Babies: 6 - 9 Months

thoughts on the safety first air convertible car seat?

it's about that time that LO needs a convertible car seat and i can't figure out which one i want! i just want the one with the highest weight limit (DD is a big one, she's almost 25 lbs at almost 9 months!) my friend recommended the safety 1st air but i just want other's reviews on it. also, if you have a better suggestion, i would love to hear it! :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: thoughts on the safety first air convertible car seat?

• If you're looking for a seat you can max out on height and weight, get a Diono.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image mben1119:
    If you're looking for a seat you can max out on height and weight, get a Diono.

YesYesYes

I have 3 Diono Radian RXT's and a Clek Foonf for my son. They are amazing. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersPitaPata Dog tickersPitaPata Dog tickers
  • My son is in the 97th percentile for height so we got the clek foonf also and plan on getting a radian for my husbands car.
    I married my best friend August 2009
    Lil J born 10/11/12

• We have the complete air and love it! Ds is also in the 97% for height and he has a lot of room for growth.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm curious how much room it takes up?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • image bmerr:

Holy crap.... $400 for a car seat?! I mean, you can't put a price on your child's safety and life, but.. yikes :/

We have a Graco My Size which holds up to 40lbs rear facing and 70lbs forward. It's not the slimmest of car seats, but it's not enormous. Before we bought it, we went to BRU and we asked if we could test out seats in our car to see if they would fit (we have a Suzuki SX4 Crossover which is a little on the small side) and they let us.

For the quality, construction, and engineering behind the Foonf it's so worth it. Besides, I only spent a little more than my Diono for my Foonf. They went on sale. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersPitaPata Dog tickersPitaPata Dog tickers
  • ObLaDiObLaDi
    2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 100 Love Its First Answer
    We got Radians. It has a higher RF weight limit than its competitors, which is what mattered to us.
  • We have the safety first air protect and love it. But I wasn't thinking about extended rear facing when we got it a few years ago. Though dd1 is FF, she just turned 3 and still meets the requirements for it RF. She is in the 50th percentile and is 32 lbs, 36 inches. Dd2 is even more petite so I'm not worried that she'll outgrow it before 2 or 3. People do swear by diono and foonf but I was comfortable with her safety in this 120, on sale, carseat.

• image minervacullen:
    I'm curious how much room it takes up?

i have an Acura TL and it fits perfect in the middle, and on the side also. I have a rolled up towel underneath to keep it at the 45 degree angle since ds isn't 22 lb just yet. 

Also got mine at bru on sale for $135 

Pregnancy Ticker