March 2014 Moms

UO

Morning ladies!

Let's hear your unpopular opinions this Thursday. Extra points for PIPs and GIFs!  

TTC #1 as of Feb. 2013
BFP on Mar. 4, 2013, DX with MMC (blighted ovum) at 8 weeks, D&C
TTC again as of May 2013
BFP on June 24, 2013, EED March 12, 2014
Diagnosed with endometriosis, PCOS, heterozygous MTHFR and positive for ANA

GROW BABY, GROW!
BabyFruitTicker

Re: UO

• I hate all reality TV, except for Honey Boo Boo and Teen Mom. Those are like train wrecks... I can't stop watching.

TTC #1 as of Feb. 2013
    TTC again as of May 2013

GROW BABY, GROW!
    BabyFruitTicker
  • I feel like they should just let Nelson Mandela pass and not keep using life saving methods.

But I don't know how unpopular of an opinion that is...

BFP 6.25.13 ~ EDD 3.7.14
  • I think it's weird when people who are not currently pregnant post on BMB's. Did I lurk? Absolutely, but I never posted before a BFP. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• This is probably a big UO, but I think it's weird to join a birth month board and post all kinds of things, without a BFP. Lurking is fine, to get a feel for the community if you are testing to hopefully become a member of it. But it's weird to me that people post on it about their BFN and testing plans...on a birth month board. I feel like those are for the moms that have a BFP and will have a baby in that month. I think they would be better suited for the TTGP board or something.

• image Berry30:
    I think it's weird when people who are not currently pregnant post on BMB's. Did I lurk? Absolutely, but I never posted before a BFP.nbsp;

Exactly! I ignore them. Weird.

• image Berry30:
    I think it's weird when people who are not currently pregnant post on BMB's. Did I lurk? Absolutely, but I never posted before a BFP.nbsp;

Amen! I'm not convinced it isn't a troll. If not a troll, a super weird person. For the record, I had more symptoms and had a "prettier" chart last month than I do now. None of that matters until you see the pink line, and it only sets people up for depression each month.
    TTC #1 as of Feb. 2013
    TTC again as of May 2013

GROW BABY, GROW!
    BabyFruitTicker
  • image RemmieRis:
    This is probably a big UO, but I think it's weird to join a birth month board and post all kinds of things, without a BFP. Lurking is fine, to get a feel for the community if you are testing to hopefully become a member of it. But it's weird to me that people post on it about their BFN and testing plans...on a birth month board. I feel like those are for the moms that have a BFP and will have a baby in that month. I think they would be better suited for the TTGP board or something.

Preach it! I feel the same way. I actually typed out a snarky remark last night, but I decided not to post it because I was feeling nice.
    TTC #1 as of Feb. 2013
    TTC again as of May 2013

GROW BABY, GROW!
    BabyFruitTicker
  • image RemmieRis:
    This is probably a big UO, but I think it's weird to join a birth month board and post all kinds of things, without a BFP. Lurking is fine, to get a feel for the community if you are testing to hopefully become a member of it. But it's weird to me that people post on it about their BFN and testing plans...on a birth month board. I feel like those are for the moms that have a BFP and will have a baby in that month. I think they would be better suited for the TTGP board or something.

Twins! 

• image Birdie1483:

I feel like they should just let Nelson Mandela pass and not keep using life saving methods.

But I don't know how unpopular of an opinion that is...

I agree, but I can see where some people wouldn't. As long as they aren't going against his wishes no harm done, I suppose, but I wouldn't want this if it was me. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have no shame. I'll do it. I was sort of thinking the same, either troll or super weird person. That sort of deserves a remark at this point.

• image RemmieRis:
    I have no shame. I'll do it. I was sort of thinking the same, either troll or super weird person. That sort of deserves a remark at this point.

Thank you. I was actually nervous last night this board was going to be full of sunshine and unicorns. Glad to see I'm not the only one [for the record, I'm all for happiness and supporting each other, but there are limits].
    TTC #1 as of Feb. 2013
    TTC again as of May 2013

GROW BABY, GROW!
    BabyFruitTicker
  • image Berry30:

This is awesome.

I was worried too...other people were all into it, like "OMG me too, I totes think we might be preggo!" But then I noticed almost all of them were doing the same thing, and didn't have a BFP either.

• AnyMaxAnyMax
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper First Answer
    I held off on an intro because I found it pretty annoying that this was looking like a TWW board more than anything. Very glad to know I am not alone!

I will intro later when not mobile
    image image
    BFP#5 - Eagle! The Fruit!
    IUI#1 12/31/2013 - Clomid+Novarel+Endometrin - EDD 9/24/2014
    imageimage
    ***All AL Welcome***
  • image Lauren659:
    image RemmieRis:
    I have no shame. I'll do it. I was sort of thinking the same, either troll or super weird person. That sort of deserves a remark at this point.
    Thank you. I was actually nervous last night this board was going to be full of sunshine and unicorns. Glad to see I'm not the only one [for the record, I'm all for happiness and supporting each other, but there are limits].

Crap. Guess I won't be able to introduce you guys to my unicorn then. That's too bad, she's pretty cool.

No, really, thanks for pointing them towards TTGP. I also think it's weird that they're here.  

• Those posts don't bother me now but in a week or two ill probably get a bit stabby. I swear I'm not all about puppies and rainbows!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image AlwaysSunny08:
    Those posts don't bother me now but in a week or two ill probably get a bit stabby. I swear I'm not all about puppies and rainbows!

That's fine. I'm sure everyone would like any March mama to join. It's not to discourage anyone from being here. And by all means, lurk away. But in a week or two, if and when people get their BFPs, then that would be the time to post. We don't talk testing plans, BFNs, and 2WWs here. That is more appropriate for other boards. We are happily past it, but I wish them all the best of luck.

ETA: word

• image AlwaysSunny08:
    Those posts don't bother me now but in a week or two ill probably get a bit stabby. I swear I'm not all about puppies and rainbows!

I wouldn't say they bother me...I just find it strange. Like I said, I lurked every new BMB when I was trying but I would never think to post.  

• image RemmieRis:

image AlwaysSunny08:

That's fine. I'm sure everyone would like any March mama to join. It's not to discourage anyone from being here. And by all means, lurk away. But in a week or two, if and when people get their BFPs, then that would be the time to post. We don't talk testing plans, BFNs, and 2WWs here. That is more appropriate for other boards. We are happily past it, but I wish them all the best of luck.

ETA: word

Ya that makes sense. I agree!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My UO is that in think most "things to avoid" during pregnancy are a load of crap. I figured I'd get this one out there before all the FTMs come out in a few weeks about what they can and can't have and drive me crazy. I'm sorry, a deli sandwich is not going to ruin your baby.

• image Berry30:

Right? Weird.

Why would you even want to? So you get to know people and then get a BFN and feel even worse??

• image bunnyfungo:
    My UO is that in think most "things to avoid" during pregnancy are a load of crap. I figured I'd get this one out there before all the FTMs come out in a few weeks about what they can and can't have and drive me crazy. I'm sorry, a deli sandwich is not going to ruin your baby.

Agreed! The only thing I'm trying to do is limit my caffeine a bit, and by that I mean no more than two cups of coffee a day, obviously alcohol too! I might have a glass of wine in third tri though... 

• image Berry30:

image bunnyfungo:
    My UO is that in think most "things to avoid" during pregnancy are a load of crap. I figured I'd get this one out there before all the FTMs come out in a few weeks about what they can and can't have and drive me crazy. I'm sorry, a deli sandwich is not going to ruin your baby.

Agreed! The only thing I'm trying to do is limit my caffeine a bit, and by that I mean no more than two cups of coffee a day, obviously alcohol too! I might have a glass of wine in third tri though... 

I'll admit, I ate goat cheese last night and felt guilty because I forgot. Being PgAL [and a FTM] I am probably too cautious about food, but I know the odds are really low.

Did you see the freak out someone had about not putting lettuce on the side at jimmy johns on Dec 13 board? It was pure comedy.

And I'll be dyeing my hair. I know some people think its risky, but no one wants to see these skunky roots.
    TTC #1 as of Feb. 2013
    TTC again as of May 2013

GROW BABY, GROW!
    BabyFruitTicker
  • image Lauren659:
    image Berry30:

image bunnyfungo:

I'll admit, I ate goat cheese last night and felt guilty because I forgot. Being PgAL [and a FTM] I am probably too cautious about food, but I know the odds are really low. Did you see the freak out someone had about not putting lettuce on the side at jimmy johns on Dec 13 board? It was pure comedy. And I'll be dyeing my hair. I know some people think its risky, but no one wants to see these skunky roots.

Yes I saw the Jimmy John's thing, hysterical. I also will be highlighting my hair as normal. I think being a little cautious is ok, it's just people who go overboard. I did not eat any soft cheese last time and Feta is my favorite, I will have some this time, especially because now I know it's pasteurized.  

• image Berry30:

image bunnyfungo:

I concur!

I don't blame them for posting, but also I almost don't care unless its serious alcohol, raw meat/eggs etc. but even then.. I still nuke my deli meats.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • image Berry30:
    I think it's weird when people who are not currently pregnant post on BMB's. Did I lurk? Absolutely, but I never posted before a BFP. 

Dang, you took mine!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• image Lauren659:
    image Berry30:

image bunnyfungo:

I'll admit, I ate goat cheese last night and felt guilty because I forgot. Being PgAL [and a FTM] I am probably too cautious about food, but I know the odds are really low.

Did you see the freak out someone had about not putting lettuce on the side at jimmy johns on Dec 13 board? It was pure comedy.

And I'll be dyeing my hair. I know some people think its risky, but no one wants to see these skunky roots.

I didn't see the Jimmy Johns thing ::off to lurk Dec 13::

• image bunnyfungo:

I agree, but at the same time...I don't give two shiits if someone wants to skip deli meat, etc.  Actually, I think deli meat is absolutely disgusting (maybe that should be my UO??). Sometimes I think STMs on 1st tri get a little out of control with, EAT deli meat, DRINK caffeine, etc....if someone chooses to be cautious/limit their diet, thats their choice. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• image huskymomma94:

image bunnyfungo:

I agree, but at the same time...I don't give two shiits if someone wants to skip deli meat, etc.  Actually, I think deli meat is absolutely disgusting (maybe that should be my UO??). Sometimes I think STMs on 1st tri get a little out of control with, EAT deli meat, DRINK caffeine, etc....if someone chooses to be cautious/limit their diet, thats their choice. 

I'm with you. I don't care if other people want to restrict their diet. I just remember on my first BMB they would tell the ladies that were eating "restricted" foods how they were risking the lives of their child for a SANDWICH!!!1! The horror lol. I just don't like sanctimommy's on either side of any issue haha 

• image huskymomma94:

image bunnyfungo:

Oh I agree, I think it's just like when people go, "OMG last night I completely forgot and I ate deli ham! Is my baby going to be ok?" Those are a bit much. 

Now I want a ham sandwich. I am still constantly hungry. Patiently waiting for the nausea to set in...