May 2013 Moms

OK ladies, I need carrier help

My LO is almost 16 weeks old (preemie - 7 weeks early).  He's just starting to hold his head up, but can't do it completely.  I have a Baby Bjorn (hand me down from my SIL).  We tried putting him in it this weekend, but it was too big, and his face was in my boobs that whole time.  I really want a carrier, but I want one that will work with a smaller baby while he's still learning to control his head.  Suggestions?
Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTA until 2014

Re: OK ladies, I need carrier help

• I have a Beco Gemini and like it. There's a flap on it that folds up to support the head. But the baby is right up against your chest in it, so that does mean a face full of boobs for LO. Or in my smallchested case, mostly sternum.
    Baby girl born 5/20/13. Figuring it out as we go. :)
  • I love my ring sling! Will be using it until baby boy has really good head control, then probably switch to my ergo
  • Loading the player...
  • I have an infantino mei tai that I liked when LO was tiny. She was 5lbs 12oz at birth. You can basically curl them up on your chest and the panel cradles them against you, I don't know if this would work for your baby but the one I have goes up to 30lbs and can be used in several different positions. I will say that we are at a point where I can't really use it now, because she's so big that her feet get scrunched up and uncomfortable in the bottom now, and she's not ready to be carried in a different position yet, but it should be useful again soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've had good luck with the Moby.
    She is here! 5-29-13

• imageAllieAGame:
    I've had good luck with the Moby.

I like my moby wrap too. It was awesome when my LO couldn't hold her own head.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MrsRKJMrsRKJ member
    Thank you!  I'm going to go check out some of your suggestions!  :)

TTA until 2014

• imageAllieAGame:
    I've had good luck with the Moby.

I've used my moby with my preemie since she was 5 pounds. Sometimes she slips if I don't get it tied tight enough but overall I like it.
  • I've got a Moby for now and an Ergo for later.  You can get an infant insert for the Ergo but it looks like it would be really hot for the summer.
    My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

photo beachwave_zps17d3b89a.jpg
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

• imageShantxtell:
    imagerebaann:
    I've got a Moby for now and an Ergo for later.nbsp; You can get an infant insert for the Ergo but it looks like it would be really hot for the summer.

The infant insert is really hot for both. I just ordered a Moby after we were both sweating with the Ergo.

Agreed on the infant insert for the ergo being too hot. I love my k'tan but it is so stretchy! Get a size smaller or the baby sags a ton. Just got the baby hawk Mei tai wrap yesterday and LOVE it. Of the 7 wraps I have, I like it the most, distributes weight well, keeps baby's legs and hips in correct position, not too hot, etc.

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

• To keep his face out of your boobs so he can breathe try bringing his arms up so that they rest over your boobs and his head rests on his arms. It's the only way I can get away with using the Ergo when my preemies were little. Now they hold their heads just fine but still prefer to ride along with their heads resting on their arms. HTH for now!
    TTC since 3/4/2010
    Me: PCOS, DH: normal
    Started seeing RE 11/10/2011
    8/31/2012 = BFP!!
    First Ultrasound... TRIPLETS! EDD 5/11/13
    Baby w/ no HB @ 10w4d - We love you angel baby.
    Baby A & B doing great. A/S 12/10/12 - Healthy BOYS!
    Sawyer & Silas born at 33+6 on 3/29/13
    imageimage
    imageView Raw Image" height="250" width="375">

image"Lilypie">image

• MrsRKJMrsRKJ member

imageRachel Goldstein:
    To keep his face out of your boobs so he can breathe try bringing his arms up so that they rest over your boobs and his head rests on his arms. It's the only way I can get away with using the Ergo when my preemies were little. Now they hold their heads just fine but still prefer to ride along with their heads resting on their arms. HTH for now!

Great idea!  Thanks! 

TTA until 2014

• I second a stretchy wrap like the moby or the K'tan.  I have huge boobies and I think my LO likes to rest his head on them.  Now that he looks around a lot, but his neck gets tired, I have taken a diaper insert (or you can use a burp rag) and rolled it so his head rests on it and it keeps it upright.  I should state that I've only specifically used that whilt LO is in the baby bjorn.  But honestly I have found that he likes other carriers more than this one and I have other carriers that are comfortable for both of us.  The mei tei and ring sling are great. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 5/18/12. MMC @ 8 weeks. Measuring 6w5d. MC naturally 6/29/12. Forever loved.

2013-07-17 at 07.15.09
  • I LOVE my k'tan. Best money I've spent! 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used a Moby with my DDs, but for this baby being so little in the summer, I bought a K'tan Breeze, and like it so much better than the Moby.  It's easier to use. 
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"