February 2013 Moms

Bumping and nursing

How many of you bump and nurse? PP wrote about their child gazing into their eyes while bottle feeding. I feel guilty that I usually bump while DD nurses. She also tends to sleep while she nurses and always has.
View Full Size Image
Lilypie - (kxiS)
Lilypie - (BG2d)

Re: Bumping and nursing

• I bump and nurse pretty much every single time. DD never looks at me when she nurses so I don't feel guilty. I've even tried making eye contact with her and she couldn't care less that I'm there, lol.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 :)
    BFP #2 on 1/3/14, EDD 9/13/14

• All the time! I also bump and pump!!! In fact, I'm doing it now

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage

Cole Henry                             Quinn

• I assume you mean my comment.  

i always bump and nurse.  When nursing, DS stares right ahead, but he likes to make eye contact and smile at me when I give him bottles. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c Harrison 2/6/12 @ 14weeks
  • When I was nursing I bumped, crushed candy, fb, Pinterest; basically anything. I've now mastered doing it while holding a bottle. Though he's getting really good at bottle holding himself so sometimes I can even answer emails!
  • Me too. This is my bump time.
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • Whew, I feel better. There are so many ways to feel inadequate as a mom....
    View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (kxiS)
    Lilypie - (BG2d)
  • The only time I'm on the bump is when I'm nursing and DS1 is occupied. :)  My kids generally close their eyes while nursing.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Same here. I stare at my phone while nursing. If she looks at me she stops nursing and smiles. Which is always nice.
    Jenny DiLo
  • I bump and nurse. It's kinda hard though because when E is nursing, even though her eyes are closed her arms are still flailing all over the place. Hitting my face, my phone, grabbing and digging her little fingernails into my nipple. Ouch.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• image knickerbockers:
    I bump and nurse. It's kinda hard though because when E is nursing, even though her eyes are closed her arms are still flailing all over the place. Hitting my face, my phone, grabbing and digging her little fingernails into my nipple. Ouch.

This is what DD does too. And she also grabs my hair and yanks on it, which is just delightful.
  • image ericalee27:
    All the time! I also bump and pump!!! In fact, I'm doing it now

I got that bump and pump on lock over here :) 

• Both of my kids have always tended to nurse with their eyes closed.  So I've never felt guilty about bumping while nursing.  Although Rhys does do this ADORABLE thing where he'll pull off, look up at me, and then when I look down at him he gives me this HUGE smile and then goes back to nursing.  I melt, every time.
    Missed m/c discovered 3/15/12 at 8w2d: "Henry."

imageView Full Size Image
    Jack 04/29/10 dairy, egg, peanut and seasonal allergies; Sensory Processing Disorder
    Rhys 01/25/13 Peanut and tree nut allergy, MSPI
    Lilypie - (q2ek) Lilypie - (nqAF)

"We are in Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation.  Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers ON!"

• I usually do too.... But i may have to stop after braining E dropping the phone on his head while he slept last night! oops. Bad mommy!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

• Doing it right now! Also bump and pump at work. 
  • I tend to read while I nurse.. only time I can get it in, and it's one of my favorite things to do!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image knickerbockers:
    I bump and nurse. It's kinda hard though because when E is nursing, even though her eyes are closed her arms are still flailing all over the place. Hitting my face, my phone, grabbing and digging her little fingernails into my nipple. Ouch.

Yesterday morning I was kind of dozing in and out between DH's alarms, and suddenly he goes, "Yes?  What?  Sweetie WHAT DO YOU WANT?"  I said, "Um....nothing?"  And then he realized that Rhys had been tapping him on the shoulder LOL. 

Missed m/c discovered 3/15/12 at 8w2d: "Henry."

imageView Full Size Image
    Jack 04/29/10 dairy, egg, peanut and seasonal allergies; Sensory Processing Disorder
    Rhys 01/25/13 Peanut and tree nut allergy, MSPI
    Lilypie - (q2ek) Lilypie - (nqAF)

"We are in Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation.  Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers ON!"

• image DC2London:
    Both of my kids have always tended to nurse with their eyes closed.  So I've never felt guilty about bumping while nursing.  Although Rhys does do this ADORABLE thing where he'll pull off, look up at me, and then when I look down at him he gives me this HUGE smile and then goes back to nursing.  I melt, every time.

DS does that, too! His very first smile was mid nursing session. In fact, it's a reason to avoid trying to make eye contact when we nurse (if it's not nap or bed time), because he'll just want to play instead.   

Pregnancy Ticker