January 2014 Moms
Options

12 weeks fundal height.

Okay, so I'm 12w3d and can feel the top of my uterus just below my belly button (about 2 fingers). Isn't this really high? I had a u/s at 7w2d and everything measured right on track (only one). So I'm wondering how much wiggle room there is with fundal height. This is my second pregnancy and I've read the body 'knows what to do, and does it sooner'. Is there something I'm missing or overlooking? I'm not really worried, just curious and surprised (this morning was the first time I tried to feel my uterus this pregnancy). 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 12 weeks fundal height.

• Options

imageXan84:
    I have no experience with this so I don't know how to answer your question, but I am very curious to know how you feel your uterus.  What does it feel like, and how do you find it?  This is my first pregnancy so I have no idea what to look for.

i never could tell exactly where my uterus was with my last pregnancy.  I couldn't ever figure out what I was feeling for. 

DS1 born 3/27/12 DS2 due 1/8/14
  • Options
    That IS really high.  Mine is just below my panty line.  The only reason I know it is about there is because that is where the baby's heartbeat is. 
    *****Can you see me in 3D???????***** image. Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageXan84:
    I have no experience with this so I don't know how to answer your question, but I am very curious to know how you feel your uterus.  What does it feel like, and how do you find it?  This is my first pregnancy so I have no idea what to look for.

This. I sometimes feel in the area but it's a bit painful if I press so I haven't tried too hard. What does it feel like?

• Options
    It almost feels like a wall or hardness as opposed to the squish that is my belly. I just keep poking from my naval down towards my panty line and I an 'usually' feel it but with each pregnancy by ute has tilted farther and farther back.
    V|V TSP V|V
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagealinafed:

imageXan84:

This. I sometimes feel in the area but it's a bit painful if I press so I haven't tried too hard. What does it feel like?

I started feeling it with DD once the OB showed me how at one of my appointments sometime in second tri. I'm not sure I'll be able to explain it very well.
    You have to lay flat on a firm surface (this is how I was shown, there could be other ways) and make sure your stomach muscles are relaxed (I tend to tense mine a lot). It feels kind of like a tensed muscle, firmer than everything around it.  

• Options
    You uterus at about 20 weeks should be just a half finger below your belly button. You are up high, but you probably will just have to poop soon and it will drop a bit lol
    But a second pregnancy you grow faster too, so your uterus is just making lots of room and knows where to go, so I don't think it's anywhere near abnormal to be that high now.
  • Options

imageStephanie185:
    You uterus at about 20 weeks should be just a half finger below your belly button. You are up high, but you probably will just have to poop soon and it will drop a bit lol But a second pregnancy you grow faster too, so your uterus is just making lots of room and knows where to go, so I don't think it's anywhere near abnormal to be that high now.

Haha, this makes sense, I'm still taking zofran at least once most days, so pooping is not the most common occurrence.  

• Options
    For those who were wondering how to find their fundal height, here is a good link with details: link.
  • Options
    Mine is right under my belly button too. I had my OB appt yesterday and my OB commented on that. He said my uterus seems to be pushed up against my abdomen causing it to be higher. He said there is no problem with it. He thinks in my case it could be caused from my c-section. When he was feeling for the actual size of my uterus he said that it is the correct size for how far along I am. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerVisit my Etsy shop for adorable baby bows: Rachelle's Baby Boutique
  • Options
    imageJuliaH21:
    imagealinafed:

imageXan84:

I started feeling it with DD once the OB showed me how at one of my appointments sometime in second tri. I'm not sure I'll be able to explain it very well.
    You have to lay flat on a firm surface (this is how I was shown, there could be other ways) and make sure your stomach muscles are relaxed (I tend to tense mine a lot). It feels kind of like a tensed muscle, firmer than everything around it.  

This. Totally feels like a tensed muscle.  I lay flat on my bed and poke my belly starting at the belly button inteh middle and work my way done. As soon as it feels harder, thats your uterus!

• Options
    OP, that's high.  you certain there is only one in there?  ;)

• Options
    Mine is about an inch below my belly button!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"