September 2013 Moms

TDAP vaccine

Who's gotten it? Who's going to? If not, why not? Any side effects?

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: TDAP vaccine

• Got it last summer, but getting it again tomorrow at 28 weeks as recommended by my OB to pass to baby.  Had no side effects before, just a sore arm for a few days.
  • kerip5kerip5
    100 Comments 25 Love Its
    Same here - got it fairly recently but will get again soon for baby's benefit. I vaguely recall a sore arm but nothing major. 
    married 6.17.06
    daughter born 9.27.13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • I will not be getting it. I had it a few years ago.

DH, on the other hand, will be getting it. He's never had the tdap vaccine (just the dtap series that is the childhood version).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I've got my 28 week appt tomorrow.  My doc and I hadn't previously talked about it, but if they don't offer it up, I will be asking for it.  

I've also asked DH to get his updated.  

BFP #1 26May12 - EDD 27Jan13 - DX blighted ovum 12Jul12 - M/C 2Aug12 
    BFP #2 13Jan13 - EDD 22Sep13 - DD born 20Sep2013!
  • I have had it because my job requires it, but I've read that the Cdc recommends it during pregnancy even if you've previously had it. I'll ask my OB about that tomorrow. Since we'll have preemies my husband and any family that'll be in contact with the babies will need it too. 

ETA no side effects. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • image staceymack:
    I have had it because my job requires it, but I've read that the Cdc recommends it during pregnancy even if you've previously had it. I'll ask my OB about that tomorrow. Since we'll have preemies my husband and any family that'll be in contact with the babies will need it too. 

ETA no side effects. 

Interesting. The CDC site I was just looking at says it's recommended for pregnant women if they've never had it. If you need a booster during pregnancy and have had the tdap, then you should just get the Td portion. My midwife said they (their clinic) don't give it to women that have already had it.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/td-tdap.html#which

• I had it right before I got pregnant a couple years ago per my PCP recommendation. I haven't looked into having it again at all. 
  • Just got it today. DH will probably get it sometime this week.

BFP#1: 12/26/12 EDD: 9/5/13 Evelyn born 39wks 8/29/13

TTC#2: 7/28/14 IUD removed

• Got it yesterday. So far no side effects, just a red spot where the injection was and it feels a little bruised...now where the drew my blood for my glucose test is a different story, they screwed up on each arm and now I have huge welts with bruises and it hurts to bend my elbows. 
    BFP #1 11/27/11 EDD 08/08/12 M/C 01/27/12 12 wks 2 days
    BFP #2 04/25/12 EDD 01/04/13(?) confirmed ectopic 05/16/12 6 wks 5 days 2 doses of MTX-Lost left tube on 05/25/12 Back to TTC, earlier than originally expected.
    BFP #3 01/05/13 EDD 09/17/13 u/s 1/24/13-great appt, measuring 2 days ahead, NT scan 3/11/13-great scan measuring 4 days ahead, A/S 4/29/13-another great scan can't wait to meet my baby BOY!!!!!
    My Blog

My Sweet (and Spoiled) Furbaby Cali
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PgAL/PAL Welcome

• Nw967Nw967
    10 Comments 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    I had it Friday along with my Rhogam shot and 1 hour glucose test. I had a sore arm from the shot for 3 days. I also had a low grade fever, aches, and decreased appetite and general fatigue for about 36 hours! I assume all that was from the tdap. I took some Tylenol and drank a lot of fluids!
  • I've seen posters for this at my OB office but she's never mentioned it. I'm gonna ask about it when I go in next week.

Jamie

Emily Anne b. 9/10/13

• tinab3tinab3
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 5 Love Its
    Got mine today.. my arm feels fine, although there is a mild bruise at the injection site.  My H got his a few weeks ago and moaned for a few days that his arm was sore.
  • image VitaLuna:
    image staceymack:
    I have had it because my job requires it, but I've read that the Cdc recommends it during pregnancy even if you've previously had it. I'll ask my OB about that tomorrow. Since we'll have preemies my husband and any family that'll be in contact with the babies will need it too. 

ETA no side effects. 

