November 2012 Moms

Smartphone!!

I want one. i just do. I have a phone that is perfectly fine, albeit old. We have the interwebz at home, and at work. Therefore, DH doesnt think i need one, and sees no reason to absorb a $30 dataplan/month.

Does he have a valid point? Absofuckinglutely, but i just WANT one.

I think I would use it for the following, all the time

1. bumping

2. GPS

3. Candy Crush

4. Random Searches when needed, and out and about (at least 1x a week when im out I rant "god i wish i had a smart phone!)

5. The Camera.

Ok, so this is two fold. 1. I need to convince him that I should get an iPhone. and 2. Im due for an upgrade, and I could get the iphone 4 for $0, the 4s for $99.99 and the 5 for $199.99.

Are smartphones all theyre cracked up to be? If so, and if I can get DH on board (i know, im 5 years old), then which do I go with? Im leaning toward the 4.

Re: Smartphone!!

• I have a samsung galaxy 3 and LOVE it.

If you get an iPhone I would definitely go with 5. They pump out iPhones like no other and if you buy and older version they tend to become very slow with updates etc.

I could live without my phone, but it makes it easier to take great pictures of V. I can send the pictures easily. We go through t-mobile and it was only $15 extra a month (than when we had crappy phones with sprint). We both have unlimited texting, minutes and data. We pay about $115 a month. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He sounds like my husband! lol Men are typical minimalists and don't see the need as us women do.

If you can convince him to take on the additional $30 a month, I would just take the 4 that is free. It will still do what you are wanting it to do. I am a stay at home mom and I felt the need to have a smartphone too. It is convenient when making grocery lists and there are a ton of apps for coupons and such for grocery shopping.

LO loves when I play his favorite station on Pandora in the car, and it is also handy for pictures. I have a nice digital camera, but rarely use it because my galaxy s3 has a great camera.

It is handy when your laying in bed and something random pops in your mind and you can take care of it from your bedside.

I think there are so many convenient things you can use the smartphones for now, and we all want more convenience right?

Ourfasttrackfamily.blogspot.com

• im going to schedule a conference call at 2PM EST so that you guys can call him, mkay??

• I also have the Samsung Galaxy S3 and love it :). Hubby had the Iphone 4s and he loved it but switched to the Note II. I'd suggest the Iphone4s though. It is great when out and about and to be honest, it's the best and easiest camera and video camera. Hubby thought for sure we'd need a video camera to capture all those moments with Z and yeah, it gets forgotten about and we just use the phones anyway.

The good thing about the Iphone is the photo stream part. It's easier to use and share pics with family and back up on your computer (with I-tunes) and it doesn't require another program. You can create a folder, share it out, and send a link to famiily so they can see pics of the kids without having to do it individually. They can open it in any web browser and download and print the pics out themselves.  

I think Siri only started with the Iphone 4s (not 100% sure about that though since I'm not really an Iphone person) so if you care about that at all, i'd go with that one. I don't see any real benefit to the Iphone 5 and I think the Iphone 4 would be too far out of date when Iphone 6 comes out :)

imageimageimage
  • You will be just fine with the 4, especially if you've never had a smartphone. It is super convenient for taking photos, GPS, all the things that you mentioned. I use my phone mostly for the camera, for keeping track of the girls schedules and texting (which you don't get charged for if you iMessage from iPhone to iPhone)

if DH will spring for the 4s, do that. The upgrade is well worth it but the difference between the 4s and the 5 is not enough to pay the extra $$ in my opinion. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image Organizedbride@yahoo.com:

He sounds like my husband! lol Men are typical minimalists and don't see the need as us women do.

If you can convince him to take on the additional $30 a month, I would just take the 4 that is free. It will still do what you are wanting it to do. I am a stay at home mom and I felt the need to have a smartphone too. It is convenient when making grocery lists and there are a ton of apps for coupons and such for grocery shopping.

LO loves when I play his favorite station on Pandora in the car, and it is also handy for pictures. I have a nice digital camera, but rarely use it because my galaxy s3 has a great camera.

It is handy when your laying in bed and something random pops in your mind and you can take care of it from your bedside.

I think there are so many convenient things you can use the smartphones for now, and we all want more convenience right?

This. Minus the galaxy s3.  I own an iphone5. My 4 died due to abuse (I have a rough job and it gets banged around a lot).

My sister got the iphone4 since it was a free upgrade for her.  Nothing wrong with the 4. And it means you're not putting out any OTHER extra money.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Once you go apple, you never ever stray! Love love love my 4s. And DH loves his 5. Never ever had issues. We've had iPhones for over 4 years and will never have anything else