May 2013 Moms

FU Aflac

So I signed up for Aflac a year and a half ago, knowing that we were planning for a baby fairly soon.  I confirmed with the Aflac agent before signing up the amount of what my claim would be when the time came and got that confirmation in writing. 

Well, I haven't gotten the check yet, but I logged into my claim at AFLAC.com and noticed that my claim in pending............for an amount half of what I was expecting.

DH and I were counting on the full amount of my AFLAC claim for paying bills while I'm on maternity leave. I'm contacting my representative to try and sort this out, but I'm really upset by this.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
O14 November Signature Challenge: Gross Thanksgiving Dishes-Nasty Beets
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: FU Aflac

• delinodelino
    5000 Comments 100 Love Its Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Could it be a waiting period? My policy, not through Aflac, had a 14 day exclusion period. So my 8 weeks of disability was only paid for 6.
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I worked 1 day the week my son was born so I got paid for 5 weeks 1 day instead of 6 weeks. So annoying.
    Our cycle 12 sweepea was born at 34w 3d!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersPregnancy Ticker
  • They also paid me in 3 separate checks about 2 weeks apart so maybe the rest is coming?
    Our cycle 12 sweepea was born at 34w 3d!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersPregnancy Ticker
  • I agree with pps...it could be that they're splitting it into multiple payments. I did the same thing but with a different company and that's what's happening to me.

• Definitely call them... Especially if you have it in writing!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards