May 2013 Moms

PP body vent

DH and I are going out to dinner with friends for the first time since DD was born. Absolutely nothing in my closet even remotely fits me. I'm not quite 6 weeks PP and have lost 20 of the 35 I gained during pregnancy but I look like I'm carrying much more than 15 extra pounds.

Can anyone else commiserate with me? The post the other day about how fast everyone's weight has come off made me feel lousy since mine isn't.

BFP #1 – 4/14/12 – Ectopic Pregnancy – MTX 5/11/12

BFP #2 – 9/2/12 – Our sweet rainbow DD born 5/23/13

BFP#3 – 1/5/14 – EDD 9/12/14 – natural m/c 2/16/14image

Re: PP body vent

• Oh yeah. Today DS peed on my outfit and I almost cried because I have so little to wear. I hate the pics of me from DD's birthday party this past weekend. I still have 20 lbs to go. And with DD I held on to most of the weight until I stopped BFing.

• Hugs. I know the feeling. Even the pants that I bought that fit pp with ds1 don't fit quite right. Luckily I have a few jersey skirts that have a yoga pant style waistband that look nice but ate very forgiving on my belly. I hope you have fun tonight!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• I still have 15 pounds to lose.  I do laundry like every other day between LO spitting up and pooping and me rewearing the same few outfits.  LO is EBF and has been gaining weight like crazy, so I'm not sure how I'm not losing weight.  I'm not eating any more than I did prepregnancy. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've still got 10 to 15 lbs to lose, and my pants are nowhere close to fitting. My maternity pants still fit, but I'm struggling to find regular pants that are loose enough in the butt without being giant in the crotch. I'm so tired of maternity pants, lol!

My shirts fit, though, although some of them might be a little too tight for work with my remaining pooch, so I got a few more flowy shirts from LOFT last week since I go back to work tomorrow.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I was about ready to make this same post. I have 20 lbs. to get back to pre-pregnancy weight and about 30 lbs. total to what is probably the best weight for me. Along with the extra weight I have diastasis recti, which is making me still look quite pregnant. After my son was born I did myfitnesspal and it was so depressing to see all the weight I should have been losing according to my eating and exercising when I wasn't losing anything. I think for me sleep is crucial to losing weight. I am trying so hard to just appreciate what my body has done, but I feel so frustrated.
    Married to E on June 5, 2010
    Gave birth to baby boy, I, on March 25, 2012
    Gave birth to baby girl, A, on May 20, 2013
    Baby #3 due April 29, 2015

Recovering from mitochondrial dysfunction and Addison's/possibly very severe adrenal burn out using food, medicine, and a large amount of garden therapy.
  • I'm seven pounds away from my pp weight, but I can barely squeeze into things that are two sizes bigger than my pp size. I had a very frustrating trip to Target yesterday in search of transition pants. I wouldn't care, but I don't need to spend money on a whole new wardrobe. I'm taking a year off from teaching. I'm hoping that things will go back to normal in the next year while I'm home with the babies so that I don't need to buy new work clothes.

• Yep I am one of those unlucky ones who doesn't lose weight BFing. I have 12lb left from this baby plus 10lb more from my first baby plus 20lb gained taking fertility drugs for a grand total of 42lb to lose. I have been wearing maternity clothes for 2yrs and 4 months with no end in sight. I am meeting of all DH's coworkers in 3weeks. Can I lose 20lb by then???? depressedaboutmybody

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    TTC#2 - Shocked to get a BFP first postpartum cycle  
    Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo

TTC # 3 June 2014
  • Lurker here but I have the same problem! I gained 36 with pregnancy and only lost 16lbs when LO was born. I'm 7 weeks PP n still have 20 left to lose! I had a c/s so all the fat is in my mid section or my FUPPA as I call it lol. I used to be a gym junkie pre pregnancy and now it's so hard to get into a routine and back into gym mode. I feel your pain tho. Hang in there I'm sure you'll slowly begin shedding the pounds.! :
  • B27B27
    Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Love Its
    Oh ladieu, I feel you! I hae been getting up at 4am to work out, eating healthy ect. And still hae 14 pounds to go :( its hard to find time and it has been over 100 degrees here, so walking outside with my baby girl is out of the question!
  • Yep this is me too. I have only one pair of shorts that fit me and have to really watch what shirts I wear to avoid showing my really loose skin and rolls. Ugh

• Lurker. I feel your pain. I am also one of the unlucky ones who do not lose weight from BFing. I'm eating super healthy and working out almost every day, but I still have a good 15lbs to lose. I have friends who lose baby weight in a few weeks doing nothing and here I am working my butt off. It drives me nuts. I also am matron of honor in a wedding in a few weeks. Yay! You are not alone!
    5 losses and several failed cycles
    2 miracles
    J born 4/19/10
    A born 5/16/13
  • I'm glad you posted this.  I gained 50 and lost 25 in the first 2 weeks.  Still have 25 left and then 15 that I gained from stress ttc.  I'm EBF but it doesn't seem to be making a difference.
  • A lot of my weight came off fast but that doesn't mean my body is anywhere near where it was or where it used to be. lol. I've been living in sweats and yoga pants. But may need to suck it up and buy some shorts and pants in bigger sizes. Boo
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Me too.  We had family pictures taken a couple of weeks ago.  I bought a cute summery dress and looking in the mirror I felt great.  Then I saw the pictures and felt horrible.  I gained about 40 and lost about 20 as of a week ago.  I am eager for my body to be healed enough to exercise a little more rigorously.  I just know I would feel better, too!

