Can you tell I'm bored today? :-)
Now that DH and I have a few months' experience under our belts, we have started working on a list of "What we will do differently next time". Of course, we know that this list will probably be thrown out the window when "next time" comes along, but here's my list - and I'm wondering if any of you have similar ones! BTDT moms - What did you do differently with your 2nd (3rd, 4th...) babies?
1. I will not let my doctor consider the size of my baby. They thought I was going to have a 10 pounder, but she was only 7,12. We ended up needing to buy newborn clothes after we got home from the hospital because we had only prepared for a large baby.
2. I will get professional newborn photos done. We got them done at 7 weeks (as a gift from my MIL), but I regret not getting them sooner.
3. I want to take a picture of my belly EVERY DAY if I can, and make a fun time-lapse video afterwards. I took pictures every 2 weeks this time, but every day would be fun!
4. I will join a LLLI group before the baby is born and find a good LC and force DH to come with me. I gave up too easily this time. I kept pumping (and still am), but I do miss nursing her. I think our NICU experience doomed us - but I wish I would have tried harder now.
5. If I get put on bed rest again, I will take it more seriously. I think I could have avoided being induced had I rested more. I thought I was "taking it easy", but I really should have done much less.
6. I will try to exercise more during pregnancy. I was running about 30 minutes, 3 times a week before I was pregnant. My main symptom was tiredness though, and I gave up. Then once my tiredness went away, it was hard to start running again, my belly got bigger, and I got lazy.