Pregnant after a Loss

2 and 3 tri ladies: tired

A question for the second and third tri ladies. I'm almost 18 weeks and still tired. Better than first tri but I need a nap every day and am still sleepy. With DD I had super low iron and I wonder if I do again. I see Dr Tuesday. Is this normal?

After 2 losses and secondary infertility our family is now complete!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2 and 3 tri ladies: tired

• To be honest, everyone and every pregnancy is different. There are some women who claim they have loads of energy in their second trimester. There are others who are more tired. I know for me, I'm always tired, that didn't change between first and second trimester. To fight fatigue, try adding physical activity to your daily routine. Of course after your doctor has given you the okay. But usually a good walk or some yoga, swimming in the pool, has helped to keep my energy stable. I do still need a nap now an then though.

Pregnancy%20ticker

Married since September 12th 2011. DH:26 Me:21 +HPT#1: 09/09/2012 EDD: 05/15/2013 MMC: 10/06/2012
    +HPT#2: 01/27/2013 EDD: 10/03/2013 ITS A BOY!!!
  • My energy really didn't pick up until about 20 weeks.  I have more energy now, but there are some days I still get super tired.  I would ask your doctor though.  It doesn't hurt to get your iron levels checked.

TTC since Oct.2010
    Me: 36 w/RSD, atypical PCOS w/IR, LPD and High Prolactin. Controlled HP post-loss.
    DH: 38 w/LowT and borderline morph
    18 cycles, 3 medicated w/RE to get to a BFP!
    EDD 9/7/12, Saw HB @7w3d,missed m/c 1/30 @8w3d, d&c 2/8
    11 AL cycles, 7 medicated with TI, 2 medicated IUIs. All BFFN!
    Moving forward with IVF
    BFP#2 our little cycle break surprise on AL cyle 12! EDD 10/27/13
    Beta #1: 41 Beta #2: 398; perfect u/s 3/11 hb @133bpm
    u/s 3/25 one perfect hb @183 bpm, and possible twin blighted ovum
    adjusted EDD 10/23/13
    MaterniT21 and carrier screens normal. It's a girl!!!
    image imageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    All IF/AL Welcome!
  • Normal for me. I've been exhausted since becoming pregnant and it hasn't really got any better.

I've had my iron levels tested and I'm fine. I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones who will never get that "burst" of energy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I got my energy back around 16 weeks, now at 32 it seems like even the act of getting dressed in the morning makes me tired. I think it's all normal. Every pregnancy is so different it's hard to compare. I hope for your sake you get at least a few weeks of energy. I didn't realize how bad I felt until literally at 16 weeks it was like a light flipped and I felt amazing again.
    BFP#1 10.03.11| Chemical Pregnancy 10.11.11.
    BFP#2 11.13.11| diag@13wks T21/Cystic Hygroma/Hydrops | D&C 1.24.12
    BFP#3 12.13.12| HR 174 | Materni21 - All Chromosomes Normal! | EDD 8.25.13
    BabyFruit Ticker image image
  • Fatigue isn't unusual in pregnancy, even later on. I'm extremely tired all the time. I am anemic though, to the point where I have to start taking a ridiculous amount of iron daily or I will probably end up with a blood transfusion after giving birth. I know that low iron can definitely have an effect on your energy so if you had low iron in the past, this could be a factor.

Don't be afraid to ask you dr. about it; you could even ask them to do some blood work to check your levels to see where they stand.

image imageimage

• I didn't start eating  much again until I was about 20 weeks, AND that was right after work got crazy.  I didn't feel like I had energy until I hit 3rd trimester... but again... weeks 19-27 were my busiest weeks at work all year long!

I had a week or two when I was completely exhausted somewhere around 17-22 wks,  and then this week is the same.  I wish I had a couch in my office at work- I would nap every day from 2-4!!

TTC since Feb 2012. Me: 39, DH: 37
    BFP #1 5/27/12- m/c 7/9/12 @ 10w2d (cytotec induced @11w).
    Fibroids, Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism
    BFP #2 11/18/12  EDD 7/27/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I still have some days where I just can not wake up, and my iron levels are great [thank you well water], and other days I'm just fine. Around 18 to 24 weeks I felt more exhausted that first tri most days; its a huge growing period.
    I think tiredness is just par for the course during pregnancy, but if you have a history of low iron, than maybe focus on trying to get more with proteins. Can't hurt
    Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • Not sure if t is normal or not, but I'm just hitting 23 weeks tomorrow and the last couple weeks I have been overly exhausted..
    imageimage

• I'm 36 weeks and 2nd tri was just less tired than 1st or 3rd. Still tired though. Iron is okay. I guess each pregnancy is different.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm more tired now at 23 weeks than I was my first tri . I'm very active typically, and I find I can't keep up with my former self.
  • Thanks everybody! I also wonder if it is My age, I'm 39.

After 2 losses and secondary infertility our family is now complete!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image KKDRAGONFLY:
    Thanks everybody! I also wonder if it is My age, I'm 39.

Me, too!

Have they checked your thyroid levels recently?  

The week that I was most tired in 2nd try, my TSH levels jumped up for some reason.   

TTC since Feb 2012. Me: 39, DH: 37
    BFP #1 5/27/12- m/c 7/9/12 @ 10w2d (cytotec induced @11w).
    Fibroids, Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism
    BFP #2 11/18/12  EDD 7/27/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am 16 weeks and still very tired, less than at first, but more than before pregnancy. I think it's normal, but if you has anemia in the past, it couldn't hurt to check.

• Each of my pregnancies has been different. I dont know if its that I am older, or I am working full time and I wasnt working with my other pregnancies or what it is, but my energy level hasnt really picked up. I have days where I have a little more energy, but for the most part I have to take a nap every day, I am just that tired still!
    Married my very own GI Joe May 2002

BFP May 2002  NMC June 2002
    BFP September 2002 ID twins born April 2003 @ 35 weeks
    BFP September 2007 DD born May 2008
    BFP August 2012 MC October 2012
    BFP January 2012 DD October 2013

I MISS MY TICKER :(