I keep reminding myself that we should be more forgiving of our bodies.  We all gave birth not very long ago and it will just take time.

• motangmotang
    Ninth Anniversary 250 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Love Its
    My weight isn't melting off either. I'm still wearing maternity pants since mine don't fit. I hate maternity pants but I'm too stubborn to buy new clothes when I have so many prepregnancy clothes that I hope to fit into again. Breastfeeding doesn't seem to make me lose weight faster like it does for some people.
    I try to remind myself that it will take time to get my body back, but that doesn't help much. I hate the mirror and pictures of myself. I know its hard but try not to beat yourself up too much about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I hear you. I've lost most of my baby weight, but unfortunately had lots of post miscarriage emotional weight already packed on, so my efforts are to try to eat rid of that now. I'm working my butt off at the gym every day but its not going as quickly as I'd like!

~September PAL Siggy Challenge: Male Comedian~

DS born 3/12/09.

BFP #2 - 5/9/11. EDD 1/7/12. MMC 6/6/11. BFP #3 - 1/24/12. EDD 10/6/12. MC 2/14/12.

BFP #4 - 8/30/12. EDD 5/11/13. Our rainbow arrived a month early - 4/11/13. 

image image

For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

• image star510:
    I still have 15 pounds to lose.  I do laundry like every other day between LO spitting up and pooping and me rewearing the same few outfits.  LO is EBF and has been gaining weight like crazy, so I'm not sure how I'm not losing weight.  I'm not eating any more than I did prepregnancy. 

This is me exactly.  I'm praying that pregnancy over 40 didn't kill my chances of ever looking OK in a bathing suit again.  I'm determined to get back to working out now, though.  If only the weather would warm up.  It has been a very cool, rainy summer here in SE Michigan...

TTC#2 5+ yrs Me: 44 yrs DH: 34 yrs DS born 8/2007 MC 11/2008 (natural) MC 5/2011 (IVF) MC 12/20011 (IVF) BFP 9/2012!! (DE) EDD 5/25/2013 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Same! I have about 15lbs to lose to get back to my pre pregnancy weight. I'm eating bigger portions than I used to because I'm petrified my milk will dry up if I cut down too much. At this rate I chance to put weight on not lose it.

imageimage
  • image dillngr9:
    I hear you. I've lost most of my baby weight, but unfortunately had lots of post miscarriage emotional weight already packed on, so my efforts are to try to eat rid of that now. I'm working my butt off at the gym every day but its not going as quickly as I'd like!

I gained 15 pounds of emotional weight after our loss too so once I get rid of the pregnancy weight ill be looking to lose those pounds as well.

BFP #1 – 4/14/12 – Ectopic Pregnancy – MTX 5/11/12

BFP #2 – 9/2/12 – Our sweet rainbow DD born 5/23/13

BFP#3 – 1/5/14 – EDD 9/12/14 – natural m/c 2/16/14image

• I am back to prepreg weight and nothing fits! My wedding rings still don't even fit! My body is just.....weird and foreign to me now. And I look like I still have several pounds to go.  I literally rotate one pair of maternity pants and three tops. Sigh. 
  • April!April!
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments

I feel you. :( I have lost the weight but still nothing fits. Old Navy is having a 30% off everything sale right now and I just ordered a few things, including some maternity tops.

Between the leaky milk, my sweatiness from holding a hot baby all the time, and my inability to sneeze without peeing on myself, I have to change my clothes at least once during the day and I don't have that many clothes that fit! 

BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
    image image image
  • April!April!
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments

image annarussell05:
    image dillngr9:
    I hear you. I've lost most of my baby weight, but unfortunately had lots of post miscarriage emotional weight already packed on, so my efforts are to try to eat rid of that now. I'm working my butt off at the gym every day but its not going as quickly as I'd like!
    I gained 15 pounds of emotional weight after our loss too so once I get rid of the pregnancy weight ill be looking to lose those pounds as well.

Me three. :( 

BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
    image image image
  • I have a gunt. a gut and a c u next Tuesday all rolled into one pudgy mess. I hate it and it makes me want to cry.
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am right there with you. I lost 23lbs in 2wks after my csection, by my 6wk checkup i had gained back a pound. I am now 10 to 15lbs of my pp weight, and no matter how busy i keep myself, or how much i focus on healthy eating and exercise it just doesnt want to fall off. I have gone to such extremes with double girdling but my hips and a have spread and i still have the loose skin on my stomach.

I hate my pp body, i wanted to give my self 5mos to lose all the baby weight and be confident in my body again because thats how long it took me to lose the baby weight with DS1, doesnt look like that will happen though.
  • I was overweight to begin with and still have 10 lbs to lose of baby weight... Plus the extra weight. I'm taking it slow though and not being hard on myself.

I'm still in maternity clothes... My regular clothes arrive with the movers in 2 weeks. I'm not holding my breath that anything will fit. Plus, my belly is still a little tender sometimes so the maternity pants are great. Ill likely buy a few transition things.

I'm giving myself a year. I think it realistic and I don't want to feel bad if I don't meet a quicker goal.

• I feel for you. I still have 20lb to go even though everyone says I look the same preprego. My cloth don't fit the way they use to yet. But I started exercising and I know I will get there, hopefully. Plus I just take out any frustration during my workout!
  • I've lost most of the weight but I only have one pair of pants that fit... and that is debatable because they only zip they don't button. Plus I can't wear certain sweatpants or my maternity jeans that look like regular jeans because my crotch is still beat up and there is chafing. Did not anticipate that happening, and I feel like a wreck.
    Baby girl born 5/20/13. Figuring it out as we go. :)