January 2013 Moms

triple degree mamas check in

Triple degree mamas check in.

I know there are at least a few of us that have been battling this heat. I'm in CA and we are on day 5 of triple digits. Supposed to be a total of 7 or 8 days straight.

How you mamas and LOs hanging in there???

I am so over it. I also hate the heat though. R seems to be doing ok but as soon as this started she began waking once in the motn. Thankfully last night she went to sleep at 7 and slept til 630. It was 88 INSIDE and outside are house!
We have ac in the living room but not the bedrooms. Yes we could camp out in the living room but none of us, including R get any kind of "good" sleep.

She obviously is down to a onesie and window is open plus fan on full blast and she isn't sweating or anything like that nor cranky so I am assuming she is ok?

Is this bad?? I'm just going off the temp reading on my angelcare so it could be a little off too. It doesn't stay that warm all night, normally by time DH and I get up for work around 530 we have to put a light blanket on her.

Re: triple degree mamas check in

• We're supposed to get a break on Friday. The low 90s! Sad that 90s is a break, but I'm looking forward to it.

I ditched the long sleeved jammies in favor of light weight sleep sacks without any sleeves. We have AC throughout the house, thank God! I also keep the ceiling fan on at night to keep the air circulating.

When going out and about in yesterday's 107 heat I ditched the big cloth diaper to help keep DS cool in his car seat... he will sweat in that thing in upper 70s weather so I was worried. But he did fine. During the day in the house he is usually in nothing but his cloth diaper. I've got a lot of 'naked baby' photos these days, lol.

I am also so over summer.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    image       image
  • Yup, I'm in Sacramento.  Good times!  I got cabin fever this weekend, because I didn't want to go outside with LO.  We had all the windows shut and blinds drawn to try to keep the house cool.  Plus our crazy garage cat, Baxter, has to be in the house since the garage is too hot.  Baxter usually lives in the garage because he has a wire loose and meows ALL. THE. TIME.  So the three of us, the two dogs, and the two cats (one completely insane) were locked in the house all weekend.  So I'm happy to be a working mom this week, it's helping me keep my sanity.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh.. I'm with you.. I live at Ft. Hood Texas.. It's been over 100 for a week and a half. Me and the baby haven't left much because of it (cabin fever is DEFINITELY setting in). I am SOO ready for summer to be over. Screw Texas..

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• I am in Northern Nevada and I too am SO over it!! I miss our daily walks!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014
  • I'm also in Sacramento. The hardest part has been keeping DD entertained in doors. Even DC has been keeping them inside for the most part because the heat index is so high so early.

It'd be easier if it cooled down at night at least.
  • We live in So California and it has been hot as heck here too! I hate turning on the AC but I have no choice as DD has been sweating like crazy. Our AC is on from 11 am to 9 pm. Boy, it is going to be a long dreadful summer!
  • So, the subject line made me think this was for PhD mommas ... and I clicked on it because I thought, "That's a weird check-in but okay".  Now that I see what it is really about I am just praising you guys for living through this heat without hurting someone.  We're in Tennessee, so our weather is fine, and I showed DS our air-conditioning unit today as we were walking around outside and I told him how thankful we need to be for that!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image Chappy_jr:
    So, the subject line made me think this was for PhD mommas ... and I clicked on it because I thought, "That's a weird checkin but okay". nbsp;Now that I see what it is really about I am just praising you guys for living through this heat without hurting someone. nbsp;We're in Tennessee, so our weather is fine, and I showed DS our airconditioning unit today as we were walking around outside and I told him how thankful we need to be for that!

Baha.
  • Im dying lol! We moved into our new house over the weekend but on thursday thank god it was before we moved in l was working at the new house and realized the ac wasn't working. Someone tried to steal the copper between the day we had the inspection to the day we got the keys. We got it fixed but it cost us a pretty penny. I'm also not excited to see my electricity bill. Yikes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage image
  • I HATE TEXAS WEATHER! I don't go anywhere unless I have to.... i bought a little clip on fan for DD stroller
  • image Fluxy3535:
    I HATE TEXAS WEATHER! I don't go anywhere unless I have to.... i bought a little clip on fan for DD stroller

You and me both.. I am counting the days til the end of my husbands contract so we can leave this h*ll hole and never look back. 

Only 1319 days to go... :/

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards