June 2013 Moms

First Firecracker!!

Kori Josephine was born on July 1 at 12:36am, 7lbs 13oz, 20in after an all natural labor and birth. She looks like her daddy!

Birth story:
Never had BH contractions that were worth remembering. I was 1cm and 60 percent effaced for 3 weeks prior to my due date. My doctor and doula thought I would go into labor well before my due date. That made me a little impatient. My doctor even stripped my membranes one week before my due date and again on Thursday, the day before my EDD. I was starting to get impatient on Friday but I felt great and just kept moving around a lot. On Saturday around 5pm I felt a vagina lightening bolt and thought WTF! After that they kept coming every 20 minutes or so. Around 6pm I lost my mucus plug. I called my doula and she said to rest and just don't worry about timing them. DH and I were too anxious for that so we kept timing them but we went out to dinner and had a great last meal then came home and went to bed. Around 1am on Sunday it became hard to sleep through the contractions. We started timing them and were at 6 minutes apart by 9am. I was so excited because I knew that meant the baby was coming in the next few hours. I was so wrong about that. My doula kept insisting we stay home and try to relax. I passed time through contractions by sitting in my tub in warm water, watching Sex and The City, Eddie Murphy Raw and Kevin Heart's Laugh at My Pain on Netflix. I breathed deeply and hummed a song with O sounds to get through the contractions. They lasted 12 minutes long most of the time. By 6pm when I was closer to 3 minutes apart my doula agreed to come over and check me. She doubted I was very far along. She told me I could be at that stage for days. At 8pm when she checked me, I was at 6cm! Woohoo! We started getting ready to go to the hospital. Upon arrival I was 8cm dilated and I progressed to 9cm quickly. My doctor broke my water and I progressed to 10 quickly. Those last few contractions were STRONG! I had been so prepared for a natural birth but I hadn't thought about pushing much and I started to get a little scared. Next thing I knew, my body started pushing on its own. I yelled to my doctor, "I'm pushing!" LOL DH came by my head and counted loud in my ear to guide me through pushing and told me encouraging words. [Sidenote originally he said he didn't want to be in the delivery room at all but he was awesome!] Some nurses held my feet. After 4 pushes, my little girl was handed to me for skin to skin and I fell in love!
~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
imageimage
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: First Firecracker!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"