June 2013 Moms

[BF] Aggressive/Passionate Eater?

Anyone else out there have an aggressive/passionate eater?
My lil guy really gets into eating. Like all out sound effects! He jams his nose into my boob... Throws his arms around my boob... Sometimes twists his head from side to side! Lol he basically goes to town for his milk!
[not always but a lot] I get a kick out of him. Yesterday he even threw his leg up onto the arm of my chair! Lol
Anyone else?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: [BF] Aggressive/Passionate Eater?

• Mine! He snorts and growls when he's extra hungry and trying to latch on. He started clinging to the shirt I'm wearing while he nurses too just to make sure I'm not going anywhere. And then once he starts eating he guzzles and gulps like he's drowning!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Oh yeah, he totally cracks me up! He buries his face in my boob and grabs the sides and grunts and groans. He's a boobie fiend.

BFP#1: 05/07/12, MC 05/13/12. BFP#2: 07/23/12, CP 07/28/12.
    8dpo progesterone = 5.8. Pom juice + progesterone = BFP#3: 10/15/12, EDD 6/27/13.
    Betas: 10dpo=29,14dpo=217, 24dpo=11835. HB at 5w4d=81bpm, 7w6d=154bpm!
    Great NT scan at 11w4d, HB=160bpm. A/S at 19w6d: We're team blue!
    Perfect baby boy born via unmedicated delivery on 6/10/13 at 37w4d.

• Amelia will bob her head from side to side aggressively before latching on sometimes.  I think it's funny to watch her do it!
    Married 05.24.08
    Missed m/c discovered 07.25.12 (EDD 03.01.13)- Forever in our hearts
    Amelia Catherine was born on May 30, 2013
    Lilypie - (cFu9)
  • That is so cute! Our older son ate like that and it would crack me up. Will us a more mellow water except when he's been nursing for awhile and I'm on empty, he gets pissed. He'll flail his arms around, kick his legs, and moan. He's practically frantic the few times this has happened. Poor little guy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TTC Baby Rob #1 05/07, BFP 06/07, EDD 02/22/08, Baby Jackaroo born via c-section after 22 hours of labor on 02/27/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC Baby Rob #2 06/11 BFP 11/06/11 EDD 07/16/12 Natural M/C 11/25/11 @ 6w3d
    Baby Rob #2 (Sloane), in our hearts always.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here comes Baby Rob #3
     BFP on Cycle 17 09/27/12. EDD 06/04/12! Please Stick Baby! A/S 01/22/13 Baby looking great. Officially TEAM BLUE! Jack is getting a Baby Brother! RCS scheduled for 05/29/13. William Daryll born at 9:59am on 05/29/13. Left ovary and tube removed due to peach sized tumor found during RCS. Pathology came back benign!

• CCR630CCR630
    1000 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Yes Grant does it too and it's hilarious!! I love the side to side freak out with the growl. I call him my little savage haha!!
    www.thefamilyragan. blogspot.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh yeah! DS is all about eating....that would be why he's up a pound since he was born 2 1/2 weeks ago LOL

Nov. 5th, 2009~Kailua Beach, HI
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Started TTC Nov. 2011
    1st clomid cycle 50mg June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle 100mg Aug. 2012 ovulated August 15th BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle 100mg Sept. 2012 ovulated Sept 17th :: BFP Sept 30th EDD June 13th 2013=fantastic pregnancy! Wyatt James born 6/15/13 8lbs 6oz 21in BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14
    My Ovulation Chart

• Is it weird that i want to video tape it?! Lol I tried but the stupid iphone zooms in too much.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • image sctiger52408:
    Amelia will bob her head from side to side aggressively before latching on sometimes.nbsp; I think it's funny to watch her do it!

Gavin does the bobbing, too. When he's really hungry, he will try to latch on to my or DH's arms. I think he once tried to give DH a hickey!
    imageimage
  • My LO does that too! Sometimes he fails to latch because of his excitement. Then he starts crying WHILE the boob is in his mouth. 

Google "excited-ineffective nurser" for a great description of this feeding personality. It is my son, spot-on. 

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yep, all of this sounds familiar and I have scratches on my boobs because she likes to grap hold and death grip!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • skioskio
    5000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 250 Love Its
    DD1 was like that. She would suck like crazy with all sorts of noises and for a long time.

DD2 is a lazy sucker. She just kind of lets it flow in to her mouth...gives a couple sucks...lets it flow again. And falls asleep after 5 to 10 minutes. So different!
    image Pregnancy Ticker
  • She snorts and grunts.  She gets so upset when she comes off of the boob.  Mind you, she pulls herself off to "take a break" and then freaks out!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • haha E sounds like a ravenous animal when she gets hungry and makes all sorts of noises when she is latched and really hungry, groaning, grunting, etc.

Anniversary

• Ads is hilarious with her sounds and aggressive eating too. She does the head bob, head shake, and even grabs my boobs as if to make sure I don't move. And then she will just stop and act completely civilized and almost totally lazy. She is so silly.
              image image

• DD loves the boob! She bobs and does the side to side head shake. It's cute until she latches aggressively and it hurts! It shows that she likes to eat bc at 11 days old she gained 1lb in a week and is now 8oz above birth weight!
    Gah I'm such a mom already bragging on her!
    imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye born on 6/21/2013 at 40w6d 6lbs 15oz 19in
  • I saw this on the Daddy Newbie tumblr and was laughing hysterically! This perfectly describes how crazy Levi goes when he's hungry and trying to latch!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • My DD bobs her head like crazy when she knows my boob is close. It's so funny and I love her facial expression. I told my dH she will be a professional apple bobber

• image skio:
    DD1 was like that. She would suck like crazy with all sorts of noises and for a long time.

DD2 is a lazy sucker. She just kind of lets it flow in to her mouth...gives a couple sucks...lets it flow again. And falls asleep after 5 to 10 minutes. So different!

We are the exact opposite. C would take FOREVER and snooze and be lazy.
    This LO is much more aggressive.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DS is crazy at the boob! He growls and thrashes violently with this crazy look in his eye when he's trying to latch. It's hilarious.

• image medschoolwife:
    I saw this on the Daddy Newbie tumblr and was laughing hysterically! This perfectly describes how crazy Levi goes when he's hungry and trying to latch!nbsp;

Haha! Thats too perfect!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • image CCR630:
    Yes Grant does it too and it's hilarious!! I love the side to side freak out with the growl. I call him my little savage haha!!

Shark baby!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Totally! His angry little grunts crack me up!

• image emolm:
    image CCR630:

Shark baby!

Ha, I told dh yesterday that baby reminds me of a shark in a feeding frenzy.

BFP#1: 05/07/12, MC 05/13/12. BFP#2: 07/23/12, CP 07/28/12.
    8dpo progesterone = 5.8. Pom juice + progesterone = BFP#3: 10/15/12, EDD 6/27/13.
    Betas: 10dpo=29,14dpo=217, 24dpo=11835. HB at 5w4d=81bpm, 7w6d=154bpm!
    Great NT scan at 11w4d, HB=160bpm. A/S at 19w6d: We're team blue!
    Perfect baby boy born via unmedicated delivery on 6/10/13 at 37w4d.

• image ConnieRob:
    That is so cute! Our older son ate like that and it would crack me up. Will us a more mellow water except when he's been nursing for awhile and I'm on empty, he gets pissed. He'll flail his arms around, kick his legs, and moan. He's practically frantic the few times this has happened. Poor little guy.

Same here!

imageimage
  • Arianna is just in love with the boob. When she finishes with eating, she'll hug it or snuggle her nose against my nipple.
    imageimage
    Our lil' diva: late like her Momma: 40 weeks 5 days!