September 2012 Moms

Is it confessions Wednesday?

Re: Is it confessions Wednesday?

• Do it. Do it now.

I have no confessions. I'm tired. My eyes hurt.
  • KisstyKissty
    250 Answers 250 Love Its 500 Comments Second Anniversary
    I confess, I have no confessions.Angel

imageimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I don't really have anything either. I'm not feeling well today at all so I took a bath with my kid? I put him in his bath seat, climbed in and relaxed for 20 minutes while he played with turtle toys.
  • I confess I wear my gym clothes more than once before washing...and probably more than is really acceptable. Ew. Gross I know.

View Raw Image'>

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Damnit. I am unprepared for these to be done early this week.
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • image icedcoffeeluv:
    I confess I wear my gym clothes more than once before washing...and probably more than is really acceptable. Ew. Gross I know.

I don't own gym clothes or do physical activity, so I can't talk about that - but I certainly wear everything I own more than is probably acceptable before washing.

"Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • Yesterday DH told someone that his boss, the VP of the company, was an assshole. Last night DH got a text from his boss saying they needed to have a talk today. I hope DH gets his butt chewed out. Last night he was acting like it was no big deal to say that. Idiot. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't change the kids sheets weekly. It's too painful to change the top bunk.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image icedcoffeeluv:
    I confess I wear my gym clothes more than once before washing...and probably more than is really acceptable. Ew. Gross I know.

IMHO: as long as you wear clean socks its all good. If you are wearing dirty socks I think it's super gross. 

TTC since September 2009

9 months with a RE, surprise BFP on a break cycle Jan 2012

Baby girl born September 13,2012 at 41 weeks

PAIF/SAIF welcome

• image AKB090609:

image icedcoffeeluv:

IMHO: as long as you wear clean socks its all good. If you are wearing dirty socks I think it's super gross. 

Always clean socks and undies...

View Raw Image'>

• image mrsbhk22:
    I don't change the kids sheets weekly. It's too painful to change the top bunk.

Weekly? HA! I won't even tell you how often we change sheets.

If you can't tell I hate laundry.

I promise I am not as dirty as I am making it sound.

View Raw Image'>

• image icedcoffeeluv:

image mrsbhk22:
    I don't change the kids sheets weekly. It's too painful to change the top bunk.

Weekly? HA! I won't even tell you how often we change sheets.

If you can't tell I hate laundry.

I promise I am not as dirty as I am making it sound.

I'm so glad I'm not alone here, and I know that if I was honest about this all, I'd sound super dirty. I'm not.

"Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • image LoveLossHopeRepeat:

I currently own one bra. Just one.

I flucking hate bra shopping. 

I have two. I also hate bra shopping.

On the weekends I wear my sports bras because I like them better. I also dress in my gym clothes (clean ones not the dirty ones I wear during the week haha) and pretend that I am planning on working out when really I know I am only going to end up running errands.

I just have no clothes that I like that fit me and are comfortable for chasing babies around.

View Raw Image'>

I've been rotating between 3 nursing bras since November-ish. 

"Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
    I currently own one bra. Just one.I flucking hate bra shopping.nbsp;

Same here. I refuse to buy any until I am done nursing.
                  image     image
  • KTC926KTC926
    250 Answers 100 Comments 100 Love Its Name Dropper
    image LoveLossHopeRepeat:
    I currently own one bra. Just one.I flucking hate bra shopping.nbsp;

Me too! X2
    Oh and it's black so I can't wear anything light colored

Charleigh Grace 09.26.12

I just caved and bought a few new nursing bras bc if I kept wearing the same ones for the next few months, my boobs will sag to my waist. I hate bra shopping too.

• I have been a complete waste of space this entire week so far at work. I've checked a few minor things off my to-do list, but I have little ambition to start any new projects bc 1) it's a holiday week and very quiet here (and my boss is off) and 2) I'm off all next week and already checked into vacation mode.

I bought sparkly ballet flats this past weekend, mostly because I wanted them, but partly to shove it in the face of a friend who told me I was too old for sparkly shoes. Wanna bet? 

Re: bras - I buy mine at Lane Bryant, since they carry larger sizes. They've had a buy 2, get 2 sale going on that I should absolutely be taking advantage of, so I have no excuse!  

Sparkly shoes are awesome.

I have sparkly american eagle converse type sneakers. I look and feel 15 when I wear them.

View Raw Image'>

• image MiraskTastic:

I bought sparkly ballet flats this past weekend, mostly because I wanted them, but partly to shove it in the face of a friend who told me I was too old for sparkly shoes. Wanna bet? 

Re: bras - I buy mine at Lane Bryant, since they carry larger sizes. They've had a buy 2, get 2 sale going on that I should absolutely be taking advantage of, so I have no excuse!  

I saw those on FB and was going to ask where you got them. I love them.  

I totally thought you saw her bras on FB and I was wondering what was going on here.  Sigh.  No one should have to work today.  There are 9 cars in my parking lot.  Boo.