Interesting. The CDC site I was just looking at says it's recommended for pregnant women if they've never had it. If you need a booster during pregnancy and have had the tdap, then you should just get the Td portion. My midwife said they (their clinic) don't give it to women that have already had it.

That's actually an old recommendation...the new one is dated October (or November) 2012.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/pertussis/tdap-pregnancy-hcp.htm

Can someone make thy clicky for me...d@mn iPad isn't working right.

BFP #1 11/27/11 EDD 08/08/12 M/C 01/27/12 12 wks 2 days
    BFP #2 04/25/12 EDD 01/04/13(?) confirmed ectopic 05/16/12 6 wks 5 days 2 doses of MTX-Lost left tube on 05/25/12 Back to TTC, earlier than originally expected.
    BFP #3 01/05/13 EDD 09/17/13 u/s 1/24/13-great appt, measuring 2 days ahead, NT scan 3/11/13-great scan measuring 4 days ahead, A/S 4/29/13-another great scan can't wait to meet my baby BOY!!!!!
    My Blog

My Sweet (and Spoiled) Furbaby Cali
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PgAL/PAL Welcome

• My Tdap is up to date and I will not be repeating it during pregnancy. The vaccine has aluminum in it which is a known neurotoxin in high enough doses. The amount in the vaccine is safe for an adult but is known to be far above the toxic level for an infant. The reason for vaccinating pregnant women is that the baby might get some immunity for the vaccine. I'm simply not willing to inject a toxic level of aluminum into my body on the off chance my baby might get some immunity. Instead me and DH are up to date and are asking anyone who will be in close contact with baby for the first couple months to update their Tdap if they are due for a booster, this will greatly reduce the chances of baby being exposed to pertussis.
  • Got it last week at my 30 week appt. I got it because it's what's best for baby. No side effects besides a sore arm for a day or two.
  • I got it last Friday. My arm was a little sore for awhile, but no other side effects!
  • I will not.  I had it 2 years ago after I had DS and because it is a bundled vaccine I don't need to be loading myself up the other parts.  If I could get the pertussis vaccine alone I probably would.   All family has had theirs within the past 2 years as well.

imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • Got mine today and my arm is only slightly sore.  My OB said if it has been over a year since your last booster, it was a good idea to get it again.  We had an outbreak in my state last year so everyone around the baby is getting the booster. 
    photo 86a9bed8-fe83-44f4-8233-6822762e6347_zpsc28c6977.jpg
  • I will be getting it at my next apt at 30w, and DH will be getting his at his next annual apt by the end of summer.

Me: Total Thyroidectomy    DH: Varicocele 
    TTC#1 since 5/11 - BFP 1/13  - LO Born 9/13

• image csspencer:
    image VitaLuna:
    image staceymack:

ETA no side effects. 

That's actually an old recommendation...the new one is dated October (or November) 2012.

Can someone make thy clicky for me...d@mn iPad isn't working right.

well, i tried to make it clicky! 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I got it 3 weeks ago and had no sick side effects but I did have a sore arm from 2 days after for a whole week haha!
  • Got it on Monday. Just a really sore arm
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Got mine yesterday.  No big side effects....my arm is a little sore today, but it's just like every other shot I've gotten in my life.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Our Little Gummy Bear! Due 9/21/13

Chandler: "Oh please, you are obsessed with babies and-and marriage and everything that's related to babies and-and marriage!You have baby fever!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH actually got his before I got mine. He had a checkup, and the doc said he needed it. That was the first I had heard of it. I got mine yesterday, and have a sore arm. DH did not react well to the shot, but he rarely takes anything other than his asthma meds, and medications always seem to really get to him. He was also in the middle of switching inhaler dosages, so I suspect that contributed to his weird reaction (soreness, pain, lethargy, etc.)

I got really tired... but I am just shy of 32 weeks pregnant; I am guessing that is to be expected. The shot itself didn't hurt at all, though, which is not usually my experience with tetanus shots. A little sore today, but nothing to concern anyone.

My understanding is that it is administered in the 3rd trimester to afford the baby some protection until they can be vaccinated. Whooping Cough is on the rise in our area, and can be a real problem. In our case, it was best for the baby.

Best of luck!