February 2013 Moms

If you've emerged from nap hell...

How did you do it? Or did naps all of a sudden get better on their own? We have been struggling with short naps (like 20 minutes) or refusal to nap at all for weeks and it's getting worse not better. I feel like I either need a new strategy/plan/routine or I just need to know there's hope. This struggle is really wearing me down and I go back to teaching in September and I want to enjoy my days with my baby, not stress about them! 

Re: If you've emerged from nap hell...

• Honestly it just got better on it's own... I hope the same for you!  They go through so many phases so i'm assuming your bad streak will end sometime!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • For us, naps got better on their own.  And there are still times (like today) where we have nap fail.  I think you just have to hope for the best.  We have a routine (diaper, sleep sack and noise machine), and I think that helps.  But some days a perfect routine still ends up with a cranky, crying, not-asleep baby. 

One thing that does help is that we put DD down for a nap once she has been up for 2 hours, even if she isn't giving sleep cues, because beyond that she just falls apart from the crankies and napping gets harder.  Obviously if she gives us sleep cues sooner than 2 hours then we put her down sooner.

Also, a lot can and will happen between now and when you go back to work in September, so try not to stress about it.  I know... easier said than done.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • a13049a13049
    500 Comments 100 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper

image jocgymnast72:
    How did you do it? Or did naps all of a sudden get better on their own? We have been struggling with short naps (like 20 minutes) or refusal to nap at all for weeks and it's getting worse not better. I feel like I either need a new strategy/plan/routine or I just need to know there's hope. This struggle is really wearing me down and I go back to teaching in September and I want to enjoy my days with my baby, not stress about them! 

dh and I were just talking about the same thing. We are both teachers and start back aug 10. We would like to get dd to a happier nap schedule and just when we think we got it, it all falls apart again. Night times have suddenly become difficult too. She wakes up and wants to play not sleep. She started waking every two hours. I hope this phases passes before we to back

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards