April 2013 Moms

Runners come in

I am going running tomorrow for the first time in months and I am nervous. Do you wear more than one sports bra when you run? Have you noticed a change in your milk supply? I think I am looking for every excuse not to run, but I really need to get in shape. How was your first time back post-baby? 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Runners come in

• I ran for the first time this past weekend.  I did not go up a cup size through pregnancy/BFing, but I wish I had on an extra sports bra!  I would recommend an extra one just in case.  (I am only a B/C cup and still felt I needed it).  Other than that, I enjoyed the workout.  Just a little winded more than I used to be.  Just get out there and get going and you will be happy you did =)
    image       image
  • I have been using 2 sports bras since I had DS (so, 2 years).  I haven't noticed any difference in supply- be sure to stay well hydrated.  I started running again this time at 5w PP, and I definitely needed a panty liner for- ahem- a little leakage.  That has since resolved, thank goodness!  OTherwise I am a little slower than normal, ut I expected that.  It feels great to run!
    The Bump ate my profile! Oh well, new and improved... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

...sigh... can't work my siggy.  Little sister born the day before big brother's second birthday.
  • I started back running about 2 weeks ago. It was not nearly as brutal as I expected, I think it helped that I worked out up until the day before I delivered. I didn't wear two sports bras but I must say my sports bra is pretty excellent. It really does a good job of keeping things in place. I was a 36C/D pre pregnancy and right now I'm a 36E.

Baby Girl! Coming May 1, 2013

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I didn't wear 2 bras.. But I did have to get a new sports bra with really good support, as I went from an A to a D cup.
    CafeMom Tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • With all of my LOs I nurse/pump before I run and then again as soon as I get home and have never had an issue with supply....I ran a couple of half marathons while nursing and never had any issues (I keep my pump in the car for races). With DS I wore two sports bras but found that a good sports bra and a fitted tank worked the best.

Be kind and patient with yourself. This is my 3rd LO and I still find myself getting frustrated with my pace and distance the first couple of months. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I went on my first post-baby run a week ago and it was awesome.  I knocked out about 3 miles.  Here is my recipe: 1 bottle of water + 2 sports bras + 3 cups of coffee + 4 ibuprofen taken 30 minutes before I left. ;-)  It was great!

my doctor advised the ibuprofen and sports bras. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker