The doula posts from the other day got me thinking and I felt the need to write this for some advice/sympathy?/honest input.
After an induction due to estimated size of LO, about 18 hours of labor and 3 hours of pushing, my labor story ended in an emergency C-section. Due to the fact that LO's head could not fit through my pelvis despite my pushing efforts, he got wedged in there pretty tightly, resulting in my uterus being torn in 3 places during my operation. A few days after LO's birth, I was given the news that I would always be required to have C-sections due to these tears. That was the last time I spoke about it with my doctor and the convo was short and vague. I know I need to go into more detail with her, but I am terrified. I just can't come to terms with the idea of never experiencing a vaginal birth and I really want to try med-free as well with no induction (I feel that if I had waited to labor naturally, my pelvis might have "opened" a little more, allowing LO to fit).
My question is this, if my Dr. sticks to her guns about this C-section thing, should I seek a Dr. that might allow a VBAC or do you think that, since my Dr. witness the surgery and knows exactly what happened, that it would be best to stick with her? I would love to try a doula and try med-free, but I'm so worried my plans will be crushed by the reality that I will be required to have a scheduled C-section.
What do you guys think (Assuming you care deeply about having a vaginal delivery and such)? Second opinion or play it safe?