February 2013 Moms

Not getting any...

LO is 5 months now, and DH and I have had sex once. That's it. 

I can't seem to get in the mood, we can't find the time (he works 2nd shift so he isn't home till 11:30pm), and frankly it hurts.

I miss our intimacy though. I understand there are ways to be intimate without having sex, but I miss it.

Suggestions? 

"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow.'"
~Mary Anne Radmacher

Feb 2013 August Sig Challenge: Man/Lady Crush: 

Zachary Levi

Re: Not getting any...

• Sorry, no suggestions, but I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone.  We're in the same boat, I think we've had sex once maybe twice. It was before I was back on the Pill, so I was too worried about getting pregnant to enjoy it (kind of like high school).  I agree - it's hard to find the time and energy, it hurts and I feel far from sexy these days.

I wish I had a magical solution for both of us, but I think if we just hang in there it should get better.  Or have someone watch our LOs for a night and go to a hotel :)

• No, but I'll make you feel better! 1 time didn't work out, one lost condom, one good time, one more didn't work out. :)  So, we are 1 for 4 tries here.  My DH works 12 hr nights, so it's damn near impossible to find a time both kids are sleeping that we are both awake.  I'd try to set a day/time you think might work and literally schedule it in!  And it will hurt less with time - bfing can make it worse...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • KY yours and mine did wonders for me, highly recommend that or another lubricant to make things less painful!! Good luck, it will get better.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • image Teacher Clark:
    DH and I went from 5Xs a day early in our relationship to 1X a month after having DD1. We are just too tired and busy. Plus, we are afternooners and that is hard with kids. I'm sure we will get our groove back when our kids are older.

5 times a DAY?! My vagina hurts just thinking about this!
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 :)
    BFP #2 on 1/3/14, EDD 9/13/14- Team Blue! 

• image kleigh926:
    image Teacher Clark:
    DH and I went from 5Xs a day early in our relationship to 1X a month after having DD1. We are just too tired and busy. Plus, we are afternooners and that is hard with kids. I'm sure we will get our groove back when our kids are older.
    5 times a DAY?! My vagina hurts just thinking about this!

This cracked me up. Stick out tongue In our very, very early relationship DH and I could have marathon sessions. I'm lucky if I can muster up the energy and the drive for once a week now. Which stinks for DH because he seems to want it all the time. 

• LO is 17 weeks today. Still haven't even tried. : hopefully soon
    Jenny DiLo
  • Start with a trashy romance novel, that'll get you in the mood then go for the lube.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • We haven't had sex since October.  October!  
  • image marionravenwood:
    We haven't had sex since October.  October!  

Same.

Also, LOL @ froggystomper. Love that episode. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh! It's the second baby. Our second totally killed our sex life too (not that we were having lots of sex after the first baby, but at least we could do it somewhat regularly). I'm too exhausted at night, and the two kids never nap at the same time. We've had sex twice since C was born. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I cant help ya here.  We havn't since Jan, before LO came. 
    April 10 IUI BFN Sept 10 IUI BRN Feb 11 IVF hoping for a BFP! Feb 27 ER 28 eggs Mar 4 8 health eggs, 2 ET Mar 17 - Beta 180!! BFP!!! Mar 21 - Beta 1295!! holy cow what a jump Coming soon 1st Sono March 30!!! Crossing fingers for healthy stick bean(s) Mar 29 miscarry :( 6w 3d 2nd IVF July 2011 BFP July 2011 M/C 11/11/11 hate to say good bye again! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 3rd IVF 4/3/12 ER 46 eggs (holly cow batman) 40 mature, 36 fertilized 4/8/12 ET 2 AB put back 4/10/12 15 make it to FREEZE 4/22/12 Beta BFN 1st FET 6/7/12 Day we are going to put back 2. 6/21/12 BFP 1285 6/25/12 4780 I hope this time they stick!! Deaglan William welcome. My rainbow is finally here February 7, 2013
  • image Runaway22:

image marionravenwood:
    We haven't had sex since October.  October!  

Same.

Also, LOL @ froggystomper. Love that episode. 

Gosh I was hoping someone got that lol. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker