March 2014 Moms

UO

Morning ladies!

Let's hear your unpopular opinions this Thursday. Extra points for PIPs and GIFs!  

TTC #1 as of Feb. 2013
BFP on Mar. 4, 2013, DX with MMC (blighted ovum) at 8 weeks, D&C
TTC again as of May 2013
BFP on June 24, 2013, EED March 12, 2014
Diagnosed with endometriosis, PCOS, heterozygous MTHFR and positive for ANA

GROW BABY, GROW!
BabyFruitTicker

Re: UO

• I hate all reality TV, except for Honey Boo Boo and Teen Mom. Those are like train wrecks... I can't stop watching.

TTC #1 as of Feb. 2013
    TTC again as of May 2013

GROW BABY, GROW!
    BabyFruitTicker
  • I feel like they should just let Nelson Mandela pass and not keep using life saving methods.

But I don't know how unpopular of an opinion that is...

BFP 6.25.13 ~ EDD 3.7.14
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's weird when people who are not currently pregnant post on BMB's. Did I lurk? Absolutely, but I never posted before a BFP. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageBerry30:
    I think it's weird when people who are not currently pregnant post on BMB's. Did I lurk? Absolutely, but I never posted before a BFP.nbsp;

Amen! I'm not convinced it isn't a troll. If not a troll, a super weird person. For the record, I had more symptoms and had a "prettier" chart last month than I do now. None of that matters until you see the pink line, and it only sets people up for depression each month.
    TTC #1 as of Feb. 2013
    TTC again as of May 2013

GROW BABY, GROW!
    BabyFruitTicker
  • imageRemmieRis:
    This is probably a big UO, but I think it's weird to join a birth month board and post all kinds of things, without a BFP. Lurking is fine, to get a feel for the community if you are testing to hopefully become a member of it. But it's weird to me that people post on it about their BFN and testing plans...on a birth month board. I feel like those are for the moms that have a BFP and will have a baby in that month. I think they would be better suited for the TTGP board or something.

Preach it! I feel the same way. I actually typed out a snarky remark last night, but I decided not to post it because I was feeling nice.
    TTC #1 as of Feb. 2013
    TTC again as of May 2013

GROW BABY, GROW!
    BabyFruitTicker
  • imageRemmieRis:
    This is probably a big UO, but I think it's weird to join a birth month board and post all kinds of things, without a BFP. Lurking is fine, to get a feel for the community if you are testing to hopefully become a member of it. But it's weird to me that people post on it about their BFN and testing plans...on a birth month board. I feel like those are for the moms that have a BFP and will have a baby in that month. I think they would be better suited for the TTGP board or something.

Twins! 

• imageBirdie1483:

I feel like they should just let Nelson Mandela pass and not keep using life saving methods.

But I don't know how unpopular of an opinion that is...

I agree, but I can see where some people wouldn't. As long as they aren't going against his wishes no harm done, I suppose, but I wouldn't want this if it was me. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageRemmieRis:
    I have no shame. I'll do it. I was sort of thinking the same, either troll or super weird person. That sort of deserves a remark at this point.

Thank you. I was actually nervous last night this board was going to be full of sunshine and unicorns. Glad to see I'm not the only one [for the record, I'm all for happiness and supporting each other, but there are limits].
    TTC #1 as of Feb. 2013
    TTC again as of May 2013

GROW BABY, GROW!
    BabyFruitTicker
  • AnyMaxAnyMax member
    I held off on an intro because I found it pretty annoying that this was looking like a TWW board more than anything. Very glad to know I am not alone!

I will intro later when not mobile

• imageLauren659:
    imageRemmieRis:
    I have no shame. I'll do it. I was sort of thinking the same, either troll or super weird person. That sort of deserves a remark at this point.
    Thank you. I was actually nervous last night this board was going to be full of sunshine and unicorns. Glad to see I'm not the only one [for the record, I'm all for happiness and supporting each other, but there are limits].

Crap. Guess I won't be able to introduce you guys to my unicorn then. That's too bad, she's pretty cool.

No, really, thanks for pointing them towards TTGP. I also think it's weird that they're here.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Those posts don't bother me now but in a week or two ill probably get a bit stabby. I swear I'm not all about puppies and rainbows!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAlwaysSunny08:
    Those posts don't bother me now but in a week or two ill probably get a bit stabby. I swear I'm not all about puppies and rainbows!

I wouldn't say they bother me...I just find it strange. Like I said, I lurked every new BMB when I was trying but I would never think to post.  

• imageRemmieRis:

imageAlwaysSunny08:
    Those posts don't bother me now but in a week or two ill probably get a bit stabby. I swear I'm not all about puppies and rainbows!

That's fine. I'm sure everyone would like any March mama to join. It's not to discourage anyone from being here. And by all means, lurk away. But in a week or two, if and when people get their BFPs, then that would be the time to post. We don't talk testing plans, BFNs, and 2WWs here. That is more appropriate for other boards. We are happily past it, but I wish them all the best of luck.

ETA: word

Ya that makes sense. I agree!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebunnyfungo:
    My UO is that in think most "things to avoid" during pregnancy are a load of crap. I figured I'd get this one out there before all the FTMs come out in a few weeks about what they can and can't have and drive me crazy. I'm sorry, a deli sandwich is not going to ruin your baby.

Agreed! The only thing I'm trying to do is limit my caffeine a bit, and by that I mean no more than two cups of coffee a day, obviously alcohol too! I might have a glass of wine in third tri though... 

• imageBerry30:

imagebunnyfungo:
    My UO is that in think most "things to avoid" during pregnancy are a load of crap. I figured I'd get this one out there before all the FTMs come out in a few weeks about what they can and can't have and drive me crazy. I'm sorry, a deli sandwich is not going to ruin your baby.

Agreed! The only thing I'm trying to do is limit my caffeine a bit, and by that I mean no more than two cups of coffee a day, obviously alcohol too! I might have a glass of wine in third tri though... 

I'll admit, I ate goat cheese last night and felt guilty because I forgot. Being PgAL [and a FTM] I am probably too cautious about food, but I know the odds are really low.

Did you see the freak out someone had about not putting lettuce on the side at jimmy johns on Dec 13 board? It was pure comedy.

And I'll be dyeing my hair. I know some people think its risky, but no one wants to see these skunky roots.
    TTC #1 as of Feb. 2013
    TTC again as of May 2013

GROW BABY, GROW!
    BabyFruitTicker
  • imageLauren659:
    imageBerry30:

imagebunnyfungo:

I'll admit, I ate goat cheese last night and felt guilty because I forgot. Being PgAL [and a FTM] I am probably too cautious about food, but I know the odds are really low. Did you see the freak out someone had about not putting lettuce on the side at jimmy johns on Dec 13 board? It was pure comedy. And I'll be dyeing my hair. I know some people think its risky, but no one wants to see these skunky roots.

Yes I saw the Jimmy John's thing, hysterical. I also will be highlighting my hair as normal. I think being a little cautious is ok, it's just people who go overboard. I did not eat any soft cheese last time and Feta is my favorite, I will have some this time, especially because now I know it's pasteurized.  

• imageBerry30:
    I think it's weird when people who are not currently pregnant post on BMB's. Did I lurk? Absolutely, but I never posted before a BFP. 

Dang, you took mine!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• imagebunnyfungo:

I agree, but at the same time...I don't give two shiits if someone wants to skip deli meat, etc.  Actually, I think deli meat is absolutely disgusting (maybe that should be my UO??). Sometimes I think STMs on 1st tri get a little out of control with, EAT deli meat, DRINK caffeine, etc....if someone chooses to be cautious/limit their diet, thats their choice. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagehuskymomma94:

imagebunnyfungo:

I agree, but at the same time...I don't give two shiits if someone wants to skip deli meat, etc.  Actually, I think deli meat is absolutely disgusting (maybe that should be my UO??). Sometimes I think STMs on 1st tri get a little out of control with, EAT deli meat, DRINK caffeine, etc....if someone chooses to be cautious/limit their diet, thats their choice. 

Oh I agree, I think it's just like when people go, "OMG last night I completely forgot and I ate deli ham! Is my baby going to be ok?" Those are a bit much. 

Now I want a ham sandwich. I am still constantly hungry. Patiently waiting for the nausea to set in... 

• I'm definitely not P&R, in fact, I love some good board drama. But I also get very annoyed with the opposite end. I don't really like a lot of snark. I get so annoyed with the people who constantly post about how much more they know and love telling new posters how wrong they are. Maybe it's b/c I've been active on boards so long. It's the same old thing forever. Debate yes, repetitive snark no.

But don't get me wrong. I am very much looking forward to the day our board has a big blow up and split, and off boards and secret boards start. That inevitable occurrence is always so much fun. :)

• imagebabylimas:

I'm definitely not P&R, in fact, I love some good board drama. But I also get very annoyed with the opposite end. I don't really like a lot of snark. I get so annoyed with the people who constantly post about how much more they know and love telling new posters how wrong they are. Maybe it's b/c I've been active on boards so long. It's the same old thing forever. Debate yes, repetitive snark no.

But don't get me wrong. I am very much looking forward to the day our board has a big blow up and split, and off boards and secret boards start. That inevitable occurrence is always so much fun. :)

I've never been on a BMB so I am intrigued about the splits and off boards! I feel the same way as you, some snark is good. There are some posters on other boards who just seemed nasty, and sometimes I understood, but sometimes it was just unnecessary.  

• imageBerry30:
    imagebabylimas:

I'm definitely not P&R, in fact, I love some good board drama. But I also get very annoyed with the opposite end. I don't really like a lot of snark. I get so annoyed with the people who constantly post about how much more they know and love telling new posters how wrong they are. Maybe it's b/c I've been active on boards so long. It's the same old thing forever. Debate yes, repetitive snark no.

I've never been on a BMB so I am intrigued about the splits and off boards! I feel the same way as you, some snark is good. There are some posters on other boards who just seemed nasty, and sometimes I understood, but sometimes it was just unnecessary.  

Were you on the tri and age boards with your last? It always seems to happen around 9-12. I am currently on a couple off boards that are 3 times removed. :)

• imagebunnyfungo:
    imagebabylimas:

My other BMB is June 12. I'm sure it's been around the entire bump by now with the crazy train that was Alicia and Allison...so, I'd rather not have a repeat of that. Can we just not do that here, ladies?? Please?!? 

This is news to me! Recap?

Also I never went on TB before TTC #2. Maybe for baby names but definitely not the forums.  

• HAH! all of this is awesome, I comlpetely agree with posting ona BMB before getting a BFP. I was nervous posting here before seeing the doctor and getting my EDD, to make sure I was on the right baord! And I'll admit I was one of those FTMs that was all concerned about not eating bologna, and brie, and cut out coffee altogether even though I'm addicted to it! This time I know better but would never bash someone else for being as paranoid/cautious as I was. Oh, and I second, the give you a dollar to post that on "waiting to test". That'd be hilarious! My UO: I immediately judge people that don't speak or type the correct words, and I judge them as an asinine moron that I will never speak to. "Totes" isn't a word. For "realsies" isn't a word. And if someone calls me "preggo" I might punch them. That's a spaghetti sauce, not a pregnancy.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• imagebandteacher:
    imagebunnyfungo:
    imagebandteacher:
    imagebunnyfungo:
    imagebandteacher:

imageBerry30:
    I think it's weird when people who are not currently pregnant post on BMB's. Did I lurk? Absolutely, but I never posted before a BFP. 

This was going to be mine, too. Glad we're all in the same boat here. I got stabby when I read the thread about everyone and their flucking mother's BFN this morning. I know my first reaction wouldn't be to go to the BMB and announce my vacant uterus. 

Give you a dollar if you post that on "Anyone else still waiting to test?"

I put it in the BFN post lol. Can I still haz monies?? 

You get fitty cent for wrong thread.

Yes

BabyFetus Ticker

• I don't want anyone to know I'm pregnant and I am really enjoying lying to people that we plan to start TTC in July (that's been the same story all year).
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes. I'm pregnant with my 2nd, and that annoyed me the first time around too.

Hi, first post here. I should probably introduce myself or something now.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagebandteacher:

imagebunnyfungo:

You guise, I just had a box of Kraft mac and cheese with a can of tuna in it for lunch. It was flucking delicious.

I DARE SOMEONE TO SCOLD ME ABOUT MY TUNA CONSUMPTION. Bring it.

I ate tuna sushi with my first pregnancy and it was really dam good. Hyperemesis makes you get over any food reservations quick. If something sounded good, it went straight down my gullet.  

• Oh, another UO. I hate quoting people. I'm trying to behave, but just as y'all get comfortable, the quotes will start fading away . . .
  • imagebandteacher:

imagemarisha1021:
    Yes. I'm pregnant with my 2nd, and that annoyed me the first time around too. Hi, first post here. I should probably introduce myself or something now.

Who are you responding to?

Doh. Fingers were too fast. I was responding to people freaking out over lunch meat. I should probably throw in I agree with posting your BFN on a BMB board is weird.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"