September 2012 Moms

UO Tuesday

Because I can't effectively drunk bump on Thursday with the holiday and things.

Anon stands corrected.

Tessa: 10.28.10                             Nora: 8.30.12

Re: UO Tuesday

• And here I thought I might try to get some work done today....

View Raw Image'>

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• image icedcoffeeluv:
    And here I thought I might try to get some work done today....

Oh, you silly silly girl.

Anon stands corrected.

• KisstyKissty
    250 Answers 250 Love Its 500 Comments Second Anniversary
    Easy everyday words that are mispronounced:  Warsh instead of wash, my mom says milnk. There is NO 'N' in milk or how my dad says dreen instead of drain, or crick instead of creek.  Oh the insanity.  There are others it's just too early to recall.

imageimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image icedcoffeeluv:
    And here I thought I might try to get some work done today....

LOL, my morning is going to be shot.

• image Kissty:
    Easy everyday words that are mispronounced:  Warsh instead of wash, my mom says milnk. There is NO 'N' in milk or how my dad says dreen instead of drain, or crick instead of creek.  Oh the insanity.  There are others it's just too early to recall.

Is that regional? My grams calls the creek the crick. My aunt (pronounced ant, not ont) say woish instead of wash, IDK how that one came about.

Anon stands corrected.

• People who use incorrect grammar, especially if it's just some of the time. My MIL is classic for this. One day she'll say, "Oh, DD doesn't need a bottle while you're out?" and the next time it will be, "She doesn't need no bottle?" WTH? Is it lingual laziness? Is it that some people need to constantly remind themselves to speak properly, and if they're not thinking really hard, they get it wrong? It drives me crazy, and even more so as I'm teaching DS proper speech/grammar and then others around him speak like they never attended school.

• image LoisLayn23:

image Kissty:

Is that regional? My grams calls the creek the crick. My aunt (pronounced ant, not ont) say woish instead of wash, IDK how that one came about.

I've heard warsh and crick before too. I think a lot of these things are regional. Never heard milnk though. My family all says "ant" for "aunt." And there's a lot of "wooder" for "water," but you can blame that on the Philly influence.

• Parking your car in the driveway or street is tacky and makes the neighborhood look junky. Clean out your garage and use it the way it's intended. I'm annoyed at my neighbors if you can't tell.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image BobKat22:
    Parking your car in the driveway or street is tacky and makes the neighborhood look junky. Clean out your garage and use it the way it's intended. I'm annoyed at my neighbors if you can't tell.

My car wouldn't fit in our single garage. It's too long and possibly too wide. DH's car "just" fits, but we both park in the driveway.

• image LoisLayn23:

image Kissty:

Being in NJ, there are so many regional language issues, since there are people from Boston "caaaaar", Philly "yous guys" and NY "pop".  It's a maddening mix sometimes, especially since I'm from Texas and they have the nerve to make fun of my "ya'll" like they have room to talk.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image BobKat22:
    Parking your car in the driveway or street is tacky and makes the neighborhood look junky. Clean out your garage and use it the way it's intended. I'm annoyed at my neighbors if you can't tell.

Oh. Well, our cars don't fit.

Anon stands corrected.

• image BobKat22:

Ahahaha. Garages are for storing all the junk. :) But seriously... it is a PITA to try and fit two cars in a "two car garage" Somebody will lose a mirror.

• image BobKat22:

We don't have a garage. I never knew you weren't supposed to park in a driveway or on the street! haha

View Raw Image'>

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• NY=pop? Like the drink?

Anon stands corrected.

• image Kissty:

The big one in this area is axe instead of ask. It drives me BSC. 

photo 031d2f0d-1f0b-478a-88d2-a9b280ad1882_zps7624a3c7.jpgphoto 11550743-2d3f-4f72-a88c-7d94464a3e22_zpsabe0ff65.jpg

• image melody921:

image BobKat22:

My car wouldn't fit in our single garage. It's too long and possibly too wide. DH's car "just" fits, but we both park in the driveway.

