 g-tube surgery, and one tracheostomy. She is the strongest, most precious little fighter. 
  • image EmmaBoBemma:
    image NatesLady1309:

image lancyjo:
    image klutzygrl26:

We know we're having another girl, we told everyone, we have a name picked out, ANNNNNND WE'RE NOT TELLING. ha ha ha ha ha ha. In all seriousness though, I am excited to say meet our baby so and so, I think it'll make it so much more special for us. We didn't do it with Emma, but that's mostly because we didn't think we would get any annoying comments about her name. We have a feeling people will make comments about the name we have chosen and between my hormones and constant fatigue, I have no patience for it. I don't want to drop kick an IL in the face when I am 9 months pregnant.

I also like having one thing between H and I that is special with the baby. Everyone knows it's a girl, but no one knows her name. Only us. It's pretty sweet. 

I am behind on this, but just wanted to comment.  It drives me nuts when people choose a name, tell people they chose a name, and then won't share the name.  If you want to keep the name to yourself, just say that you will make your final decision when baby is born, and then keep it to yourself.  But telling people that you've picked but you're not telling seems pretty middle school to me.   

BFP 4.17.13   EDD 12.29.13  Miscarriage discovered at 8w3d

BFP 10.7.13  EDD 6.20.14

imageimage

• I agree with keeping it private.. we had picked DD's name and knew it and told ppl we had it picked out, but didn't want to share.  It was a fun little secret for DH and I to have.  It's kind of like when you get married and EVERYONE knows you have a wedding dress picked out, but you don't show a picture of you in the dress to everyone before the wedding.

• image MollySm:
    image EmmaBoBemma:
    image NatesLady1309:

image lancyjo:
    image klutzygrl26:

I am behind on this, but just wanted to comment.  It drives me nuts when people choose a name, tell people they chose a name, and then won't share the name.  If you want to keep the name to yourself, just say that you will make your final decision when baby is born, and then keep it to yourself.  But telling people that you've picked but you're not telling seems pretty middle school to me.   

But why lie? It's nice having something to ourselves that know else knows. I think it builds the anticipation as well. We have a name, and we'll share it when she is here. Also, I don't want to hear the comments/opinions they have on our name. 

imageimage

• image EmmaBoBemma:

But why lie? It's nice having something to ourselves that know else knows. I think it builds the anticipation as well. We have a name, and we'll share it when she is here. Also, I don't want to hear the comments/opinions they have on our name. 

I'm sure it's just a personal thing, but to me it makes it feel very "I have a secret, and I'm not telling you" (insert singsongy voice).  Which makes me think of middle school.  I also think it makes people feel excluded, and while I love that I have my small family, and we have tons of things that just we do/know together, I would never want anyone who loves us to feel excluded.  I think the white lie is a way to have your family things together, without making others feel excluded.   It's a way to have it be nice for you, without being hurtful to others.  

BFP 10.7.13  EDD 6.20.14

imageimage

• image MollySm:
    image EmmaBoBemma:

I'm sure it's just a personal thing, but to me it makes it feel very "I have a secret, and I'm not telling you" (insert singsongy voice).  Which makes me think of middle school.  I also think it makes people feel excluded, and while I love that I have my small family, and we have tons of things that just we do/know together, I would never want anyone who loves us to feel excluded.  I think the white lie is a way to have your family things together, without making others feel excluded.   It's a way to have it be nice for you, without being hurtful to others.  

I guess I just don't think it's hurtful..ya know, since they'll find out the name eventually. 

imageimage

• image EmmaBoBemma:
    image MollySm:
    image EmmaBoBemma:

I guess I just don't think it's hurtful..ya know, since they'll find out the name eventually. 

Yeah, but telling people you know something they don't know, and you're not telling just feels excluding and hurtful to me.  Why do you have to say it, if you aren't going to share?  It just seems unnecessary.   

BFP 10.7.13  EDD 6.20.14

imageimage

• image MollySm:
    image EmmaBoBemma:
    image MollySm:
    image EmmaBoBemma:

Yeah, but telling people you know something they don't know, and you're not telling just feels excluding and hurtful to me.  Why do you have to say it, if you aren't going to share?  It just seems unnecessary.   

It's not like I am walking around advertising that we have a name picked out but won't share. People ask and I tell them. We have a name, but we're keeping it to ourselves until she gets here. I don't think it is anyone else's business anyways. It's not their right to know the name before she gets here just because we know it.  

imageimage

• image MollySm:
    image EmmaBoBemma:
    image MollySm:
    image EmmaBoBemma:

I think the reason I don't like it is because in the couples I've known who have kept the name as a secret, they haven't done a great job doing it.  One of the girls that I worked with wanted to keep her baby's name a secret.  That's fine, I didn't think anything about it.  Until... it ended up half the people in the program knew the baby's name, and half of us didn't.  For crying out loud, we're professionals, in our early thirties and we definitely reverted to middle school behavior.  It was incredibly stupid.  She later said the real reason why she didn't tell people is because she didn't want anything monogrammed.

The couple I was originally referring to had their baby yesterday, and as I suspected, they didn't name the baby after anyone.  Which again, is totally fine... except that they basically been alluding to the fact that the baby would be namd after a family member.  For example, when MIL would ask, are you going to name the baby after" ______" (FIL) they would literally respond in a sing-song voice, I don't know, we're not telling... Leading MIL to believe they were naming the baby after her husband.  The baby's name is cute, but now people are kinda acting disappointed.  All the parents needed to say was something like,  "We have so many special people in our lives that we couldn't pick just one person to honor, so the baby will have his own special name which we will announce after his birth." 

Lilypie - (Q6LH)

Lilypie - (XhH1)
  • image EmmaBoBemma:

It's not like I am walking around advertising that we have a name picked out but won't share. People ask and I tell them. We have a name, but we're keeping it to ourselves until she gets here. I don't think it is anyone else's business anyways. It's not their right to know the name before she gets here just because we know it.  

It doesn't have anything to do with people having a right to know the name.  It's a baby!  They are just excited for you.  I totally get wanting to keep it to yourself.  I just don't love the way it's done in some cases.   That being said, it's just a thing that annoys me, I don't think it's a huge deal.  To each their own :)  

BFP 10.7.13  EDD 6.20.14

imageimage