Iowa Babies

OBGYN supportive of natural labor/birth

Hi ladies, My husband and I are expecting Feb 2nd.  We live just outside of Des Moines.  I had my heart set on using Cosette Boone/Kari Ward at Willsong Midwifery but we don't think we are going to be able to have saved/paid for just under 6,000 out of pocket by the end of December... and our insurance does not cover any out of network costs so we can't count on a refund after birth.I am a nurse and work in the ER at mercy... so I will deliver at Mercy but am interested in everyone's experiences of OBGYNs that were supportive of a natural labor and birth?  I was thinking of going to West Des Moines OBGYN.  Love to hear your thoughts!!!

Re: OBGYN supportive of natural labor/birth

• Hearts and Hand Women and Children clinic does homebirths and was in network for Wellmark
  • cmama2cmama2 member
    I went to West Des Moines OBGYN and I loved them. They were very understanding, the listened to me and I feel like they didn't push me to do anything I didn't want to. I really like them!
  • Loading the player...
  • If you are willing to drive to Ames, I've had great success with my doctor! It's with McFarland Clinic, there are 3 midwives at the clinic if you'd rather have a midwife. However, I think they still want you to deliver at the hospital.
    ********************************************************************************************************

DS1 born 11/3/06   *   DS2 born 3/29/08   *   DD born 3/15/11  

Scarlett Mae born 1/14/14                         Our family is now complete!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"