Trying to Get Pregnant

Random GTKY- a twofer

A realization hit me this morning: I really need to buy clothes. I keep putting it off because I think "why buy clothes when I'm going to get pregnant" and I keep not getting PG. while 8 months may not be that long for TTGP, it hits a girl's wardrobe hard. There are only so many months you can wear a cute but wool poncho! 

Later, as I (for the umpteenth time) plugged in my last cd1 into baby center due date estimator I thought about the reasons why the month of conception from a successful cycle this month is better than the last. As in, well, march would be better because if my due date was February that would be the same month as me, DH and dd, so yeah, march is totally better. Different rationale same methodology last month and month before. 

Both things I can totally laugh about, though I realize not everyone can.GTKY part: what are the silly (or not so silly) things that you do / don't do that sometimes reinforce TTGP situation?  

Re: Random GTKY- a twofer

• I do the month thing too. I can always rationalize why this month would be better than last month to get ktfu. For example- if I got pregnant this cycle I could maybe hit my mom or dad's birthday, which they would love, plus it's out anniversary and that would be awesome. Next month I'll think an April due date would be the bomb.

I can also rationalize eating cookies, since I'm going to lose my figure pretty soon anyway, so might as well have a cookie! 

image  image

• I do the month thing. Right now I think, "well if we got pregnant this cycle we'd be due around April Fool's Day that could be cool." "If it happened next month it would be close to May Day, that would also be cool." Etc, etc, etc.
    October TTGP Siggy Challenge: Favorite Villain - Yzma (Emperor's New Groove)
    image.
    Married: 7/30/2011 - TTC #1 since June 2013 - Met with RE 6/24/14
    Me: Initial ultrasound: normal. CD 3 bloodwork: normal. HSG: Normal.
    DH: SA = Average motility, Good count.
    DX: Unexplained, possible Endo.
    September 2014 - Cycle 15: Letrozole with TI = BFN
    October 2014 - Cycle 16: Letrozole + Trigger + IUI = ???
    TTGP 2013 Award: Most Supportive
    TTGP 2014 Award: Cutest Pets
    I used to be a mod or something
    image. ..
    Everyone Welcome
    New to TTGP? Read this

• Ha, I do the same exact thing with buying clothes.  I desperately need summer shorts and capris, yet I went shopping yesterday and came home with two more pairs of stretchy black yoga pants (because I can wear them for most of the nine months when I finally do get pregnant!).  Also, I finally joined the gym yesterday. After TTC for 13 months, I figured it was about time to sign up and go.  I kept telling myself it would be a waste of money since I'd have to slow down my workouts once I get KU; don't want to just throw money down the toilet do I???<--I also put off doing Weight Watchers until this past February for the same reason.

Oh man! 

Married since April 2011-Homeowners since January 2012-TTC since June 2012
    Welcomed DS June 2014

• I have been avoiding buying clothes also. Not only that but I've got a bin of "too big clothes" I've been saving from when I was 20lbs heavier and now they're getting outdated.

My wardrobe is trapped in the past until I get into a third trimester... 

image  image
    June '14 Siggy Challenge: Cute Baby Animals.
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
    image  image

• image BurritosAtEveryMeal:

Ha, I do the same exact thing with buying clothes.  I desperately need summer shorts and capris, yet I went shopping yesterday and came home with two more pairs of stretchy black yoga pants (because I can wear them for most of the nine months when I finally do get pregnant!).  Also, I finally joined the gym yesterday. After TTC for 13 months, I figured it was about time to sign up and go.  I kept telling myself it would be a waste of money since I'd have to slow down my workouts once I get KU; don't want to just throw money down the toilet do I???<--I also put off doing Weight Watchers until this past February for the same reason.

Oh man! 

ha! I majorly slacked on working out for a while and then two months ago said that I owe it to my emotional and physical self to get it in gear. Channeling my TTGP energies (extra) into running.  

• image Valie18:

I have been avoiding buying clothes also. Not only that but I've got a bin of "too big clothes" I've been saving from when I was 20lbs heavier and now they're getting outdated.

My wardrobe is trapped in the past until I get into a third trimester... 

Oh this! I have a bag of clothes that are too big for me that I was going to give to goodwill but then I think I could wear them when I get KU... so I just have this trashbag full of clothes in my closet taking up space.

ME:29 DH:38
    Together since February 2004, Married since September 2007,  TTC since May 2013. BFP 10/18/13 
    Baby T born 6/20/14
  • I did the clothes things for a while, but then realized my wardrobe shouldn't suffer just because I might get pregnant in a few months.  Luckily I got over it fast because I didn't get pregnant when I wanted anyway.

I'm happy to know I am not the only one that did this/does this. 

