High-Risk Pregnancy

Disability

Hello, So ive been out of work for about 3wks my boss told me i should apply for pregnancies disability. She said all i had to do was download the application and give it to my dr. I dont mean to sound ignorate but I have no idea where to even start looking for the application. 

My question is, who ever is collecting disability for pregnancy can you please tell me how i can apply....

thanks 

Re: Disability

• I would think you could go to your human resources and they could help you get the correct papers? Not sure if that falls under FMLA, when I had my loss and was off for two weeks I used that. I found all the papers I needed through human resources online, which I filled out and turned that into my dr. then picked it up and turned that into my manager and they dealt with sending it to the correct place. Hope that helps a little.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• thanks i am going to have to check the human resources online. i work for a small private practice who are completely clueless to how things are done when it comes to disability papers... thanks
  • Loading the player...
  • It varies by state.  I agree with PP - check with HR.  Your boss might not know what (s)he's talking about either...
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I work for a very large company and was in the hospital when I was put on disability, so it may be different, but HR gave me the phone number for the disability insurance company, I called them, they took some information including my Dr 's telephone and fax, they faxed the forms to the Dr's office, Dr filled them out and faxed back.  I didnt have to do anything else. I did call Dr's office to let them know to expect the forms.

In your case it sounds like you need someone to give you the web or intranet address for the forms. GL!  

It might vary by company but I was told I was eligible for up to 12 weeks of disability at 100% and another 8? weeks at 60%. Post partum disability is part of  this. So for me I will only get 60% for most of my maternity leave bc I was/am on bedrest for almost 12 weeks.

Blocked tubes due to ruptured appendix
    IVF#1 Ectopic - tube removed; FET#1 CP; IVF#2 BFP!
    Beta#1 13dpo 115; Beta#2 15dpo 248; Beta #3 20dpo 2215 U/S#1 6w1d HR 99; U/S#2 8w HR 165; U/S#3 10w HR 176 and moving all around!
    Bedrest at 28 weeks due to preterm labor; released to modified bedrest at 34 weeks; released to full activity at 37 weeks
    BabyNantucket born at 37 weeks 4 days 7lbs8oz 19in

Success is getting up just one more time than you fall down.

• If I wanted to have disability insurance I had to get it from Aflac, my work didn't offer their own.  And then I had to wait a year to get pregnant in order to qualify for it.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • image618mom22boys:
    If I wanted to have disability insurance I had to get it from Aflac, my work didn't offer their own.  And then I had to wait a year to get pregnant in order to qualify for it.  

While my employer provided short term disability I too would have to wait a year to use it. I have never heard of a pregnancy disability. I had to take FMLA early. When that's up I have to apply for an extension. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagestaceymack:
    image618mom22boys:
    If I wanted to have disability insurance I had to get it from Aflac, my work didn't offer their own.  And then I had to wait a year to get pregnant in order to qualify for it.  

While my employer provided short term disability I too would have to wait a year to use it. I have never heard of a pregnancy disability. I had to take FMLA early. When that's up I have to apply for an extension. 

Me too.  My bed rest was partially paid at 100% until I ran out of saved up vacation/sick time.  Mat leave will be entirely unpaid. 

Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"