6 Weeks Pregnant

3+ Hr car ride + Nausea help??

Help my fellow mommies to be. We're taking a little road trip this weekend with friends who don't know we're expecting (we're not ready to tell yet). I've been seriously nauseous most mornings of late, and we're leaving for this 3+ hr drive in the morning. Any advice? I usually get through the morning by munching dry cereal and apple slices, but I'm worried that the moving car is going to exaggerate my already queasy belly. I'll take whatever advice I can get.

Thanks,

Nervous to ride

Re: 3+ Hr car ride + Nausea help??

• bring lots of ginger ale and gravol try to look for the non-drowsy kind. also COLD water helps a lot aswell and bring some comfy stuff ie. pillow and blanket and wear comfy clothes. GL
    DD- May 2010 2 Miscarrieges 03.02.2013 & 04.22.2013 Ultrasound confirms BBY #2 EDD 03.03.2014
  • I have to drive and cannot be a passenger.  Doesn't get rid of it all, but helps.

Carry a lemon with you.  Nick it with your nail when the nausea hits.  Lemon is supposed to sooth the stomach.  

My daughter had to use the seasick bands on her wrist when pregnant with my grandson.  

• Loading the player...
  • I believe you can safely use Dramamine but check with your OB
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"