September 2013 Moms

Meal Train

We are doing this for my sister who had her baby last Thursday. She has had migraines everyday since, has been to the ER and basically cannot function. This was started to make sure she could have food to eat since she is unable to do it herself.

It's a signup sheet for friends and family to send food but avoid sending food on the same days.

I can see how this would be useful for many types of situations, not just new parents. Thinking families experiencing loss, illness, elderly, etc. Just wanted to pass it along.

https://www.mealtrain.com

Sorry can't make it clicky.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Meal Train

• That's a great idea and something I'll keep in mind moving forward. When my friend had twins we all made her something during the first few days and she ended up freezing it because there were so many dishes, but a sign up of sorts makes sure that the food keeps coming. 

I hope your sister gets/feels better soon! 

• I have to also recommend www.takethemameal.com. We use this for church meals when people have babies, and it's a great organization site for that. What I love the most is people who sign up for a meal don't have to register and get a screen name etc - they can just sign up for a meal. I like that.

i think meal baby is another one, but all users have to register. 

• Loading the player...
  • Our local MOMS club uses this when one of our members has a baby...it has been super helpful!!!

J+E ~ 08/25/2007   DD#1 ~ 05/11/2010   DD#2 ~ 09/25/2013   DD#3 ~ 06/09/2016   Baby #4 Due ~ 01/16/2023

• imageA37licia:
    I have to also recommend www.takethemameal.com. We use this for church meals when people have babies, and it's a great organization site for that. What I love the most is people who sign up for a meal don't have to register and get a screen name etc they can just sign up for a meal. I like that. i think meal baby is another one, but all users have to register.nbsp;

That's a good rec. A lot of people have complained about making an account, which seems silly that they ask you to. It took only a second to register, but I can see why people get annoyed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sounds like you got the meal part covered,

Did your sister get an epi?  It sounds like a spinal headache if she did.  She can ask for a blood patch to see if it helps.

I had to have a lumbar puncture about 7 years ago, well it took the 3 times before they got it.  That night I was taken to the ER because of the headache.  I had to have IV meds, and was sent to get a blood patch.  Because I was poked to many times they could not do it, but got the pain under control with lots of meds. Strong pain killers, caffeine pills, and some other things to help.   Tell her not to give up. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We do this in my group of friends, but we just create a shared google doc and everyone signs up for a night and what they'll bring. Easy and awesome, and everyone gets to come over and meet the baby!
    Finally updating my signature and avatar, August 29, 2011 (better late than never!) Jake! (born July 3, 2011 - 6 days past due) Image and video hosting by TinyPic December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageA37licia:
    I have to also recommend www.takethemameal.com. We use this for church meals when people have babies, and it's a great organization site for that. What I love the most is people who sign up for a meal don't have to register and get a screen name etc they can just sign up for a meal. I like that. i think meal baby is another one, but all users have to register.nbsp;

This is good to know, we use mealbaby at the church and I think the username sign up thing is actually a fairly considerable deterrent. I'll have to peep this site.
  • imageMallardDucky:

Sounds like you got the meal part covered,

Did your sister get an epi?  It sounds like a spinal headache if she did.  She can ask for a blood patch to see if it helps.

I had to have a lumbar puncture about 7 years ago, well it took the 3 times before they got it.  That night I was taken to the ER because of the headache.  I had to have IV meds, and was sent to get a blood patch.  Because I was poked to many times they could not do it, but got the pain under control with lots of meds. Strong pain killers, caffeine pills, and some other things to help.   Tell her not to give up. 

This is what I was thinking. I got a lumbar puncture when I was 12 because they were concerned about meningitis or some other infection in my nervous system. Luckily I was okay, but the spinal headache that I had afterwards lasted a week and hurt worse than anything I had ever experienced. I hope your sister feels better soon!

This is a great idea, although I obviously wouldn't set it up for myself. I will keep it in mind for the future when my friends start having kids or for various other reasons.  

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"