Pre-School and Daycare

Ok, what? I was not ready for that question.

"Mom, how did the first person get on the earth?" So we're not religious, so I stammered a bit and turned to google to show pics of evolution. We go through how they changed, and then how adaptation made people smarter and used tools. THen I get, "Mom, how did they make stuff out of nothing but trees and dirt, like houses and stuff?" Daddy is the smart one in our house, I am loving the thoughtfulness, but seriously, I am out of my league here!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ok, what? I was not ready for that question.

• imagefredalina:
    Your kids are so smart! Last night I got, "Who made me?" We are religious, not really churchgoers but believers, and I've said things like, "That's how God made you" before, so I said, "Your birth mother and birth father made you with God's help." Then she asked "Where did they get all the skin?"

LOL! Aren't they literal little things at that age.  I remember around 5 seeing a "Stop ahead" sign and freaking out imagining heads rolling around the road.  I love the magic and imagination! I just wish I had an answer book.  Alex has learned that these questions get Mommy stammering so keeps trying to trump the last.  Mommy needs a phone with Siri to answer all this craziness!

• Fredalina, your DD is adopted?  I had no clue, not sure how I missed that all these years not that it matters at all.  FWIW, I am adopted so these things stand out to me.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Loading the player...
  • I get great questions all the time, too! Last night I got, "When I'm sleeping, do I still remember my name? Do I remember that I have a little sister?"
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageNicoleWI:
    I get great questions all the time, too! Last night I got, "When I'm sleeping, do I still remember my name? Do I remember that I have a little sister?"
    Ooh those are great! Today I've been getting do ALL people have families, do ALL people love their mothers, do ALL people have homes...now we're wading into easier to answer fact-wise, but harder to know just how blunt to be (No, sweetie, some people are so poor they sleep on the ground and eat from the trash? No, Sweetie some people are giant asshats who love only themselves, etc...).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"