September 2012 Moms
Options

NBR: Low-Maintenance Hair

Does anyone have a great cut that they love?  I usually wear my hair short (chin length) but I have had it long the last year or so just because, with the kids, I usually don't have time to dry it, I just throw it in a ponytail and go.  I would love something shorter than shoulder length that I could just add some product to and let dry.

My hair is straight and pretty thick.  I can't do super short because my face is really round.  Between chin and shoulder length would be ideal.  Any ideas would be welcome, I'm tired of looking half-a$$ed. 

TIA!

Re: NBR: Low-Maintenance Hair

• Options

For me--and this is just me--low-maintenance means long enough to put in a bun, pony, or braid when I don't have time to style it or humidity takes over, but short enough to look cute with some product and maybe a quick pass with a curling iron. For me, with thick curly hair, that's about collarbone length. Get too far above shoulder-length and you don't have the option of putting it up--which for me would be a bad thing.  I don't have good advice for straight hair except that I'd be very leery of doing anything so short that you can't put it up easily if that's your default.

Side note--maybe experiment with other ways of styling your hair besides pony?  Like a low chignon, a French twist, a low pony held with a barrette, pinning the front back...just some ways to mix it up while keeping it easy. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    StasiStasi member

Bangs?

I would get a "long bob" that is just slightly stacked in the back, little or no layers...

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    StasiStasi member

No bangs version...

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Options
    Newt69Newt69 member

my mom just got the MEG RYAN hair do....shortish but easy to stlye with just some hair spray and fingers run through

Eta: there was a picture but the bump ate itimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"