November 2012 Moms

Twatwaffle Tuesday

Yea I know it's 6am but no time like the present, eh?

I have a double nom, mostly because I can't decide which party is the bigger TW.  My ILs are notorious for last minute decision making when it comes to visiting.  Most times, I don't know if they are coming for sure until the effing day before.  Is it too much to ask for a little planning? Can I not get a better heads up? I don't care if they visit I just like to know when and how long.  I don't think that's unreasonable.  Also, when they do come, I never really know how long they are staying. WTF? I've quite trying to get my house in shape for their visits cause if they can't give respectful notice, fluck visiting a clean house. Tough shiz. 

Secondly is DH. I have repeatedly asked him to put a foot down on these shenanigans but he, for lack of a better word, if a total wuss. I feel like he'd rather spare their feelings than mine. Every time I speak up, by the end of the conversation I am the b!tch. I am not putting restrictions on them, I just want to know WTF is going on!

The whole thing just makes me feel totally disrespected.  Like I said, teh two parties are running neck and neck in this TW race, but DH is inching forward because they are his parents, not mine. They are his to deal with, no me.  And it's me and our family he should be putting first, not them. Does that make me the the evil DIL?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday

• Dang Red, you are at it early eh?

Oh, yeah.. If that makes you the evil DIL, I am queen b!tch. I've always had to be stern with visiting times and making sure we have fair warning. The ILs live 5 mins away, the rest of our families are about an hour away.
    I wouldn't mind being an hour from everyone.. Lol

Anyways. My nom is our DCP. It's an in home, friends of the family, etc.. But I really feel like they have too many little babies and not enough patients for B. Oh, and they seem to think she needs Tylenol or Motrin every time she's having a bad day. I don't like the way things are going so it looks like we need to find a new situation.

DD- 11/25/12

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image Luckylove23:
    Dang Red, you are at it early eh? Oh, yeah.. If that makes you the evil DIL, I am queen b!tch. I've always had to be stern with visiting times and making sure we have fair warning. The ILs live 5 mins away, the rest of our families are about an hour away.  I wouldn't mind being an hour from everyone.. Lol Anyways. My nom is our DCP. It's an in home, friends of the family, etc.. But I really feel like they have too many little babies and not enough patients for B. Oh, and they seem to think she needs Tylenol or Motrin every time she's having a bad day. I don't like the way things are going so it looks like we need to find a new situation.

My IL's live 4 hours away and I still have this problem. Bleh. 

• image apegg23:

image Luckylove23:
    Dang Red, you are at it early eh? Oh, yeah.. If that makes you the evil DIL, I am queen b!tch. I've always had to be stern with visiting times and making sure we have fair warning. The ILs live 5 mins away, the rest of our families are about an hour away.  I wouldn't mind being an hour from everyone.. Lol Anyways. My nom is our DCP. It's an in home, friends of the family, etc.. But I really feel like they have too many little babies and not enough patients for B. Oh, and they seem to think she needs Tylenol or Motrin every time she's having a bad day. I don't like the way things are going so it looks like we need to find a new situation.

Exactly this.  You'd think being so far away they'd plan things better.

• image redwood807:
    image apegg23:

image Luckylove23:

yup. so true

• I nominate my boss. She has taken off 4 of the last 5 weeks for various reasons. On the days she does come in to work, she shows up 3 hours (or more!) late, takes a 2 hour lunch, and leaves a couple of hours early. She keeps her door closed the whole time she is actually in her office so she is unavailable.

Despite all that, she had the audacity to send me an email asking why I clocked out 1 minute early. She lectured me for 2 full paragraphs. I didn't even clock out early. Apparently, there's a delay between the phone and the computer. WTF.

BabyFruit Ticker

• image uconnhuskie007:
    image redwood807:
    image apegg23:

image Luckylove23:
    Dang Red, you are at it early eh?

Oh, yeah.. If that makes you the evil DIL, I am queen b!tch. I've always had to be stern with visiting times and making sure we have fair warning. The ILs live 5 mins away, the rest of our families are about an hour away.  I wouldn't mind being an hour from everyone.. Lol

Anyways. My nom is our DCP. It's an in home, friends of the family, etc.. But I really feel like they have too many little babies and not enough patients for B. Oh, and they seem to think she needs Tylenol or Motrin every time she's having a bad day. I don't like the way things are going so it looks like we need to find a new situation.

yup. so true

Agreed!!!
  • I nominate DH's boss well, CEO, not direct boss for telling them just this morning that they were required to be in the office all day tomorrow for the Quarterly Business Review and training. This sucks because DH was supposed to be off tomorrow and was going to have a "daddy/daughter day" with LO. I mean who schedules a last minute ALL DAY meeting on a holiday week??? They have Thursday and Friday off so I'm sure this messed up a lot of people's plans. Geez.

• I nominate my boobs. I know AF is here, but I need them to continue to produce the exact milk I need to feed baby. So far it's day 1 of AF and the supply is already decreased by an ounce a pump....  

• I nominate DH, he has been a total butthead lately. Doesn't want to help much around the house, his patience level is running short with me and LO, and he just likes to veg out on the couch. He is bummed.

I think it is because its race season and he sold his car last year and his brother got a new $26,000 race car that he LOVES to rub DH's nose in. I feel bad for him, but at the same time I just want to kick his bum and tell him to buck up and tell his brother to knock it off. But, men will be men...or should I say boys will be boys?

Ourfasttrackfamily.blogspot.com

• image LovinLife0710:
    I nominate my boobs. I know AF is here, but I neednbsp;them to continue to produce the exact milk I need to feed baby. So far it's day 1 of AF and the supply isnbsp;alreadynbsp;decreased by an ounce a pump....nbsp;nbsp;

Dreading the day AF returns for this very reason! Hope it gets better for you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards