February 2014 Moms

*~*~*~February Healthy Mamas Check-In~*~*~*

Welcome to the February Healthy Mamas Check-in! This check-in is dedicated to cheering each other on and keeping ourselves health conscious throughout our pregnancies with healthy diets and exercise for the benefit of both us and our LOs. We'll be checking in on Mondays and Wednesdays with an accountability check-in on Fridays.
If today is your first time joining us, give us a brief intro with your responses so we can get to know you. Welcome! 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Let's hear it!

How far along are you?

The good:

The bad:

The plan:

Symptoms:

Upcoming Milestones/Appointments:

QOTD: What's your favorite holiday? What do you love about it? Do you have any special traditions attached to that holiday? 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Remember, everyone has bad days. Don't let a bad day yesterday ruin what could be a great day today!

TTC #1 since 09.2009

BFP #1 01.17.11 * Heard HB 02.10.11 * MMC * D&C 02.21.11 @ 8w

BFP #2 05.29.11 * Heard HB 06.15.11 * MMC * D&C 06.24.11 @ 7w5d

BFP #3 05.26.13 * EDD 02.04.14 * DD born 01.31.14

image   image 

Re: *~*~*~February Healthy Mamas Check-In~*~*~*

• How far along are you? 8w6d

The good: I haven't gained any weight yet - Still down 3lbs from my BFP (which I'm pretty sure came right off due to the lack of wine consumption)

The bad: I had to try to find a dress to wear to a wedding Saturday. Yikes, my @ss is ginormous - And that has nothing to do with Pickle! Belly is big, too, but I can't blame it on the LO... That started well before the BFP. :P

The plan: Start the squat challenge today and try to get onto the elliptical whenever I can. Going to look for some good yoga and prenatal DVDs if anyone has suggestions!

Symptoms: Ridiculously nauseas all day (this constant rain in Jersey is NOT helping), absolutely exhausted

Upcoming Milestones/Appointments: We told our parents yesterday and they are so excited! I think my MIL might get a call from the church by the end of the week asking her to please leave some candles for the other parishioners to light. We have our first u/s with our OBGYN (after graduating from our RE) at 2p today - Can't wait to see her!

QOTD: What's your favorite holiday? What do you love about it? Do you have any special traditions attached to that holiday? I have always been obsessed with Christmas. I'm the looney tune who tries to convince her DH the tree needs to go up halfway through November "before the holidays get too crazy." I love the decorations (I admit a big draw to the house we bought was how I envisioned decorating it for Christmas), the music, buying people gifts, all of it! We host an annual Christmas party for all of our friends every year, highlighted by the Terrible Presents Gift Exchange. Gifts have ranged from blowup dolls to horrible 80s-looking airbrushed t-shirts to bacon flavored lollipops. So much fun! :)

TTC #1 since 09.2009

image   image 

• Hi!  This is my first post! 

How far along are you? 
    I'm six weeks yesterday. 

The good:  I'm very happy, my husband is being wonderful, so is my mom.

The bad:I'm nauseous, vomiting, diarrhea, spotting (checked with doctor - no problem!), moody, exhausted, and have a migraine for which I can't take medicine.  Just wanted to vent.  Happy though! 

The plan:  Get a massage for the migraine and neck pain, stay home from work.

Symptoms: see above

Upcoming Milestones/Appointments: ultrasound next monday!!!

QOTD: What's your favorite holiday? What do you love about it? Do you have any special traditions attached to that holiday?   Passover.  Lots of family and singing.

• How far along are you? 8 weeks today!

The good: Told our immediate families this weekend that we're expecting, so exciting to finally share the news! We put them on lockdown though until after the first appt, so my MIL is having a hard time not sharing :S

The bad: Still have 12 days until my first appointment. I'm so nervous, hoping the baby is okay in there!

The plan: Get more structured with my exercise. It seems like I putter around the house when I get off work and I walked a bunch this weekend, but I was running before the pregnancy and I haven't been able to since June 8, with my hectic work/life schedule. Worried that picking it back up will not be good, I'm going to switch to run/walks for a bit I guess. It's so darn HOT this week though, no gym around my house (an hour away) so I may be stuck with walking for a while yet.

Symptoms: Sore boobs, tired but not exhausted, slight nausea if I go too long without eating or eat too much at once (it's a fine line)

Upcoming Milestones/Appointments: July 12 is first appt, at 12:45 in the afternoon. They asked if I wanted a 7 a.m. appt when I first made it, I declined but now I'm thinking I should have taken it - waiting half a day through work is going to be agony!

QOTD: What's your favorite holiday? What do you love about it? Do you have any special traditions attached to that holiday? I LOVE Christmas - so excited for this year especially, my favorite aunt and uncle are coming from CA and we only see them every other Christmas. I love the family, the decorations, giving presents, and the music. EVERYTHING! My favorite tradition was waking up Christmas morning and opening presents with everyone in my family. This has been altered a bit due to adding in DH's family traditions, but at least every other year I still get my present opening fix at my parent's house. I'll be 33 weeks pregnant that week, so I'm hoping to be able to enjoy all of the food and festivities without being TOO huge and uncomfortable :)

• image DaisyPleasant:

Hi!  This is my first post! 

How far along are you? 
    I'm six weeks yesterday. 

The good:  I'm very happy, my husband is being wonderful, so is my mom.

The bad:I'm nauseous, vomiting, diarrhea, spotting (checked with doctor - no problem!), moody, exhausted, and have a migraine for which I can't take medicine.  Just wanted to vent.  Happy though! 

The plan:  Get a massage for the migraine and neck pain, stay home from work.

Symptoms: see above

Upcoming Milestones/Appointments: ultrasound next monday!!!

QOTD: What's your favorite holiday? What do you love about it? Do you have any special traditions attached to that holiday?   Passover.  Lots of family and singing.

Welcome to the board and the check-in! I'm sorry you're having such a tough time with the symptoms. Hopefully you'll be able to find relief. We'll be looking forward to hearing about your u/s! 

TTC #1 since 09.2009

image   image 

• image et170322:

How far along are you? 8 weeks today!

The good: Told our immediate families this weekend that we're expecting, so exciting to finally share the news! We put them on lockdown though until after the first appt, so my MIL is having a hard time not sharing :S

The bad: Still have 12 days until my first appointment. I'm so nervous, hoping the baby is okay in there!

The plan: Get more structured with my exercise. It seems like I putter around the house when I get off work and I walked a bunch this weekend, but I was running before the pregnancy and I haven't been able to since June 8, with my hectic work/life schedule. Worried that picking it back up will not be good, I'm going to switch to run/walks for a bit I guess. It's so darn HOT this week though, no gym around my house (an hour away) so I may be stuck with walking for a while yet.

Symptoms: Sore boobs, tired but not exhausted, slight nausea if I go too long without eating or eat too much at once (it's a fine line)

Upcoming Milestones/Appointments: July 12 is first appt, at 12:45 in the afternoon. They asked if I wanted a 7 a.m. appt when I first made it, I declined but now I'm thinking I should have taken it - waiting half a day through work is going to be agony!

QOTD: What's your favorite holiday? What do you love about it? Do you have any special traditions attached to that holiday? I LOVE Christmas - so excited for this year especially, my favorite aunt and uncle are coming from CA and we only see them every other Christmas. I love the family, the decorations, giving presents, and the music. EVERYTHING! My favorite tradition was waking up Christmas morning and opening presents with everyone in my family. This has been altered a bit due to adding in DH's family traditions, but at least every other year I still get my present opening fix at my parent's house. I'll be 33 weeks pregnant that week, so I'm hoping to be able to enjoy all of the food and festivities without being TOO huge and uncomfortable :)

I'm sure you can get the structure you're looking for with exercise - Don't worry about running if you think it's too much, especially in the heat. Walking is great exercise, too! Will be looking forward to hearing how you're keeping up!

TTC #1 since 09.2009

image   image 

• OTMFLOTMFL
    250 Answers 500 Love Its 1000 Comments First Anniversary

How far along are you? 7w 6d - too lazy to update ticker

The good: Eating a lot of fruit.  I'm sticking with the exercise. 

The bad: A bagel here, chips there, nothing too crazy, actually.  Although right now I'm really craving smores bars that somebody posted on my FB. 

The plan: I'm going to try to increase my cardio this week with a little more biking. 

Symptoms: Nausea, heartburn, insomnia.

Upcoming Milestones/Appointments: 1 week from today I have our 2nd viability US

QOTD: What's your favorite holiday? What do you love about it? Do you have any special traditions attached to that holiday? 

I love Christmas.  I love the carols, the decorations, family hanging out together, cookies, people getting excited opening their presents - everything.  Nothing really special.  Christmas eve we have an easy dinner and the kids open one present.  Christmas day we open up presents, then we have brunch and a big dinner. I love that we don't run all over.  We stay at one house.  I might need a little assistance hosting this year. 

Me: 40, DH: 33.  TFAS since 11/12. BFP 5/31/13. 

Our little guy is 3 and is a big brother!

• OTMFLOTMFL
    250 Answers 500 Love Its 1000 Comments First Anniversary
    image SgrRay929:

I'm the looney tune who tries to convince her DH the tree needs to go up halfway through November "before the holidays get too crazy."

I'm with you!  Last year, though, we put it up the weekend after Thanksgiving and it was like the Charlie Brown Christmas tree by the time Christmas rolled around.  It was so sad!

Me: 40, DH: 33.  TFAS since 11/12. BFP 5/31/13. 

Our little guy is 3 and is a big brother!

• image OTMFL:

How far along are you? 7w 6d - too lazy to update ticker

The good: Eating a lot of fruit.  I'm sticking with the exercise. 

The bad: A bagel here, chips there, nothing too crazy, actually.  Although right now I'm really craving smores bars that somebody posted on my FB. 

The plan: I'm going to try to increase my cardio this week with a little more biking. 

Symptoms: Nausea, heartburn, insomnia.

Upcoming Milestones/Appointments: 1 week from today I have our 2nd viability US

I love Christmas.  I love the carols, the decorations, family hanging out together, cookies, people getting excited opening their presents - everything.  Nothing really special.  Christmas eve we have an easy dinner and the kids open one present.  Christmas day we open up presents, then we have brunch and a big dinner. I love that we don't run all over.  We stay at one house.  I might need a little assistance hosting this year. 

Have you found the fruit is helping your nausea? More sour fruits help with mine a bit. However, I don't have any in the house so I got a nice, sour, raspberry lime coolatta from DD this morning, which is totally the same thing. I'm glad you're at a point where you're comfortable increasing your cardio - Keep it up!!

TTC #1 since 09.2009

image   image 

• image OTMFL:
    image SgrRay929:

I'm the looney tune who tries to convince her DH the tree needs to go up halfway through November "before the holidays get too crazy."

I'm with you!  Last year, though, we put it up the weekend after Thanksgiving and it was like the Charlie Brown Christmas tree by the time Christmas rolled around.  It was so sad!

This is why I love my beautiful artificial tree. We always had a real tree growing up, but now there's no needles to clean, no water for my dogs to drink, no fire hazard, it can stay up as long as I want (which is typically WAY too long for sane people), and my Yankee candles all over the house make it smell like there's a real tree! :) 

TTC #1 since 09.2009

image   image 

• How far along: 6w6d!

The good: we got to hear the baby's heartbeat last week. since we're first time parents, it was very exciting! I started off doing so well with drinking water and eating very healthy.

The bad: everything else, haha. I haven't been eating as great because of the all day nausea. I'm dying to make that eggless cookie dough someone posted yesterday.

The plan: to start forcing down more water and hopefully start meal planning. it's just so hard when everything makes me wanna barf.

Symptoms: constant nausea and starting to get much more tired. still on Endometrin so I'm moody as all hell and feel like I'm going to have a breakdown because I'm not comfortable and feel like crap.

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday night is our 7w ultrasound and last one with our RE before we're released to my regular OB. I can't wait!!!

QOTD: Christmas is my favorite holiday because of the traditions. I LOVE holiday traditions!! we always have a big family get together before Christmas with our family, I have a huge family, and we make crafts. sounds dumb but it's amazing and goes wayyy back from when we were little. long story how it got started so I'll spare you haha. then Xmas Eve we go to mass at my cousin's church to see my youngest cousins in their nativity play. Christmas Day is presents and food and so much fun at my parents with my siblings and we recently started seeing my DH's family that afternoon. the day after Xmas is at my aunt's house. I love all of the family time and happiness!!
  • How far along are you?  7w, 5days, although that could change tomorrow as my appt. 

The good:  Been eating well for the most part.  Took walks this weekend when I could. 

The bad:  Very much addicted to homemade rice krispy treats right now. 

The plan:  Hopefully the weather will cooperate and not be so hot and humid.  I can take more walks then.  Looking forward to starting prenatal yoga in a few weeks. 

Symptoms:  Exhausted, some vomiting.  Crazy crazy dreams.  And I have no motivation to work right now.

Upcoming Milestones/Appointments:  Tomorrow!  Not sure if it will entail an u/s though.  Hopefully!

QOTD: What's your favorite holiday? What do you love about it? Do you have any special traditions attached to that holiday?   I am also a Xmas/winter lover.  DH teases me that every year I find more stuff to fill our house with for the holidays.  I love the nostalgic feeling I get around fall/winter...best times of my life were around that time!  This year will be the first year for some traditions now that DS is older-first time at the pumpkin patch, seeing santa.   I can't wait!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image Rach521:
    How far along: 6w6d! The good: we got to hear the baby's heartbeat last week. since we're first time parents, it was very exciting! I started off doing so well with drinking water and eating very healthy. The bad: everything else, haha. I haven't been eating as great because of the all day nausea. I'm dying to make that eggless cookie dough someone posted yesterday. The plan: to start forcing down more water and hopefully start meal planning. it's just so hard when everything makes me wanna barf. Symptoms: constant nausea and starting to get much more tired. still on Endometrin so I'm moody as all hell and feel like I'm going to have a breakdown because I'm not comfortable and feel like crap. Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday night is our 7w ultrasound and last one with our RE before we're released to my regular OB. I can't wait!!! QOTD: Christmas is my favorite holiday because of the traditions. I LOVE holiday traditions!! we always have a big family get together before Christmas with our family, I have a huge family, and we make crafts. sounds dumb but it's amazing and goes wayyy back from when we were little. long story how it got started so I'll spare you haha. then Xmas Eve we go to mass at my cousin's church to see my youngest cousins in their nativity play. Christmas Day is presents and food and so much fun at my parents with my siblings and we recently started seeing my DH's family that afternoon. the day after Xmas is at my aunt's house. I love all of the family time and happiness!!

Congrats on getting set to graduate from the RE - It's a great feeling! Don't stress too much about eating bad food while you're nauseas - Just trying to eat something is difficult enough when you're dealing with that!! 

TTC #1 since 09.2009

image   image 

• SgrRay-the Terrible Present Exchange sounds like a brilliant idea!!  Nothing flavored with bacon is ever terrible though lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image rebecca4980:
    How far along are you?  7w, 5days, although that could change tomorrow as my appt. 

The good:  Been eating well for the most part.  Took walks this weekend when I could. 

The plan:  Hopefully the weather will cooperate and not be so hot and humid.  I can take more walks then.  Looking forward to starting prenatal yoga in a few weeks. 

Symptoms:  Exhausted, some vomiting.  Crazy crazy dreams.  And I have no motivation to work right now.

Upcoming Milestones/Appointments:  Tomorrow!  Not sure if it will entail an u/s though.  Hopefully!

QOTD: What's your favorite holiday? What do you love about it? Do you have any special traditions attached to that holiday?   I am also a Xmas/winter lover.  DH teases me that every year I find more stuff to fill our house with for the holidays.  I love the nostalgic feeling I get around fall/winter...best times of my life were around that time!  This year will be the first year for some traditions now that DS is older-first time at the pumpkin patch, seeing santa.   I can't wait!!!

I hope that, with as far along as you are, they'll do an u/s for you tomorrow - FX! Your rice krispy treat comment reminded me that I bought the ingredients to make them myself, except I'll be dipping the tops in caramel and topping it with sea salt. How's that for a healthy mama plan? ;) Good luck tomorrow! 

TTC #1 since 09.2009

image   image 

• image rebecca4980:
    SgrRay-the Terrible Present Exchange sounds like a brilliant idea!!  Nothing flavored with bacon is ever terrible though lol

It's really funny... Every gift gets a numbered tag and everyone picks a number from a stocking. We don't do gift stealing because it makes me panic - I get weird anxiety like that! Some of the gifts return every year and get passed around, which makes for a funny tradition. :) 

TTC #1 since 09.2009

image   image 

• How far along are you? 6w2dThe good: Been exercising at home with DVDs and ran 2 miles at the gym, woohoo! I'm still eating a lot, but choosing healthier snacksThe bad: I definitely still eat some things I shouldn't. I tend to give into cravings, but at least it's usually just a one time thing and it's done. The plan: Go to the gym tomorrow evening (we will see how tired I am, this is my first week back to work after 4 weeks off!)Symptoms: Nausea started today, of all days! I've been home for 4 weeks, and the day I go back to work, I'm nauseous! Oh well, I guess it's a little reassuring that things are still cooking in there! Also fatigue and hunger/bloating (it's like it goes back and forth)Upcoming Milestones/Appointments: Still waiting for that first appt next Wed, 7/10!QOTD: What's your favorite holiday? What do you love about it? Do you have any special traditions attached to that holiday?  Favorite holiday is definitely Christmas! I, too, love everything about it! We always decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving (and start listening to Christmas music then, if not a little sooner!) One tradition we started when we had DS was to open one present on Christmas Eve - it's always new jammies. Another tradition we started with DS last year is I got him one of those Advent houses with all the little doors. I put a small treat (like a chocolate chip or mini marshmallow) in each door, plus a slip of paper with a fun Christmas activity for us to do that day. It was so much fun and he loved opening the door everyday! Every morning after breakfast, he would say "what are we doing today?!" and run over to open the door! 
    F14 August Siggy Challenge: Rainbows and Unicorns
    Lisa Frank Style

• 8w 1d

The good: I've been drinking lots of water and have started craving some healthier items like veggies and hummus.

The bad: I'm still eating a lot of carbs, sometimes they are the only thing that helps my nausea.

The plan: Keep up with water drinking, walking and streches. Try to eat healthier foods.

My first appointment is today at 3:30. I didn't make it to an appt last time so I'm pretty nervous.

I love thanksgiving. My whe family comes up and we spend the day cooking, drinking and watching football.

BFP #1 2/1/13  m/c 2/8/13
    BFP #2 5/31/13 EDD 2/9/14 E born 1/2/14 at 34+4

All AL welcome.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Everyone is Welcome
  • image ramfan05:

How far along are you? 6w2d

The good: Been exercising at home with DVDs and ran 2 miles at the gym, woohoo! I'm still eating a lot, but choosing healthier snacks

The bad: I definitely still eat some things I shouldn't. I tend to give into cravings, but at least it's usually just a one time thing and it's done. 

The plan: Go to the gym tomorrow evening (we will see how tired I am, this is my first week back to work after 4 weeks off!)

Symptoms: Nausea started today, of all days! I've been home for 4 weeks, and the day I go back to work, I'm nauseous! Oh well, I guess it's a little reassuring that things are still cooking in there! Also fatigue and hunger/bloating (it's like it goes back and forth)

Upcoming Milestones/Appointments: Still waiting for that first appt next Wed, 7/10!

QOTD: What's your favorite holiday? What do you love about it? Do you have any special traditions attached to that holiday?  Favorite holiday is definitely Christmas! I, too, love everything about it! We always decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving (and start listening to Christmas music then, if not a little sooner!) One tradition we started when we had DS was to open one present on Christmas Eve - it's always new jammies. Another tradition we started with DS last year is I got him one of those Advent houses with all the little doors. I put a small treat (like a chocolate chip or mini marshmallow) in each door, plus a slip of paper with a fun Christmas activity for us to do that day. It was so much fun and he loved opening the door everyday! Every morning after breakfast, he would say "what are we doing today?!" and run over to open the door! 

Check you out with the exercise and good food choices! Keep up the good work! Which DVDs are you doing? I'm ordering some today so I'm polling everyone! :) PS - I LOVE the advent calendar with activities. How cute that DS gets so excited about it!

TTC #1 since 09.2009

image   image 

• image bepandnick:
    8w 1d The good: I've been drinking lots of water and have started craving some healthier items like veggies and hummus. The bad: I'm still eating a lot of carbs, sometimes they are the only thing that helps my nausea. The plan: Keep up with water drinking, walking and streches. Try to eat healthier foods. My first appointment is today at 3:30. I didn't make it to an appt last time so I'm pretty nervous. I love thanksgiving. My whe family comes up and we spend the day cooking, drinking and watching football.

Veggies with hummus is a great option - One of my favorites! Good luck with your appointment today... I'll be thinking about you and we'll be looking forward to hearing how it went!! 

TTC #1 since 09.2009

image   image 

• elf828elf828
    250 Answers 2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its

Happy Monday!

How far along are you? 8 weeks 6 days 

The good: Last week I made it to the gym 3 times and I think this week I can do at least 4.  I bought a TON of fruit at the store yesterday and have some good dinners planned.

The bad: I think I ate one vegetable this entire weekend.  So by the time Sunday night rolled around I felt AWFUL - all bloaty and gross.  Definitely reinforced the importance of healthy eating!

The plan: Actually eat all of the healthy food I bought, and convince myself to go out in the rain and hit the gym (will it ever stop raining in NJ?)

Symptoms: just some breast soreness and tiredness - and DH would tell you extreme moodiness ; )

Upcoming Milestones / Appointments: 10 week appt next Tuesday 

QOTD: Add me to the Christmas list!  We decorate Thanksgiving weekend because DH always wants to.  We get a real tree for our family room and have an artificial one in the living room and I want to get another for our bedroom this year.  I collect nutcrackers and DH gets me a new one for Christmas every year. All the women in my family spend a weekend together in December where we drink wine, make Christmas treats and take the train into the city to see the Nutcracker (we've been doing this since I was a little girl).  We spend Christmas Eve with my family and Christmas Day with DH's family - last year I hosted for the first time and it was super fun - we had about 30 people in my house!  I think I may have to give up hosting this year but we may end up having a Christmas-themed baby shower at my house. 

• How far along are you? I am 5w3d. 

The good: I've worked out almost every day, and I've been sticking to mostly healthy food (with the exception of ice cream last night, but I regretted it - my stomach was NOT happy with me!). 

The bad: I can't stay focused or get any work done! I work from home and all I want to do it do research or clean the house... focusing on editing is out the window right now. 

The plan: I plan on staying up most of tonight to get work done. It's not like I sleep when I go to bed, anyway...

Symptoms: Nausea, constant headaches, back pain, and I want to cut my boobs off. Oh and don't forget the gas! I'm having some major food aversions, and some food that previously wasn't appealing to me (or wasn't my fav), I now can't get enough of. Like I have been putting pineapple on everything!

Upcoming Milestones/Appointments: My first (8 week) ultrasound is on July 16! I can't wait!

QOTD: What's your favorite holiday? What do you love about it? Do you have any special traditions attached to that holiday? I love Christmas. It's always been my favorite. I love snow, and I love when family is together, and the movies and traditions... I don't know. I just think Christmas is magical. 

Feb 14 Siggy Challenge: Unicorns and Rainbows
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• image elf828:

Happy Monday!

How far along are you? 8 weeks 6 days 

The good: Last week I made it to the gym 3 times and I think this week I can do at least 4.  I bought a TON of fruit at the store yesterday and have some good dinners planned.

The bad: I think I ate one vegetable this entire weekend.  So by the time Sunday night rolled around I felt AWFUL - all bloaty and gross.  Definitely reinforced the importance of healthy eating!

The plan: Actually eat all of the healthy food I bought, and convince myself to go out in the rain and hit the gym (will it ever stop raining in NJ?)

