Stay at Home Moms

Did you use the names you thought?

So, when I was growing up (and even in college) I was determined to name my daughter Tatum, and my son Rex.

My son's middle name is Rex (I would have used it for a first name if I could have swayed DH). But I never used Tatum.

Did you use the names of your "childhood dream"? LOL! 

Mom to Big Sister (2008) , and boy/girl twins (2010) Life is busy!

Re: Did you use the names you thought?

• Nope. And I regret agreeing to one of them.
    Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • I always said I'd name my girl Andrea, and I did. It was my grandmas name, but I always liked it, especially in Spanish.

Gabriel was my boy name pick. We named our baby that passed away that. DH also liked that name, and figured he was our first son, it was meant to be his name.
    Andrea 7/9/08, Joaquin 4/18/11, boy coming 12/18/13 Forever missed: Gabriel 11/24/09 at 20 weeks
  • The name I loved as  Child was Marsha ( Brady Bunch now not so much)  as a Teen a name I loved is now in existence, Kaelie  never worked out its spelling though and is considered " way too trendy"  and i do not like it anymore.   My other issue is every name I have liked I suggested to my siblings for their kids and now I feel gave all the names I loved away. 

For boys I always loved Sebastian H was against it for a human so its now one of our dogs names.  

Blessed with double the love. C and J born May 2013
  • I have loved the name Lydia since I was 16. I worked at Arby's with a gal with the name and thought it was the perfect cutesy baby name but also a great grown up woman's name.

I also really like the name Kathleen. DH likes it too but he doesn't like Kate, Katie, Kathy, etc. so we took it off the table when I was pregnant with the babies.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I always wanted a boy named Avery. I ended up using Ava for a girl so Avery is off the table.

I'm loving the name Jacob. I really want DH to come around to it but he is dragging his feet. He has come up with some off the wall suggestions.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image Mrs.Greg:
    I have loved the name Lydia since I was 16. I worked at Arby's with a gal with the name and thought it was the perfect cutesy baby name but also a great grown up woman's name. I also really like the name Kathleen. DH likes it too but he doesn't like Kate, Katie, Kathy, etc. so we took it off the table when I was pregnant with the babies.

Kathleen is my DD's middle name after my mom.

Growing up I was in love with Summer Rose. I decided not to use it when my BFF named her dog Summer.

• I've had a girl name since I was 12. Obviously haven't had a chance to use it and not positive I would now, though DH likes it a lot.

DS1 has the name we talked about when we were dating.
    holz

My little sidekick August 2010

Mr. Sunshine April 2012

• Nope. DH hated all of them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nope, DH has my favorite boys name and we don't do jr. I never had a favorite girls name.
    TTC since September 2009

9 months with a RE, surprise BFP on a break cycle Jan 2012

Baby girl born September 13,2012 at 41 weeks

PAIF/SAIF welcome

• Dd yes
    Ds no. I liked Connor and Luke. I'd still use Luke, but not Connor. DH suggest jeshua and it's perfect...so glad we went with it.
    Becca was ALWAYS going to be Becca.
    Married DH 2/2007 --TTC since 7/2008
    2 early miscarriages, 7 IUIs with 1 c/p
    unexplained IF, IVF #1=
    Jeshua and Becca (7/15/11)-The loves of our lives!!!!
    "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him." 1 Samuel 1:27

• I never had just one name. I had a bunch of ideas DH hated but a few of them we agree on so we are all set. DH actually had the idea for DS full name before we were married and I love it. 

March15 July Siggy Challenge: Summer Fails

Married My Love 8/09, Blessed with Captain Adorable 3/12
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

BFP#1 7/13/11 EDD 3/16/12 DS born 3/16/12

BFP#2 5/16/14 EDD 1/23/15 CP 5/21/14

BFP#3 6/25/14  EDD 3/7/15 

imageimageimage

• I was going to name my daughter Aubrey Cadence, but MH's last pyscho ex who tried to break us up's name was Aubree, so we went with Eleanor Cadence.

I want to name my son Warren Ferris. I have him sold on Warren as a middle name, I'll get Ferris out of him too.

When I was super little it was going to be Starla Nickcole, or Lavinia Helene. Really glad i grew out of those. I never picked boy names.

Ella the Mermaid 06/13/12 * Wesley the Dread Pirate 09/15/14

• Yes I did.

Side note: neighbors have a little boy named Wolf. I kind of like it lol.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• When I was 16 I fell in love with the name Cambria Grace.  By the time we found out we were having a girl I wanted a more traditional name.  Unfortunately, DH had fallen in love with the name by then and hated everything else I suggested.  A few hours after DD was born I agreed to stick with it.  Most of the time she goes by Cami or Cami Grace.  