This is us. My house was built in the 70s and was not made for SUVs to be parked in the garage. We both park in the driveway most of the time. If we are on the street it is because the person in front needed out. 

photo 031d2f0d-1f0b-478a-88d2-a9b280ad1882_zps7624a3c7.jpgphoto 11550743-2d3f-4f72-a88c-7d94464a3e22_zpsabe0ff65.jpg

• image LoisLayn23:

NY=pop? Like the drink?

Yes.  I know there are numerous places that call it that, but, around here is kind of the border of it, so most people call it soda or coke and the few that call it pop tend to be NYers in a lot of cases.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Flamingemu:

image Kissty:

OMG, I hate axe. I also hate samich for sandwich. And I live near Bethlehem, PA, which people often pronounce Bethlem. There's an "H" people, my goodness.

• image BobKat22:
    Um. No.
  • image delaine0821:
    image LoisLayn23:

NY=pop? Like the drink?

Yes.  I know there are numerous places that call it that, but, around here is kind of the border of it, so most people call it soda or coke and the few that call it pop tend to be NYers in a lot of cases.

I have never in my entire 27.5 years living in NY heard someone say pop unless they were from the Midwest.

My husband family is from all over NY. Northern and western. None of them say pop.

imageimage
  • image BobKat22:

Garages are not for cars.

imageimage
  • image redneckmomma25:
    image delaine0821:
    image LoisLayn23:

NY=pop? Like the drink?

I have never in my entire 27.5 years living in NY heard someone say pop unless they were from the Midwest.

Pittsburgh people say it too.

• KTC926KTC926
    250 Answers 100 Comments 100 Love Its Name Dropper
    image Flamingemu:

image Kissty:

That bothers me sometimes but the worst for me is when my Grandmother adds 's' to the end of store names.

NO Grandma, I'm going to WALMART not WALMARTS.

Charleigh Grace 09.26.12

• Par13Par13
    250 Answers 500 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Love Its
    Keeping with the theme, I've come to realize that a lot of people seem to think that definitely and defiantly are the same word. 

DS - 9/18/12 40w5d

• image redneckmomma25:
    image delaine0821:
    image LoisLayn23:

NY=pop? Like the drink?

I have never in my entire 27.5 years living in NY heard someone say pop unless they were from the Midwest. My husband family is from all over NY. Northern and western. None of them say pop.

Yeah, almost everyone from Colorado to Kentucky to Canada to Texas calls it pop. The entire middle 1/3 of the US refers to it as pop, and I've not heard NY'ers calling it that.

Anon stands corrected.

• Par13Par13
    250 Answers 500 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Love Its
    image melody921:
    image Flamingemu:

image Kissty:

OMG, I hate axe. I also hate samich for sandwich. And I live near Bethlehem, PA, which people often pronounce Bethlem. There's an "H" people, my goodness.

oh god - Axe! That is the worst. At work, when I hear people on the phones saying that I want to scream. It sounds so unprofessional. 

DS - 9/18/12 40w5d

• image LoisLayn23:
    image redneckmomma25:
    image delaine0821:
    image LoisLayn23:

NY=pop? Like the drink?

I have never in my entire 27.5 years living in NY heard someone say pop unless they were from the Midwest. My husband family is from all over NY. Northern and western. None of them say pop.

Yeah, almost everyone from Colorado to Kentucky to Canada to Texas calls it pop. The entire middle 1/3 of the US refers to it as pop, and I've not heard NY'ers calling it that.

NY'ers use the proper term

imageimage
  • Warsh is part of the NY accent sometimes. My dad and his brothers say it. And my boss. Along with idear instead of idea.

imageimage
  • Pop IS the proper term, redneck.

Anon stands corrected.

• jlk6jlk6
    1000 Comments 100 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    image KTC926:
    image Flamingemu:

image Kissty:

That bothers me sometimes but the worst for me is when my Grandmother adds 's' to the end of store names.

NO Grandma, I'm going to WALMART not WALMARTS.

Omg! This girl on fb always puts walmarts and it drives me fing nuts!