Babies: 3 - 6 Months

awake time between naps

How old and how long is your LO awake between naps??

DD is 16 weeks and usually is only awake 1 hour and 1/2 at a time.  A couple days she went as long as 3 hours but if i follow her lead it's usually less than 2 hours.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: awake time between naps

• idk. it varies. I tried putting her down after 90 minutes this morning and she rolled around in her crib for 45 minutes before falling asleep. But her second nap was under 2 housr after her first. it's usually like this

wake up

2 hr awake

nap

1.5 hour awake

nap

1.5-2 hour awake

nap

2-2.5 hour awake until bed.

If I put her down earlier she just babbles to herself then conks out

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • imagejannv11:

How old and how long is your LO awake between naps??

DD is 16 weeks and usually is only awake 1 hour and 1/2 at a time.  A couple days she went as long as 3 hours but if i follow her lead it's usually less than 2 hours.  

same as you.  There are those rare occasions where we are out and about and she's got a lot to look at, then she'll stay up 3 hours, or more! Usually it's 1.5 hrs.

William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I give him the opportunity to nap every 2 hours after he wakes up. He usually takes it and is down for 45 minutes to 90 minutes. He's 5 months.
    :::FOLLOW MY HALF MARATHON TRAINING:::

:::Our Adoption Journey:::

Evan James was born 1/24/13 and matched with us 2/20/13. The LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    DS will be 17 weeks Friday and it's somewhere between 1 1/2 and 2 hours.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• Two hours is what the book I use as my sleep bible (Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child) says is the norm.  DS is usually awake for 90 min between waking and taking another nap.  He'll be 4 months old next week.
  • =Lee=B=Lee=B member
    3.5months.  She never lasts more than 1.5hours between naps.  Less time between in morning or on busy days.

• Almost 6 months. She recently got to about 2-2.5 hours for her first wake time, depending on how well she slept the night before (she's never been a good night sleeper). After that, its between 1.5-2 hours. It always seems to be pretty much the same wake-up times though, because her naps vary from 45-1 hr 20 min. 
    photo 531db2b9-4d83-4d72-a50b-074d44f8cd51_zps7e3cb247.jpg
  • DS only has one nap that I can rely on to be consistent.  A 45-60 min. nap in the morning 1.5 hours after waking up.  After that is anyone's guess.  Awake time can range from 2-5 hours.  I get a LOT done during that morning nap!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 5 mos today and he can stretch to 2 hrs, but it's usually shorter than that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"