I still love the name but I do wish I could have gotten DH on board with a more traditional  name.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

11/2010- Diagnosed with PCOS
    BFP #1 10/10/2011 EDD 6/19/2012;Natural M/C 10/31/2011 @ 8wks
    BFP #2 5/10/2012 EDD 1/14/2013: Baby Girl born 1/12/2013
  • my husband and I always agreed on a boy name and a girl name. When I got pregnant all the sudden the boy name wasn't an option. well, lo and behold he was a boy and we were searching for a name.

Middle name is my middle name and kinda a family tradition. He is the 8th person on my father's side with this middle name

• I liked the name Aidan since high school, but it became too trendy. DH and I had mostly decided on DS's name long before I got pregnant, though. It's his grandfather's name.

• +ASH++ASH+
    1000 Comments 5 Love Its First Anniversary

I used my childhood favorite boys name, for DS10 - Christian. 

I consider my favorite girls name to be ugly now, but I won't say what it is (don't want to offend those who have used it).  

DS1 - 9; DS2 - 6; Angel - May 10, 2011; Baby Girl - Due May 19, 2013
  • SpookoSpooko
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Combo Breaker
    I really wanted to name a daughter Anastasia. Like really, really. Nope, I didn't use it. Even names I thought I was going to use just before pregnancy I ended up not using.

• Nona, Cooper is a huge family name on my side. Big time! I love it! Actually, I would have named my DD Cooper (gasp...boys name for a girl) if it wasn't so used already by my darn cousins in Texas. Boo on them.

I LOVE the name Cooper. And I think Chloe is such a pretty name!

• Are you sure you're not pregnant? ;)

I didn't have names, at least that I remember. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
    Why can't I fix my sig?? 
  • image KateMW:

Are you sure you're not pregnant? ;)

I didn't have names, at least that I remember. 

LOL. Yeah. And now I realize my posts sound psychotic.  Nope....not pregnant.  

• No, my sister and I argued through our childhood who would have a boy first to use Isaiah. Then she had one and named him that. And I'm glad because I don't even like it anymore.

**Nestie Besties with Deutschefairy**

Diagnosed PCOS '03, TTC #1 Since March '09
    BFP - 10/20/10, M/C - 10/29/10
    June 2011 - 50mg Clomid = No O
    Dieted and exercised my butt off for PCOS = BFP 5/7/2012
    Due 12/29/2012
  • No, and in fact, total opposite...

When I was younger I thought I'd have all girls for some reason, so I only made up girls names. They were all the boys-names-for-girls that everyone hates on - Taylor, Dylan, Devin, etc.

I still like those names, but names our DD Holly.  That alone is opposite what I would have thought because when I was 8, my mom was pregnant with my younger brother. If he was a girl (she kept it a surprise) she told me the name would be Holly. I HATED it and made it clear how awful I thought it was.  Fast forward 20 years and I loved it enough to use it for my own child!

• My childhood favorites were Abigail, Lillian, and Isaac. I still love them all, but am not likely to use them due to extreme popularity. Maybe Isaac at some point... 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• CnAmomCnAmom
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary
    I didn't really have names picked out growing up. Both of their names were at the top of my short lists, though.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers, Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • No, although I would likely have used my girl name if I'd had a daughter. It was Tessa Dale. Dale is my dad's name, and I liked it best for a girl.

I wanted William Theodore for a boy, because it was my grandpa's name. But I wound up marrying a guy with an extremely generic last name, and there are already 15 or so Will X's in the phone book. So we went with Finn Theodore, instead. 

That was my only boy's name, we were really flying blind with DS#2. 

• My cousin used my favorite girl name (Abigail) so no, but my daughter is a name I have always loved. My boy name (Jack) got super popular. Ryan was also a name I loved, but I was hesitant to use it since so many people use it for girls.
  • No. I was determined to have a little Wednesday Adam's. As soon as I hit maybe 21 I started rethinking it. Lol

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • No. I didn't have names I'd always wanted. I remember In junior high I wanted two daughters, Tessa and Alyssa. That's so not my style of name anymore. I remember my good friend wanted to have a girl named Juniper Anya and I wrinkled my nose at it. Now, I really like Juniper. Things change. 

imageimageimage

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • image Emmakins87:

The name I loved as  Child was Marsha ( Brady Bunch now not so much)  as a Teen a name I loved is now in existence, Kaelie  never worked out its spelling though and is considered " way too trendy"  and i do not like it anymore.   My other issue is every name I have liked I suggested to my siblings for their kids and now I feel gave all the names I loved away. 

For boys I always loved Sebastian H was against it for a human so its now one of our dogs names.  

I also had a dog named Sebastian.