September 2012 Moms

NBR: Anyone Read Gone Girl?

***SPOILER ALERT!!!!***

What did you think? I just finished it last night and I am still processing it. All I keep thinking is, "How messed up is that?! They're just going to live like that for the rest of their lives?" 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR: Anyone Read Gone Girl?

• A - I knew she was alive from the beginning. 

B - I HATED the ending. I have never wished someone would commit suicide more than her.

C - He is a fukcing moron for all the stupid shyt he did and staying with her. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • THANK YOU!  I've been so eager to discuss this book! I agree fully with your reaction to the end.  Is she going to off him? 

• Loading the player...
  • And ditto everything Flamingemu said!

• I definitely had a feeling she was alive, but I thought she was being held somewhere. I didn't think she orchestrated it herself.

I was unsatisfied with the ending. No closure, I guess? But maybe that was the author's intent. I really thought he was going to still end up in jail somehow.

I just can't believe they're going to raise a BABY like that! How does he ever sleep at night?? Yes, he is definitely a moron.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imageMomtobeNJ:

I definitely had a feeling she was alive, but I thought she was being held somewhere. I didn't think she orchestrated it herself.

I was unsatisfied with the ending. No closure, I guess? But maybe that was the author's intent. I really thought he was going to still end up in jail somehow.

I just can't believe they're going to raise a BABY like that! How does he ever sleep at night?? Yes, he is definitely a moron.  

Perfect.He can take the night shift. Sleep at his sisters. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • imageFlamingemu:

A - I knew she was alive from the beginning. 

B - I HATED the ending. I have never wished someone would commit suicide more than her.

C - He is a fukcing moron for all the stupid shyt he did and staying with her. 

All of this, although I didn't think she had set up everything with her disappearance. So f-ed up. I hated the way it ended.

• Agree, the ending was pretty poor.

Good mindless read otherwise, though, I thought.
    Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageLoveLossHopeRepeat:
    I could not bring myself to give two shiits about anyone in this book and abandoned it pretty quickly. There wasn't a single thing to like about anyone, so I didn't care if anyone was dead, nor did I care who did it.

I did read the whole thing, but I agree that none of the characters was likable enough for me to care. The ending was disappointing for sure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"