** BFP #1: 12-19-13 * EDD: 8-25-14 * Stopped growing 9w3d * D&C 2-11-14 **
  • I totally do the month thing and think to myself- this fall really is for the best bc then we can announce at Christmas and have a spring baby and not have to worry about snow as we drive over an hour to the hospital...
    June 14 October Siggy Challenge~ Costume Fails

• Oh I do this!!! Was hoping last month would have been it so we would be due in Feb. hubby and I are both Feb and we had our loss this past Feb between mine and hubbies birthday.

That did not happen. Now we are on vacation, our 2 yr anniversary was yesterday I got a Positive OPK this evening. We have been having sex every other night. Maybe this could be it!!!
    If it is we would be due in March and that was my dads birthday month he passed 9 yrs ago so that would be awesome to have his month!!!

I am so glad I am not the only one that does this!!!!

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• image hampire:
    image Valie18:

I have been avoiding buying clothes also. Not only that but I've got a bin of "too big clothes" I've been saving from when I was 20lbs heavier and now they're getting outdated.

My wardrobe is trapped in the past until I get into a third trimester...&nbsp;

&nbsp;

Oh this! I have a bag of clothes that are too big for me that I was going to give to goodwill but then I think I could wear them when I get KU... so I just have this trashbag full of clothes in my closet taking up space.

&nbsp;

I have 8 bags of clothes that so not fit me anymore. I was saving them for when I lose weight. Well by then I will buy new!!! Giving them to my mIL aide she is going to send them to her family. Glad they will get use!!

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I cleared out my closet this weekend according to the 2 sizes rule: if it's 2 sizes too small, then if I lose enough weight to fit into it then by golly I deserve new stuff anyway!  I am proud of myself for having maintained weight/lost about 6 pounds over the last 2-3 months.  6 pounds isn't a lot when you're weighing in at 220, but it's better than the gaining I had been doing.

I am totally guilty of the due date thing too.  So far in 5 cycles of TTC I haven't had a cycle where I think "man, this month would suck to get pregnant!" so I keep letting myself indulge.  This month (CD1 and I'm planning already) EDD would be around our 4th anniversary.  The other thing I think about is announcing since I don't see my family that often... I'm going home for a wedding when I would be about 6 weeks and could tell them in person.  Could go FB official around Labor Day. Ugh, slap me, I'm awful!!

TTC #1 since 2/2013
    BFP 12/9/13!  Adeline Rose born 8/21/14

imageimage

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have troubles getting motivated to lose weight.  I think about how long it takes to lose even 20 pounds...about 5 months.  I think to myself, well I WILL be pregnant soon, so why even bother since I'll likely be put on strict restrictions once I am KU.  Why get into a whole routine just to stop it soon?

But of course, if I am still sitting here in 5 months, not pregnant and still fat, I'll be pretty mad at myself.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• I can definitely relate on both accounts.  I too am putting off buying new clothes, but I also am not a big fan of shopping, so there's that.

Same thing with the months - if I happen to get pregnant this cycle, that would result in a March 20th EDD, which is the 1st day of spring for 2014. Wouldn't that be nice? If not this cycle, I won't try again until it would be a June baby.  On my trip to Yellowstone, I saw tons of baby wildlife in June, so clearly that's a sign too! Oh TTC...

• I do it the month thing as well. We are also going on vacation with friends in August and I keep telling myself if we're not KU at least I can drink.

• The one reason I do the month thing (at the moment, anyway) is because our first anniversary will be in April. If this month is the month, the due date would be early April and it would be before our anniversary. That would stink because I'd either be super pregnant or just have given birth, so we wouldn't get to enjoy our anniversary. We were planning a night away at the B&B where we were married, along with a dinner at their 5-star restaurant. I can't imagine doing that with a newborn!

Of course, whenever it happens, I'll take it. I'd trade a picture perfect first anniversary for ten fingers and ten toes any day.

I have the flip-flop on the diet thing, though. I'm actively trying to lose weight so I don't have to lose so much after delivery. Instead of thinking that I'm going to lose my figure anyway, I think "that's a pound I won't have to lose later." Maybe I'm just lying to myself, but I'll take it. I've been doing good on the diet and I've lost almost 8 lbs.

imageimage
                                                                                                                             Bye, Sweetheart
    Anniversary
  • I do the month thing, too. I think I have a good reason for every month! 

I also tell myself that I have another month to save more money and pay off debt before a baby comes, and also to work on getting in better shape, so that does help and gives me something to focus on.

imageimageimage

imageimage
  • I can definitely see myself doing the month thing. My EDD with DD was September 12, which is 3 days after my birthday, so I thought that was pretty cool. (She ended up being a preemie born 11 weeks early though, so there went that.) The kid in me also loved the fact that she'd have the same Chinese astrological sign as me. Once we get around to TTC#2, I'm pretty sure I'll be looking for all kinds of things like that again.
    Me: 25, DH: 31 -- Married 4/23/2012 -- DD: 6/27/2012, DS: 4/25/2014!
    Skye Elise born at 29 weeks via CS due to preeclampsia/HELLP.
    Dorian Alexander born at 40 weeks 2 days via VBAC.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards