February 2013 Moms

Pushing Back Bedtime

LO pretty early set herself a bedtime of 6-630. She would get super cranky if we kept her up any later than that. However, for the past 2-3 weeks, she's been waking up 45 minutes to an hour after we put her down, just like a nap. Since it seems like she's trying to push back her bedtime, we're thinking that maybe it would be a good idea to give her a last nap around 5pm and then keep her awake until 7 or 7:30. Does that make sense? Would you all give it a try? Do you think I'll just end up with a super cranky baby in the evening again?

Re: Pushing Back Bedtime

• How many naps is she was she currently taking (times and duration)?

My DD wakes up 6:30-7ish and takes a morning nap around 8:30/9 for about an hour.  Then, she takes another nap around 12 or so for about 2 hours.  She then takes a shorter 45minute-1 hour nap around 4:30 and has her last meal at 7 followed by bed.

• image Justinlove:

My DD wakes up 6:307ish and takes a morning nap around 8:30/9 for about an hour.nbsp; Then, she takes another nap around 12 or so for about 2 hours.nbsp; She then takes a shorter 45minute1 hour nap around 4:30 and has her last meal at 7 followed by bed.

This is the exact same schedule my little one has herself on! But she doesn't sttn.. She is up about 1030 , 330 and 615

Edit:
    Ps I have no idea if it will help pushing back bedtime.. We always try and have little one play before her bed time routine so she is tired... She always eats more before she starts her routine too every 2 hours like she is storing up for hibernation hehehe .. I guess my question is how does your little one sleep at night?
  • We actually started keeping DS up until 9pm every night and since we did that he's been STTN until 6am every night. It made a huge difference for us. Everyone says don't let them nap after 4pm but DS takes about an hour nap around 5pm and he still goes down well at 9 each night. I say try it and see how it goes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image pnwlover:
    image Justinlove:
    My DD wakes up 6:307ish and takes a morning nap around 8:30/9 for about an hour.nbsp; Then, she takes another nap around 12 or so for about 2 hours.nbsp; She then takes a shorter 45minute1 hour nap around 4:30 and has her last meal at 7 followed by bed.
    This is the exact same schedule my little one has herself on! But she doesn't sttn.. She is up about 1030 , 330 and 615 Edit: Ps I have no idea if it will help pushing back bedtime.. We always try and have little one play before her bed time routine so she is tired... She always eats more before she starts her routine too every 2 hours like she is storing up for hibernation hehehe .. I guess my question is how does your little one sleep at night?

Oh, we aren't sleeping through the night yet.  Sometimes she wakes around 11:30, but like clockwork, she wakes at 3:00.  Luckily, she eats and goes right back down.

• She usually wakes 6-630am, takes a 45 min - one hour nap around 730am, 1030am, 1pm, and 330pm, then bed 6-630pm.

When she's been waking up 45-1hr after going to bed for the night, she'll go back to sleep with a little rocking and sleep until around midnight when she eats, so she's definitely tired.