TTC After a Loss

UO Thursday

2»

Re: UO Thursday

• imageMr. & Mrs. Woodtick:

imagetubby106:

I think about food handling a lot, especially since I'm always the person who finds weird crap on their food at a restaurant - like the hair, and other gross stuff - in both fancy and casual restaurants. 

But my main thing with potluck is I think of what I touch at home when making my own food, licking my fingers, etc.  And it grosses me out to think of other people doing it, then giving it to me to eat.  I even hate eating at my in-laws or parents for the same reason.  My gripe with buffets are the customers, sneezing, picking boogers, coughing, etc. then grabbing the same serving spoon I have to touch, or not even using the serving utensils. The fancier buffets where someone serves you makes me feel a little better.

This is part of my gripe with buffets, and the other part is the idea of food cooked in masses grosses me out! I don't eat at any buffet. I do eat out, but honestly, not very often.

Mobile thumbs up. Buffets are gross, you just don't know what someone touched before they just poked your food. ::shudder::

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageSerenla:

Lol, I love the story. Everyone keeps telling me to watch the big bang theory. Apparently I'm "just like them."

I am telling you to watch it because it is hilarious.  Truly.

married my best friend 10/04/08, TTC since July 2012
    BFP#1 Thanksgiving 11/22/12, mo-mo twins(one sac), traditional EDD 7/27/13, EDD due to risk 6/15/13
    mmc Angel 2/7/13 @ 15w3d, mmc Aubrey 2/13/13 @ 16w2d, D&E 2/16/13

BFP#2 9/21/13, EDD 6/2/14, DD born 5/17/14 

imageimage image

All AL always welcome in my threads!

• Loading the player...
  • imageSandSunBliss:

imageSerenla:

Lol, I love the story. Everyone keeps telling me to watch the big bang theory. Apparently I'm "just like them."

It really is, and having gone to a geeky engineering school and then working in a university, I can tell you that it is only *slightly* removed from reality.

imageimage
    BFP with #1 (twins!) 11/18/2011 - missed m/c at 8weeks3days; d&c 1/19/2012; myomectomy to remove 18cm+,10cm & 5cm fibroids 4/2012; TTC again 7/2012; BFP #2 (twins) 11/13/2012; missed m/c at 7weeks;
    BFP #3: baby girl born 3/5/2014

Balaustine: an anthology about wanting family
  • imageellajune2012:
    imageSandSunBliss:

imageSerenla:

It really is, and having gone to a geeky engineering school and then working in a university, I can tell you that it is only *slightly* removed from reality.

EllaJune, Are you an engineer? I'm an engineer and there are so few female engineers so I love meeting them! I'm a mechanical engineer by degree but I mostly am a project manager now.

I also love the "Big Bang Theory." I love how they make fun of the engineer for being the "dumb" one since he only has a masters degree and the rest are PhDs.

• imageCallaLily30:
    imageellajune2012:
    imageSandSunBliss:

imageSerenla:

EllaJune, Are you an engineer? I'm an engineer and there are so few female engineers so I love meeting them! I'm a mechanical engineer by degree but I mostly am a project manager now.

I also love the "Big Bang Theory." I love how they make fun of the engineer for being the "dumb" one since he only has a masters degree and the rest are PhDs.

No, I did computer science. I do web design now. DH started out as a mechanical engineer but he's an applications programmer now. I do have quite a few good friends that are engineers though. I know what you mean about women in the field. My college was like 7 to 1 male to female.
    imageimage
    BFP with #1 (twins!) 11/18/2011 - missed m/c at 8weeks3days; d&c 1/19/2012; myomectomy to remove 18cm+,10cm & 5cm fibroids 4/2012; TTC again 7/2012; BFP #2 (twins) 11/13/2012; missed m/c at 7weeks;
    BFP #3: baby girl born 3/5/2014

Balaustine: an anthology about wanting family
  • imageCallaLily30:
    imageellajune2012:
    imageSandSunBliss:

imageSerenla:

Hello Calla! I am a computer engineer.  My husband is an engineer too. We tease each other about who is the nerdiest. 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

TTC #1 since June 2012
    Current Status:  IVF with ICSI and PGS
    Genetic, RPL, SA and Fertility testing = Normal/Good
        HSG = All Clear
    BFP #1 12.30.2012  ||  Blighted Ovum 02.05.2013  ||  D&C 02.11.2013
    BFP #2 09.10.2013  ||  c/p 09.12.2013

BFP #3 12.1.2013  ||  mm/c  01.15.14  ||  D&C 01.21.14  chromosome abnormality
    May 2014:  Residual HCG and retained tissue found
    05.13.2014:  Hysteroscopy D&C to find and remove retained tissue
    June 2014:  Tissue sample results indicate a partial molar pregnancy
    May - Aug 2014:   TTA for monitoring and testing
    08.21.2014:  Hysteroscopy to remove minor scar tissue - the result of 3 D&Cs
    Sept/Oct: IUI #1  Femara + Bravelle + Ovidrel = BFN
    Oct/Nov: IUI #2  Femara + Ovidrel = BFN
    Nov/Dec: IUI #3  Femara + Bravelle + Ovidrel = BFN

My Ovulation Chart  || *~*~All AL Welcome~*~* ||  DIY Blog

imagehttp://i59.tinypic.com/v5ztqr.jpg  image

image image 

• imageMyFirstRaspberry:
    imageCallaLily30:
    imageellajune2012:
    imageSandSunBliss:

imageSerenla:

Hello Calla! I am a computer engineer.  My husband is an engineer too. We tease each other about who is the nerdiest. 

MyFirst Raz, I love that you are another engineer couple! My DH is a mechanical engineer as well and we tease each other too but secretly, I'll admit that I'm the bigger nerd!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"