July 2013 Moms

Where are all my baby wearers!!!

So I'm addicted already and my baby is not even here. I made my first wrap today, it was so fun. To all of you experienced baby wearers, do you have any tips? Especially wearing in the summer, and what about leg positions? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Where are all my baby wearers!!!

• * Lurking *

Gauze wraps worked wonderful for DS in the summer.. he is a heatbox, so anything heavier just made us both sweat like crazy.. early on, froggy position is best for them.. but, before 3 months, DS preferred legs out.  I've never made my own wrap, but kudos for you on doing so!

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • I prefer slings for the newborn period. I splurged on a nice linen one from Sakura bloom that should arrive today. After a few weeks I like gauze and woven wraps for longer BW, but still use the long for quick trips. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Kudos to you for making one! I'm trying to decide whether to splurge on a gauze wrap for the heat of the summer or just suffer through using a Moby-weight fabric wrap I'm borrowing from a friend...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• I have no idea about wearing in a wrap during the summer, dd was a winter baby. Once she got old enough to be sitting up in the wrap I didn't like how unstable my Moby seemed in any other carry than cradling, and we switched to a soft structured carrier which I love love LOVE.
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I bought a cotton ring sling for DD. I have a hand me down Moby and an Ergo, but the Moby is SO HOT, and she's still too little for the Ergo. That said, I wasn't expecting to love the sling, but I do! It's great, and so easy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"