November 2012 Moms

Baby wearers: which carrier for a trip?

We leave tomorrow for a two-week trip and I'm on the fence on whether I should bring the K'tan or the Ergo.

DD is about 16 pounds and I think most of the wearing will happen during the actual traveling. We're going from NYC to Germany connecting in Dublin. Once in Germany we have a 1-2 hour train ride to my Uncle's town. Then when we're done visiting there we have a train to airport and flight to UK. Visiting family again and then a flight back home, connecting in Dublin again.

I'm leaning toward the K'Tan, but I think that's because I haven't really used the ergo much since I travelled with DD1 almost 2 years ago. Any opinions? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby wearers: which carrier for a trip?

• We use our Ergo for everything.  It's great to wear on the back if they want to, but still comfortable to wear with them on the front too.  Both boys love being carried in the Ergo.

With that being said, I've heard that the K'tan is compared to the Moby.  If so, I know my chunk was incredibly uncomfortable in the Moby past 12 lbs or so.  

I: November 2011 
    M: November 2012
  • I have both and would bring the ergo. I find my back gets sore after a while with the k'tan and you never know if it would just be easier to wear him while walking busy streets etc. also this way both of you could take turns.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks everyone!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"