Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

18 month old and kitten

My 18 month old DD is constantly picking up our kitten by his legs, ears whatever she can grab. Of course I freak and take him from her and try to show her immediately how to be gentle..she thinks it's funny. I don't want her to hurt him, I guess he's not scared of her because he follows her around. Idk what else to do

Re: 18 month old and kitten

• Options
    I would think the kitten would run away or scratch/bite her if she was hurting him.  My son loves the cat, but he's way too big to pick up

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My cat loves my son but he can also be a little rough with her. He is only 12.5 months so for now I am doing what you do but telling him to be gentle and showing him the right way to pet her. I agree with PP that if the kitten is really being hurt, it will leave the area. My cat does this when she has had enough of my LO pulling her hair. GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks y'all my older cat just leaves and finds a high place to hide. I guess the new kitty is ok because he never tries to scratch or bite. He must be a tough one lol
  • Options
    Basically what you are doing is what we do with our son and our cats - we have several. We also purchased a book called "Pat them gently." It's a touch and feel book and it has a little rhyming story about patting cats and dogs gently, though I usually just flip through the pages and say "pat them gently" on each page and then LO pets the fuzzy spots on the dogs and cats in the book.

\image  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"