Also, LLHR, GO BUY SOME BRAS!  I love LB bras.  I love bras period.  I'm not ashamed to say I have around 20 of them.  I think I have 33 pairs of underwear too.  But that includes all kinds.  Sexy ones, everyday ones, and OMG I didn't do laundry ones.

And I don't know that I've changed Nancy's sheet in months.  She's never had an accident, she's not throwing up on it, why bother?  I change our sheets at least once a week.  I love clean sheets.  I also think I have 7 sets of sheets.  I'm apparently a hoarder of bras, underwear and sheets...

I know it's not Wednesday anymore, but I have to share this pic that we're using for Christmas cards.  I just love how she looks so innocent here. :-)

Nancy James 9.1.12

• KTC926KTC926
    250 Answers 100 Comments 100 Love Its Name Dropper
    my husband and I have such reversed roles.he enjoys cooking and gardening but you will find me on the couch with a beer watching sports.

Charleigh Grace 09.26.12

• I have two:

I only own one pair of jeans that fit and I took Ethan to a Red Sox game last night and kept him out until 8:30 at night. Oh, the horror!

Pregnancy Ticker

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [LO Due 10.17.14]

• Since we're talking about "gross stuff"

I've been rotating through 2 nursing bras since DS was born. I'm not buying more until I wean and my boobs shrink. Once this happens, I have around 10 to rotate through.

I only change our sheets once a week because there are three people and a cat on our bed at night. I change DS's sheets MAYBE once a month.

I re-wear everything except socks and underwear before washing.

I have been really slacking with cleaning the floors lately. I only know this because every night DS will have black knees and feet tops from crawling around all day. Totally gross, I know. 

• I only have two bras that I wear on a regular basis. I've been wearing a nursing bra around even though I stopped nursing DS. Its the only nude colored bra I have and I hate spending money on bras.

We leave for the beach on Saturday and I can't decide if I am excited or dreading it. I get the feeling I'm going to spend the majority of my time chasing my children around while DH is kayaking. I'm already pissed at him about it and we aren't even there yet.

• image PepperStick:
    Since we're talking about "gross stuff"I've been rotating through 2 nursing bras since DS was born.

Add me to this list. I wear nursing tanks if we're just at home, but otherwise I only have 2 nursing bras.
  • LuvSDLuvSD
    250 Answers 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 100 Love Its

image KTC926:
    my husband and I have such reversed roles.he enjoys cooking and gardening but you will find me on the couch with a beer watching sports.

This is exactly my DH and I except instead of sports its bad reality tv.

imageimageimage

• I only have one pair of jean pants that fit now.  I just bought them, for $3!

I promised V her new table would be put together this morning.  So DH had to stay up late to finish it, because of my promise.  I didn't think about it before I said she could eat her breakfast at the new table in the morning.  DH is blaming me for him being tired today.  I did help DH put it together, but really I felt I didn't do as much, I screwed one screw in by the time he had 3 screwed in.  So I feel I only did 25% of the work.

Also we cracked screw jokes the whole time.  "We're gonna screw all night long"! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls, It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola, La-la-la-la Lola

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

V born Aug. '07 | M born Sep. '12

Bunkin Mama Signature

Last night was the first time in a long time that I wondered whether my marriage would last. It's not like something huge happened, but I was reminded of some differences we have and I really wondered if we'll be able to stay happy together.

:(

I'm sorry.

View Raw Image'>

image MarisaKathleen:
    image MiraskTastic:

In my size, the bras are not sexy, which is part of the problem. It's not fun. I did just check out the site and found four, which will cost me about $75 total. I'll hit the store ASAP, 'cause I really can't warrant NOT hitting the sale. That would just be stupid of me.

ETA: And also, I love linens. When I had more disposable income, I had a wide variety of sheets and towels. We're more limited now, but one day, I'll join you in your hoarding. 

Yea, I can certainly find a lot of bras..I wear a C, so it's pretty common.  I hope you have good luck!  A few weeks ago I bought this since I realized I didn't have a smooth white bra: http://www.lanebryant.com/catalog/search.cmd?form_state=searchForm&keyword=Smooth+boost+demi+bra and it's the most comfy bra ever.  Not to mention it gives an awesome lift. :-)

I know it's not Wednesday anymore, but I have to share this pic that we're using for Christmas cards.  I just love how she looks so innocent here. :-)

Nancy James 9.1.12

• LuvSDLuvSD
    250 Answers 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 100 Love Its

image Afunky6:
    In line with LLHR's confession, sometimes I feel like we wouldn't have gotten together had certain things not happened in our lives. DH is very straight edge, doesn't drink, smoke, is a general good guy. I, however am not, and it makes me feel almost like I'll never be good enough to deserve someone like him.

Don't be so hard on yourself. I don't think drinking/smoking makes someone a bad person. 

imageimageimage