May 2013 Moms

DH Schedule WWYD?

So Dh's job has never been 95. He usually works nights and the exact hours vary. I have always hated it because I hate being alone at night. However, a month ago he switched to a shift that is from 12:30 pm to 9 pm with him leaving at 11:30 to 10:00. Basically, he is gone all day. I love having him home at night but it sucks not having a break until 10:00pm. He has the opportunity to switch back to over nights or stay on this schedule. I am leaning towards nights because at least I would have some help during the day. Would you rather your dh home at night but gone most of the day or vice versa?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: DH Schedule WWYD?

• MH works 12pm to 9pm every other week. I prefer it to overnight because when he works overnight we have to be quiet for him to sleep. How early does your husband get up? Mine gets up at 7am so it gives me a chance to run errands or go to the gym while he watches the kiddies. The only bad part of our day is my DD's bedtime because it usually means the baby is screaming for 20 to 30 min while I bathe her and put her to bed.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    TTC#2 - 
    Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo

TTC # 3 June 2014
  • MH works nights and I hate it :I did like it while I was pregnant because I got the bed to myself: I would rather have him at home at night so we could do dinner together and what not. with the two schedules you mentioned, I'd rather have him work overnight instead of not getting home until 10pm, this way you can get a little break before you go to bed.

• I work overnight and I think it's better. You're more likely to need help in the daytime, so nights are best.

Ladybug 5/23/13

• My DH's schedule is normally leaving the house at 7 am and getting home about 6:30ish. DD's bedtime is 8pm, so I really only have help for 2 hours max. Like PP have said, if he worked nights, he'd still need to sleep for 6 to 8 hours during the day, and it's not like he wouldn't want a little free time, so I wouldn't be gaining too much of his time.

Katherine Marie born 11/12/10 via c-section 5lbs 1oz

Dx with MTHFR Mutation 12/10

8/23/12 - BFP EDD 5/3/13
    Andrew Ryan is on his way

• My H works 1:00 to 9:00, so gone from 12:30 p.m. until 9:30 p.m.  It works out great for us.  He does all the overnight, so I sleep from midnight to 7:00.  He sleeps a four hour chunk over night, then goes back to bed for another four hours when I get up. 

When I go back to work, he'll do daycare drop off in the morning, the go to the gym and work.  I'll go to work earlier than I used to, so I can leave earlier and do pick up.  This will minimize the amount of time she has be to in day care.

My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

photo beachwave_zps17d3b89a.jpg
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

• I think his getting up time is what is causing issues. He usually wakes up anywhere from 9am to 10am and by the time he gets going, walks the dog, etc he has to leave. It really does five him enough time to help out. I think I am going to talk to him about Getting up earlier and then I can have some time in the mornings to get things accomplished. Thanks for all of the great advice everyone! 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards