September 2013 Moms

Car Seat Inspections

Our local fire house and police stations do not check car seat installations, so I had no clue where to go. Yet again Google has not let me down. The below link sorts by state and will give you a map or list of locations. Hope this can help someone else.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/apps/cps/index.htm
Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Re: Car Seat Inspections

• Great resource! Thanks for sharing. Apparently my town doesn't either, but this showed me that the state police station which is just a town (10 min.) over does.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageamu110902:
    Great resource! Thanks for sharing. Apparently my town doesn't either, but this showed me that the state police station which is just a town 10 min. over does.

So glad I could help! I am a FTM and I want to make sure I have it installed correctly. I have no clue what I am doing. Lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Just a helpful hint ladies... call before you go to these places.  I just looked on the website or my town and the place they have listed I knew no longer checked them so I called and they led me in the right direction. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you are looking for a place check car seats for the littles a Facebook groups. They have a list of techs, many who will come to you! I have had one really great fire house check and one mediocre, but I trust these techs!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • eyriseyris member

Thanks for the info!

I had heard police and fire stations did checks, but I had no idea which ones or who to contact. 

My little guy!  Everett Richard born 9/3/13

• Both my local hospital and birthing center offer car seat safety courses for a small fee and also check installation in your car during that class.  It'd be worth looking into, even if not free and even if you are doing a home birth.
    ??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"