Symptoms: just some breast soreness and tiredness - and DH would tell you extreme moodiness ; )

Upcoming Milestones / Appointments: 10 week appt next Tuesday 

QOTD: Add me to the Christmas list!  We decorate Thanksgiving weekend because DH always wants to.  We get a real tree for our family room and have an artificial one in the living room and I want to get another for our bedroom this year.  I collect nutcrackers and DH gets me a new one for Christmas every year. All the women in my family spend a weekend together in December where we drink wine, make Christmas treats and take the train into the city to see the Nutcracker (we've been doing this since I was a little girl).  We spend Christmas Eve with my family and Christmas Day with DH's family - last year I hosted for the first time and it was super fun - we had about 30 people in my house!  I think I may have to give up hosting this year but we may end up having a Christmas-themed baby shower at my house. 

I'm with you - This rain is BRUTAL. And, I'm covered in bug bites because the rain has been driving the bugs out like crazy! Great job getting so much healthy food and setting a plan for the gym. Stick with it - You're doing awesome!!

TTC #1 since 09.2009

image   image 

• image megash113:

How far along are you? I am 5w3d. 

The good: I've worked out almost every day, and I've been sticking to mostly healthy food (with the exception of ice cream last night, but I regretted it - my stomach was NOT happy with me!). 

The bad: I can't stay focused or get any work done! I work from home and all I want to do it do research or clean the house... focusing on editing is out the window right now. 

The plan: I plan on staying up most of tonight to get work done. It's not like I sleep when I go to bed, anyway...

Symptoms: Nausea, constant headaches, back pain, and I want to cut my boobs off. Oh and don't forget the gas! I'm having some major food aversions, and some food that previously wasn't appealing to me (or wasn't my fav), I now can't get enough of. Like I have been putting pineapple on everything!

Upcoming Milestones/Appointments: My first (8 week) ultrasound is on July 16! I can't wait!

QOTD: What's your favorite holiday? What do you love about it? Do you have any special traditions attached to that holiday? I love Christmas. It's always been my favorite. I love snow, and I love when family is together, and the movies and traditions... I don't know. I just think Christmas is magical. 

It sounds like you've got a solid plan in place for exercise and healthy eating - I hope you can stick with it! It's definitely not easy during the first trimester! I've been having severe gas pains, also - If you haven't tried Gas-X yet, I recommend picking it up. Safe during pregnancy and has been really helping! :)

TTC #1 since 09.2009

image   image 

• How far along are you? At my ultrasound Friday they said about 7 weeks, still don't have an actual EDD though

The good: We told my parents Saturday and they are really happy for us! My mom has a tendency to finds the negative ALL.THE.TIME. so I was prepared for something less than happy.

The bad: My 30lb toddler jumped onto my lower stomach Friday night and I've been super worried since then. Eveythig is probably fine but I still can't wait to go back and hear my little fish stick's heartbeat again. Also, already things are starting to not fit =/

The plan: keep eating healthy snacks rather than cookies and brownies, also gotta go through DS's clothes and see what is still useable while I have the ambition

Symptoms: always slightly nauseous, clumsy and dropping things a lot more lately.

Upcoming Milestones/Appointments: Official intake appointment this afternoon

QOTD: What's your favorite holiday? What do you love about it? Do you have any special traditions attached to that holiday?  Christmas Eve, my mom's family alwasy has a big Polish dinner and the whole family is there. It was better when my grandma was still alive, its lost a little magic in the last 2 years. But it still reminds me of her.

• How far along are you? 10 w 4 d

The good: haha I went on a walk yesterday

The bad: I have been living on chocolate chip cookies

The plan: try to eat healthy and work out

Symptoms: tired

Upcoming Milestones/Appointments: appointment tomorrow and Wednesday I should have a real due date

