September 2013 Moms

heartburn

I've never had heartburn in my life and the last 2 nights I've been up with it. It's horrible! What helps and is okay to take while pregnant!?? 

imageimage

Re: heartburn

• I always carry Tums. I get them in bulk from Sams Club. Good luck!! Mine hasn't gotten serious enough for Prevacid. I am fairly certain that is safe as well.
    Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• My OB said pepcid!

tums doesn't do squat for me. it helps as I swallow it and until the next time I drink (or swallow enough spit) then it goes right back to disgusting taste at the back of my mouth and burning feeling 

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks! Tums don't seem to be doing anything for me :( 

imageimage

• My doc said Maalox and another OTC med, can't remember which. I tracked my diet and have found chocolate and sometimes tomato based foods are the culprits. I've been eliminating chocolate or eating in smaller moderations chased by tums and am also having a glass of milk before bed. So far it has made the heartburn more tolerable. Good luck!
  • my OB said Pepcid as well...but I have started having a milkshake just before bed...it helps more than the pepcidWink
  • geek73geek73 member
    My doc said Prevacid is fine.  I have been using it for about 6 weeks now. It has helped so so much.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks everyone... I went and picked up all of your suggestions :)  Including a milkshake.

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"