February 2013 Moms

S/O weight

I know many of us lament our new mommy and/or BF bodies.

So, where are you really at weight wise, over, under, healthy.

Are you truly overweight or just not happy with the weight you're at?
View Full Size Image
Lilypie - (kxiS)
Lilypie - (BG2d)

Re: S/O weight

• I'm truly very overweight. Not sure of the exact number, but even my largest clothes, from an "overweight" BMI are nowhere near fitting. I'm well into the obese category.

That said, BMI has never been a great indicator for me. I was wearing between size 4 and 6 in pants and still a hair into the overweight category, so my goal is the high end of healthy. At  my skinniest (size 4 pants) I cannot touch my thumb and forefinger around my wrist, so I am considered larger framed. And I had a 34E chest at my skinniest, which also ads weight and affects BMI.

image image Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 5 ft 3 in and 227 lbs - so truly, truly overweight. :)  I want to get to around 140.  I felt good and looked good at that weight and I think I could maintain it if I ever get there.  Junk food is too much of my friend, although I've quit buying it!  And I don't ever exercise. ever.  I used to never stop moving and had ballet five days a week in hs/college.  When I quit dance, I gained quickly.  Oooh, ETA: My size J/K breasts hold some of this weight! Good god.  They used to be a B, maybe C cup!  And they get bigger with every kid!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm 5 feet 5 inches and 152. I have about 10 lbs to lose to be back in the healthy BMI range. I tend to feel my best between 135 and 140. I've learned over the years that anything less then that takes a very restrictive diet to maintain and isn't healthy for me.

I am trying to set a good example for my girls and not complain about my body. I am confident I will lose the weight after weaning like I did with DD1. I want my girls to grow up confident in their minds and bodies. I don't want them to constantly obsess about 5 or 10 vanity pounds. As long as they are healthy that's all that matters.
    View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (kxiS)
    Lilypie - (BG2d)
  • image pitterpatter129:
    5 ft 3 in and 227 lbs so truly, truly overweight. :nbsp; I want to get to around 140.nbsp; I felt good and looked good at that weight and I think I could maintain it if I ever get there.nbsp; Junk food is too much of my friend, although I've quit buying it!nbsp; And I don't ever exercise. ever.nbsp; I used to never stop moving and had ballet five days a week in hs/college.nbsp; When I quit dance, I gained quickly.nbsp; Oooh, ETA: My size J/K breasts hold some of this weight! Good god.nbsp; They used to be a B, maybe C cup!nbsp; And they get bigger with every kid! nbsp;nbsp;

I've known so many people who were extremely active when they were younger and are obese now. I'm guessing it is that you can eat so many calories when you are that active and it is hard to change eating habits when you are no longer burning those large amounts of calories? I'm talking rail thin cross country runners who are now 400 pounds.
    View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (kxiS)
    Lilypie - (BG2d)
  • I just reached pre-pregnancy weight today! So I celebrated by eating a burger topped with bacon, fried pickles and extra cheese...and a side of sweet potato fries. So I'm probably not at pre-preg weight anymore. Ha! But it was so worth it!

ETA: Realized I didn't answer the whole question. I'm at what I feel to be a healthy weight. 5'3 and 124. Gained 40 lbs during pregnancy. I would like to work on being more toned. While I'm at the same weight, I'm not as fit. 

• image CatieM80:
    I just reached prepregnancy weight today! So I celebrated by eating a burger topped with bacon, fried pickles and extra cheese...and a side of sweet potato fries. So I'm probably not at prepreg weight anymore. Ha! But it was so worth it!

Haha, lately I've decided that if I need to eat to maintain supply then I might as well enjoy it. By this time next year I can't enjoy a cheeseburger and fries without paying for it on the scale.
    View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (kxiS)
    Lilypie - (BG2d)
  • image Teacher Clark:
    image CatieM80:
    I just reached prepregnancy weight today! So I celebrated by eating a burger topped with bacon, fried pickles and extra cheese...and a side of sweet potato fries. So I'm probably not at prepreg weight anymore. Ha! But it was so worth it!
    Haha, lately I've decided that if I need to eat to maintain supply then I might as well enjoy it. By this time next year I can't enjoy a cheeseburger and fries without paying for it on the scale.

Yep! These high calorie meals really do make all the difference in my supply. See, we are really eating these things for the well-being of our children! ;-) 

• I have no idea what I weigh. I don't own a scale because I'd obsess over it. At my 6 week pp apt, I was 3 lbs from prepregnancy weight so I assume I've lost those now. I'm 19 weeks pp now.

My body is TOTALLY different now. I had a c section so my stomach is still lumpy and bigger than before. But I'm EBF and more focused on keeping my supply up than anything. Plus with c section recovery I have to be careful with certain exercises.

All that to say, I'm not happy with my body but its gotten better. And I'll worry about getting back to my old self after I'm done breastfeeding.
    "Sweat is my sanity". Sarah Palin "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised". Proverbs 31:30 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm 5'1" and between 122 and 125 lbs depending on what my old, wonky scale feels like telling me that day. Idk if that's truly overweight, but my personal ideal weight is around 115, give or take. My main issue is aesthetics. I've always carried weight in my belly first, followed by my boobs. I just look awful in my opinion.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm 5 ft 5 and weighing about 170 lbs so I'd say I'm about 25 lbs overweight. I'm comfortable in the 145-150 range. I got down to 140 once but I was unable to maintain it.

I'm not totally unhappy with my weight. I've been this weight before. I'm more unhappy with my shape. My "fat" pants don't even fit. Shorts that were falling off me last summer are waaayyyy too tight in the hips, butt and thighs. So even though I have a tummy pouch, that's not my problem. I've resorted to wearing MH's shorts. Oh well. I'm trying to tone up and just get some cardio in to make myself feel better. I'd also like to not have to buy new clothes to go back to work next school year. 

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm at a healthy weight. I'm 5'5" and seem to be hanging around the 127 to 130 range. I feel my best when I'm between 120 and 125, but I'm so close to that [and I fit back into most of my pre pregnancy clothes] that all I'm really concerned about is eating enough to keep my supply up. Those last couple of pounds should go away eventually, as long as I remember I drop the extra 500 calories a day after DD weans!
  • I am 5'9" weigh 182, so I am technically over weight. While I don't love my size, I am curvy, with a not too big waist so I am very fortunate my weight spreads evenly. Like pp said, I don't think BMi charts are very accurate for me. I have size ten pants that have a little extra room.

I used to think 145 was ideal for me, I now think that may be too skinny.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c Harrison 2/6/12 @ 14weeks
  • I'm 5'8" and was 134 the last time I stepped on the scale which was about 2 months ago. Once I reached pre pregnancy weight I stopped weighing myself because 128 to 134 has always been my ideal weight where I feel the healthiest and didn't want to obsess about losing anymore. Right now I'll do what I have to to be able to breastfeed, even if I need to pack on 20 pounds. I think my BMI is 22 percent if I remember correctly.
    There's definitely days where I grimace at myself in the mirror, but I try to remind myself that as a teenager I always gave myself a hard time about how I should look, and looking at pictures now from when I was 18, I looked great! So I don't want to look back ten years from now remembering how hard I was on my body image, only to realize that I did, in fact, look just fine.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Now I am at a healthy weight under my pre pregnancy wight ... Before I was 137 now I am 120 I am 5"4 .. So I am very happy with my weight although I wouldn't mind being 115...
  • I'm 5ft 4 and at 140 now. My goal is to be 133, which was my pre preg weight. Even with counting calories and working out daily, I was only able to get down to 128 but unable to maintain that, so I consider 133 to be my happy healthy goal weight.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married the love of my life July 2010! TTC since Dec 2011.
    BFP #1: 1/20/12; missed m/c 2/17/12; d&c 3/2/12
    BFP #2: 6/1/12; EDD 2/12/13, DD born 1/5/13 at 34w 5d!
  • image Teacher Clark:
    image pitterpatter129:
    5 ft 3 in and 227 lbs so truly, truly overweight. :nbsp; I want to get to around 140.nbsp; I felt good and looked good at that weight and I think I could maintain it if I ever get there.nbsp; Junk food is too much of my friend, although I've quit buying it!nbsp; And I don't ever exercise. ever.nbsp; I used to never stop moving and had ballet five days a week in hs/college.nbsp; When I quit dance, I gained quickly.nbsp; Oooh, ETA: My size J/K breasts hold some of this weight! Good god.nbsp; They used to be a B, maybe C cup!nbsp; And they get bigger with every kid! nbsp;nbsp;
    I've known so many people who were extremely active when they were younger and are obese now. I'm guessing it is that you can eat so many calories when you are that active and it is hard to change eating habits when you are no longer burning those large amounts of calories? I'm talking rail thin cross country runners who are now 400 pounds.

Actually the problem started in college when I kept getting very ill and my doctor told me I HAD to gain weight!  I started piling in the calories and very quickly was overweight.  My sister is the last thin person in our immediate or extended family.  Every single woman looks exactly alike - not just weight.  So, although certainly not an excuse, it's definitely a genetic predisposition also.  When you get a mindset to gain weight, then it's hard to stop!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm 5'2" and weigh 113 now. I was 105 pre pregnancy. I'm slowly getting there, but with BF I am not too worried about me right now. I've always been on the petite side naturally, but I don't obsess over the actual number on the scale.

I will say that my body just looks different. I don't know how to describe it specifically.....it just does. After my first, I didn't feel like this. I feel like everything from head to toes just isn't the body I remember

Pregnancy Ticker
  • SagenSagen
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper

I am good where I am at. A little flabby in the belly but BFing really helps me slim down. I am 125lb and 5'6'', size 4 and small shirt. Pretty average. I am no where near a super model body, but not what I am aiming for ;)

Mom to 4 cute kids! 9 yo girl 7 yo boy 5 yo boy and new baby boy!image
  • image knickerbockers:

There's definitely days where I grimace at myself in the mirror, but I try to remind myself that as a teenager I always gave myself a hard time about how I should look, and looking at pictures now from when I was 18, I looked great! So I don't want to look back ten years from now remembering how hard I was on my body image, only to realize that I did, in fact, look just fine.

That is so true. I look back at pics from my teens and think how great I looked. Then I look at pics from my 20s and think how great I looked. I know I was hard on myself back then. Maybe at 36 I can like the current me? Actually, I was really happy with my body once I got back into shape after DD1. I'm figuring the same will happen with DD2.
    View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (kxiS)
    Lilypie - (BG2d)
  • I'm 5'7 and about 132 to 135. It's about the same as I was prepregnancy, but I was a lot more fit before. I was very toned and felt good about how I looked. Now I just feel very soft. I can wear all of my old clothes just fine, I'm honestly not even that uncomfortable in a bikini, but I'm just not happy with how I look. When I work out, my supply drops a huge amount, so I'm just trying to keep myself healthy. Ultimately, feeding my baby is far more important than getting my super abs back right now and getting rid of the extra "love" on these handles! I will focus on that when I'm done BFing. Remember ladies, we are all beautiful, no matter our size right now! We've all just had babies and should show ourselves some love! :
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • image Sagen:
    I am good where I am at. A little flabby in the belly but BFing really helps me slim down. I am 125lb and 5'6'', size 4 and small shirt. Pretty average. I am no where near a super model body, but not what I am aiming for ;nbsp;

I was a size 4 once and at 5 feet 5 inches it was not a good look for me. I looked like an Auschwitz poster girl. It was seriously disturbing. At my comfortable weight I'm a size 8 and a size 6 when I'm watching every single thing I eat.
    View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (kxiS)
    Lilypie - (BG2d)
  • I'm 5'5" and hovering around 130lbs give or take 1-2lbs on any given day or week. I EBF so I'm ok with my wt at this point and time, however, my pre preg wt was about 123-125lbs. So I'm definitely hoping to get back to that after I stop BF him. But my body will never be the same. You ladies know what I mean. :-) 

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

• I can't believe I'm about to admit this... But maybe someone will feel better or be able to relate. I was at my heaviest before getting pregnant, 210 and I'm 5'4". I gained 38 pounds in pregnancy but dropped 30 inthe first couple weeks. I felt gross at 218. Now I've gained more and I'm around 223. I can't stand how I look. Huge body and lots of stretch marks. Damn summer.

Anyways, I've always been overweight but my ultimate goal weight would be 135. I feel great at 155 though. I've always been able to drop weight with some effort, but after baby I haven't been able to.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • At 5'4" and 137, I'm about average. Prepreggo, I was about 133, and pre-wedding, about 123. I think I'm most comfortable in the 128-133 range and would love to get back there, but anytime I diet or increase activity a lot, my supply tanks.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image artroyer:
    I can't believe I'm about to admit this... But maybe someone will feel better or be able to relate. I was at my heaviest before getting pregnant, 210 and I'm 5'4". I gained 38 pounds in pregnancy but dropped 30 inthe first couple weeks. I felt gross at 218. Now I've gained more and I'm around 223. I can't stand how I look. Huge body and lots of stretch marks. Damn summer.

Anyways, I've always been overweight but my ultimate goal weight would be 135. I feel great at 155 though. I've always been able to drop weight with some effort, but after baby I haven't been able to.

Hey we all have our struggles, some people's are just more outwardly obvious then others. Often even small changes can work wonders over time. Hang in there mama.
    View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (kxiS)
    Lilypie - (BG2d)
  • I'm 5' 3" and 124 pounds. Before I got pregnant I was more like 128 but wanted to be at 125. I gained 26 pounds during pregnancy. Breast feeding really helped me drop the weight fast; if I'm not eating enough I lose even more and my supply takes a hit.
    I'm happy with my weight now, but not necessarily how I look. I have lots of stretch marks and I can already tell my boobs will be saggy when I'm done nursing. I also have more of a poochy, flabby stomach.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 :)
    BFP #2 on 1/3/14, EDD 9/13/14

• image Runaway22:
    I'm 5'1" and between 122 and 125 lbs depending on what my old, wonky scale feels like telling me that day. Idk if that's truly overweight, but my personal ideal weight is around 115, give or take. My main issue is aesthetics. I've always carried weight in my belly first, followed by my boobs. I just look awful in my opinion.

This is me exactly, except I'm currently around 128lbs.  My pre-preg weight was 121, and I was trying to lose six pounds at the time.  I was 104 in high school, but I was cheerleading five days a week, dancing twice a week, and teaching dance twice a week, on top of a typical high-school-overachiever schedule.  Married weight was 114 and I looked fantastic.  I'd love to get back to there.  I've always had a bit of a tummy no matter how little I weighed...it's very frustrating.

• SagenSagen
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    image Teacher Clark:
    image Sagen:
    I am good where I am at. A little flabby in the belly but BFing really helps me slim down. I am 125lb and 5'6'', size 4 and small shirt. Pretty average. I am no where near a super model body, but not what I am aiming for ;nbsp;

I was a size 4 once and at 5 feet 5 inches it was not a good look for me. I looked like an Auschwitz poster girl. It was seriously disturbing. At my comfortable weight I'm a size 8 and a size 6 when I'm watching every single thing I eat.

To be fair i am only 4 in the places i shop like loft and nyco, some places i am like 7/8. I don't think i look too thin at all, but i think people carry weight differently.
    Mom to 4 cute kids! 9 yo girl 7 yo boy 5 yo boy and new baby boy!image
  • I'm 5'4" 171lbs

Officially overweight.

My pre-preg weight was 183 but was far from what my norm (145-155 lbs) is. I was depressed and stressed and gained the weight from food comforts and little exercise.

Technically 145-155 lbs is still overweight for my height and I am happiest between 130-140. More than that and I start to feel dumpy, less than that and it could trigger my ED.

I have a history of eating disorders so even though my exercise is minimal and my weight is up I still think of myself as "healthy" compared to my past. Especially because I used to eat a bunch of diet foods and now I eat whole food.

I don't seem to have a problem losing close to 2lb/month BF.

• I'm 5'3" and 146lbs. I am 2 lbs more than I was on my wedding day, but 12 lbs more than prepregnancy weight.
    I fit into half of my old wardrobe, but I used to have a flat stomach, I do not anymore!!
    No matter what I do I cannot get below 135 and maintain, so I am aiming for 138. I have always fluctuated between 135 and 155, a size 4 to a 10. I agree with a pp about trying not to give my daughter a bad body image. I vow to love myself, even if its my fat self!
    BabyFruit Ticker