QOTD: What's your favorite holiday? What do you love about it? Do you have any special traditions attached to that holiday? Christmas I I love cooking for the holidays we video tape opening presents its nice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Furbabies Hayley and Charlie~Kayden~Angels Lucas, Serena, and Ana
    BFP#2 (5/27/2013) - EDD (2/3/2014) - Twins - MMC 7/3/2013 - D&C 7/12/2013
    BFP#3 (9/24/2013) - EDD (6/7/2014) - Natural MC (10/5/2013)
    BFP#4 (12/24/2013) - EDD (9/6/2014) - Baby Girl Born (8/16/2014)
    Beta #1 51 11 dpo ~ Beta#2 450 15 dpo ~ Beta #3 1445 18 dpo

GIFSoup

• image SgrRay929:

Check you out with the exercise and good food choices! Keep up the good work! Which DVDs are you doing? I'm ordering some today so I'm polling everyone! :) PS - I LOVE the advent calendar with activities. How cute that DS gets so excited about it!

I've been doing one by Parents (the magazine) that is Prenatal Yoga and Pilates (it's a combo workout of the 2, not two separate workouts). It's an hour, but I really like to do it when I have the time for it. I also got a set of four discs from Target (just called Prenatal Fitness or something like that) that has one disc for each trimester, and one for after. It is a combo of cardio and weights. I did it once so far, it was pretty good, I thought. Easy to modify if needed. I have back problems, too, and had surgery last year (I'm pretty sure the same one I saw you had in your siggy?? discectomy??) and need to be able to modify exercises when it's something that bothers me or I know I can't handle.

I'm also getting a Crunch Prenatal Yoga DVD from the library to try out. We'll see how it goes! 

F14 August Siggy Challenge: Rainbows and Unicorns
    Lisa Frank Style

• How far along are you? 6 weeks 2 days according to date of my LMP

The good: I've been drinking a lot of water! And my food choices have been healthy with not too many cravings for bad stuff.

The bad: I caved on Saturday and got a crunch wrap supreme... It was soooo good, until heart burn set in. I'll think twice next time.

The plan: don't let myself go more than a few hours without eating. Hoefully limiting those crazy cravings.. And hopefully preventing heart burn. Also need to stay consistent with exercising. Even if all I can fit in is a walk around the block. My 19 month old loves walks after dinner.

Symptoms: my symptoms are all over the place.... One minute I feel great the next I have neausea which turns into a headache. And the mood swings are terrible. I've snapped at DH a few times and feel terrible after. I'm working on this too

Upcoming Milestones/Appointments: first appointment is July 10th...

QOTD: What's your favorite holiday? What do you love about it? Do you have any special traditions attached to that holiday? Christmas. Busy holiday because we spend it going from one house to another but I love being able to see family. Traditions: white elephant gift exchange = amazing
  • image SgrRay929:
    image rebecca4980:
    How far along are you?  7w, 5days, although that could change tomorrow as my appt. 

The plan: 
    Hopefully the weather will cooperate and not be so hot and humid.  I
    can take more walks then.  Looking forward to starting prenatal yoga in a
    few weeks. 

I am also a Xmas/winter lover.  DH teases me that every year I find
    more stuff to fill our house with for the holidays.  I love the
    nostalgic feeling I get around fall/winter...best times of my life were
    around that time!  This year will be the first year for some traditions
    now that DS is older-first time at the pumpkin patch, seeing santa.   I
    can't wait!!!

I hope that, with as far along as you are, they'll do an u/s for you tomorrow - FX! Your rice krispy treat comment reminded me that I bought the ingredients to make them myself, except I'll be dipping the tops in caramel and topping it with sea salt. How's that for a healthy mama plan? ;) Good luck tomorrow! 

Oh my god that sounds fantastic!!!! I'm a sucker for anything caramel
  • image SgrRay929:
    image rebecca4980:

I think you are my new BFF.  And thanks!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • this is my first post!

How far along are you?
    6 weeks 3 days

The good:
    Not throwing up, just nausiated in the evenings for about an hour and half. But not on the weekends, which is really strange.

The bad:
    Have not been very motivated lately. Irritated

The plan:
    To get into a walking routine after work and then do some exercises at home like lunges, squats, and arm toning .....starting today!

Symptoms:
    Sore boobs, mild nausea, headaches, tired, bloated,

Upcoming Milestones/Appointment:
    July 3rd is first u/s

Christmas because everyone gets together and I love seeing my family.