March 2014 Moms
Options

Vasectomy Reversal worked!

I am wondering if there are any "older" moms here or other women who have conceived after a vasectomy reversal. 
I am 39, my husband is 49. We have 5 children, ages 20, 18, 17, 11 and 6. Reversal was done May 29 and we got pregnant less than 3 weeks later. I am exactly 4 weeks today and found out yesterday! We are a homeschool, Christian family. A year ago we were seeking to adopt but it didn't work out and through the journey, God showed us that he has a plan for us but we needed to give control back to him. We shouldn't be so surprised that he blessed us so quickly, but we are! He now is in control and our family size will be up to him instead of us. 

Would love to journey along with a mom or two of similar circumstances. God bless

Re: Vasectomy Reversal worked!

• Options

Congratulations!  And wow!  I'm not sure you'll find many others in a similar circumstance.  But there are plenty of others to walk alongside.

Welcome.

Married my best friend ~ May 31, 2008
    Adopted our furbaby Kona ~ January 17, 2010
    Trying to grow our family ~ June 2010

1st BFP 7.6.10 ~ EDD 3.15.11 ~ mmc 8.6.10 ~ d&c 8.11.10
    2nd BFP 11.4.10 ~ EDD 7.15.11 ~ HB 6w3d ~ No HB 7w ~ mmc 12.8.10 ~ d&c 12.9.10
    3rd BFP 7.12.11 ~ EDD 3.22.12 ~ HB 6w5d 124 bpm ~ Team Green ~ 
    SHE STUCK!
    4th BFP 6.20.13 ~ EDD 3.1.14 ~ HB 7w5d 153 bpm ~ A/S revealed due date possibly 2.23
    *~*~*~*EXPECT MIRACLES*~*~*~*
    Praying for peace in God's ultimate plan ~ "Be still and know that I am God." -Psalm 46:10

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Congrats!!! we gave away "control" shortly before our marriage and we are grateful to have 3 girls and 1 on the way. :.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    congrats! I love big families. Not sure whats in the cards for us but H is 1 of 7 - however his mom started at 21 and I started much later so I don't think I'll have as many as her! I'm thinking 3 :) but willing to not control it myself either
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are a Christian homeschooling family with 11 children and just found out that we are expecting again!! Same as you 4 weeks. : we are beyond thrilled and we decided to trust God after we knew that this is what he planned for our lives.
  • Options
    Congratulations to you! What's your due date? Mine is March 10. Have you any twins in your 11 children? I am praying for twins this time! I'm in Maine, which state are you in? God bless you and your tribe!
  • Options
    I'm due March 10, how about you?
  • Options
    Congratulations! When are you due? I'm March 10
  • Options
    Congratulations :) What's your due date? Mine's March 10
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. Congrats on your twins! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow again! So sorry for your loss. Blessings to you!
    Married my best friend ~ May 31, 2008
    Adopted our furbaby Kona ~ January 17, 2010
    Trying to grow our family ~ June 2010

1st BFP 7.6.10 ~ EDD 3.15.11 ~ mmc 8.6.10 ~ d&c 8.11.10
    2nd BFP 11.4.10 ~ EDD 7.15.11 ~ HB 6w3d ~ No HB 7w ~ mmc 12.8.10 ~ d&c 12.9.10
    3rd BFP 7.12.11 ~ EDD 3.22.12 ~ HB 6w5d 124 bpm ~ Team Green ~ 
    SHE STUCK!
    4th BFP 6.20.13 ~ EDD 3.1.14 ~ HB 7w5d 153 bpm ~ A/S revealed due date possibly 2.23
    *~*~*~*EXPECT MIRACLES*~*~*~*
    Praying for peace in God's ultimate plan ~ "Be still and know that I am God." -Psalm 46:10

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I was confused too!

OP congratulations! So sorry for your previous loss.

Anniversary

• Options
    Congrats!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    Yay twins!!!
  • Options
    That's fantastic news!! Please pop back with updates when you can!
  • Options
    I'm so very sorry for your loss, congratulations on your twins!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"